F8 - Panel Gaps | Page 3 | FerrariChat

F8 Panel Gaps

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Jkanasty, Oct 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    IMO the issue that the OP stated is most likely due to the design of the panel.

458 , 488 GTB , Pista all had a small guard and the bumper extended up to the start of the light. Easy to get to the screws under the guard

Image Unavailable, Please Login

The F8 design has the guard panel going down beside the brake duct

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Looks a bit more flimsy . I dare say that one nut into the bumper would take still to align it all together properly. Not to mention getting to it. I guess Ferrari knows it would take time to realign it properly and lets dealers take car of any complaints.

2. Daveol

Daveol Rookie

Jan 11, 2022
    Full Name:
    David Olear
    I have the same issue with my 2020 F8 I just bought it Nov 2021 Im the second owner. My gap is on the driver side but my passenger side is a bit off too. The dealer says "hand built so gap misalignment happens". It doesnt bother me I just worry the next buyer might think I damaged the car. Did you have yours corrected? Dave
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Ferrari = hand built
    McLaren = poor build quality

Funny

Coincid, Viperjoe, mdrums and 2 others like this.
  4. Daveol

Daveol Rookie

Jan 11, 2022
    Full Name:
    David Olear
    Thanks for the insight I have the problem on my F8 and hearing from experienced owners like you helps calm me Dave

5. Dijit

Dijit Karting

Feb 4, 2017
    Hampshire
    Easy fix. If dealer reluctant to help, show them this thread. Good luck.

Daveol likes this.
  6. Jkanasty

Jkanasty Rookie

Oct 4, 2021
    Full Name:
    Justin Knasel
    Ok, first I was able to have my issue fixed. I am also the second owner of the car, but it had less than 1,000 miles when I purchased it. What I had done was that I reached out to Ferrari North America and described my issue. I said that these panel gaps were not aligned, and that I had talked to my authorized Ferrari dealership, and they had told me it was "hand built" or "it was a part of the manufacturing process". Within a day, the dealership reached out to me and said to bring it in. I am sure kind words from Ferrari NA cleared up the issue. It was really a quick fix, but unfortunate that many dealerships are saying it is a "unique production" instead of re-aligning the bolts. Hope this helps.

TR007 and Daveol like this.
  7. todd cloud

todd cloud Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Todd
    plz post a pic?

8. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    So true. Ferrari owners are extremely tolerant with fit and finish issues, sticky buttons, decades old battery problems and even unexpectant and potentially lethal brake failures that Ferrari still is bewildered with providing a solution. But I will never buy a Mclaren, regardless of the fact that they are stellar performers because I have heard they are unreliable and ugly.

mkraft3003 likes this.