348 - Climate Control Mess | FerrariChat

348 Climate Control Mess

Discussion in '348/355' started by LuisF32, Jan 10, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LuisF32

LuisF32 Rookie

Jan 8, 2022
    Full Name:
    Luis Marques Fialho
    Hi guys,

So I recently entered the Ferrari World with my new to me Ferrari 348 TS and of course the climate control does not work.
    I tore it apart and at some point they tried to fix it. See the images attached and let me know your best advice. Do you know any place around Europe/World that is able to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers from Portugal!
    Luís
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Not sure what the cause of your issue is but I know in these cars very often the heat pump which is in the front boot in front of the blower motor housing tends to seize from age. When that happens it has all kinds of issues for the HVAC control panel. Poped capacitors error codes and so on. So as you get it fixed be sure you check or replace that Bosch hot water pump for the cabin heat.

As far as fixing it I know several folks have sent them out to several places claiming they can fix it but none of them have ever successfully been able to fix that control panel. Best option maybe to buy a used one.

Now if you're familiar with circuits and electronics you can likely troubleshoot and repair it yourself. If it was me I would keep it for parts and buy another one. I actually bought a spare for such a scenario.

Best of luck.

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Qavion and Mike Morrissey like this.
  3. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    #3 Qavion, Jan 10, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
    I don't think we'd be able to do much without being able to identify the burnt components and possibly see what pins on the main plug the components are attached to. I tried to find another photo of the board, but only found this:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/calling-all-stooges.240487/

Not clear enough.

When you say it doesn't work, do you mean everything? Are you familiar with the notorious hidden fuse and the relays in the forward luggage compartment?

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/146352637/

Fuse 6 in the passenger footwell also provides power to a lot of HVAC components.

4. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    It's interesting to see that the full pump current flows through the control panel. No wonder the panel gets "toasty".

Wiring diagram here:

https://www.dropbox.com/t/VtSjtZr80n8bnfEA

5. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Sounds like an auxiliary relay opportunity.

sjd