Wanted - CS - Factory Stripe - | FerrariChat

Wanted CS - Factory Stripe -

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by FerrariFL, Dec 31, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFL

FerrariFL Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2012
    Flexible on color and mileage

2. FerrariFL

FerrariFL Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2012
    Let me know if anyone has any leads! Thx

3. FerrariFL

FerrariFL Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2012
    Jaguar car not a real stripe and other one sold.

4. FerrariFL

FerrariFL Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2012
    Looking for any leads… Thank you

5. Giallo_f355gts

Mar 17, 2021
    Full Name:
    Alejandro
    Prices are ridiculous on CS...as JayEmm said when he tested one, they aren't that much better than a 360...once you adjust them by price they make little sense to me. Good luck finding one!

6. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    You've clearly not driven or owned one.

7. Giallo_f355gts

Mar 17, 2021
    Full Name:
    Alejandro
    I'm not saying it isn't great, all I'm saying that it's not worth the current premium over a standard 360. Have you checked how much more it cost when it was launched compared to a 360? That tells you how crazy the market looks like for a CS right now!

8. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    So are you basing this off of your driving experience or from jayemm review? It sounds like your repeating what one YouTuber’s thoughts are. I think most that own one or have driven one would disagree with his thoughts. It is a much different drive and a much more collectible car.

9. Giallo_f355gts

Mar 17, 2021
    Full Name:
    Alejandro
    I haven't driven one. I have a 355 GTS manual and I don't think the CS would give me so much more excitement. Is the CS a different drive and a more collectible car than a 360? Very likely. Is it worth the premium? I don't think so...

10. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    Different strokes for different folks. And your opinion leaves you as one less person others will have to fight with for ownership. I've had three CS's and they are, IMO, well worth the premium. They were, after all, factory challenge race cars pulled off the race car assembly line and made road legal. Did you know that?

A manual 355 is a nice car too. Enjoy in good health.

Good luck to the OP on your search for car.

11. Giallo_f355gts

Mar 17, 2021
    Full Name:
    Alejandro
    I knew that. So if you had 3 CS's why not a Scud that it has a far more superior gearbox? Only the sound is better on a CS...

12. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    #13 Vegas CS, Jan 11, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    I've had two Scuds as well. ;) Scuds are far superior mechanically (they should be, they were newer) but is not as "beautiful" IMO. The CS's curves were more beautiful. Next! lol

Think about this Alejandro.......one (some would say questionable) opinion from a YT'er vs the legions of fans around the world. Some of the finest Ferrari collections in the world contain a CS. David Lee is the first example that pops into my head. Not that I intend to argue the point for long as it's like trying to change the mind of a liberal and vice versa but really......I don't think it's in good taste to offer an opinion or question the value of a car of which you have zero experience with. Much less attempt to reiterate that baseless point.

Oengus, patina and mkraft3003 like this.
  13. Giallo_f355gts

Mar 17, 2021
    Full Name:
    Alejandro
    David Lee buys cars without even looking at the price point and that by itself has nothing to do with my original statement. ALL I'm saying is that the price spread with respect to a 360 is in my opinion too high, it is too rich. If the car was so special to begin with, don't you find a bit odd that Ferrari had not priced it with a substantial spread over the 360? Or is it just that David Lee and other car enthusiasts discovered something than even Ferrari wasn't aware of...

14. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    I’m done. :rolleyes:

Again, good luck to the OP.

Oengus and mkraft3003 like this.
  15. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    So do you consider the Speciale special? The original 458 MSRP was 239k and the original MSRP for the Speciale was 288k. Based on your logic there should be a much higher spread over these cars as originally priced!! The VS of most cars only had a slight premium over the original models. Your credibility is out the window as you based your opinion on a YouTube video reviewer. You admit you have never driven the car so you aren’t able to give an opinion on if it is really worth the premium. Bottom line the CS is worth the premium, more collectible/desirable and a race car that was street legal. The market dictates if a cars value is there and the market has spoken for the CS, so unfortunately your opinion is not valid. Sorry.

Vegas CS likes this.
  16. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
    The debate should've ended right here :D

17. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    I have a three strike rule. lol

mkraft3003 likes this.
  18. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    FIFY

ewright likes this.
  19. Giallo_f355gts

Mar 17, 2021
    Full Name:
    Alejandro
    Good luck with what the market dictates...you clearly never traded anything in order to trust market prices the way you do! We'll see once the supply bottlenecks clear, the Fed removes all the ridiculous accommodation and people stop chasing goods with ample liquidty..."when the tides go we can see who is swimming naked" applies to CS and all the "special" versions that command such a crazy spread...anyway keep buying CS at $300k+ because they can only go up up up and the market says so!!

20. Nine9Three

Nine9Three Karting

Oct 24, 2017
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I have a CS. I also wanted a 599GTO but settled for a GTB. Only about a $5-600k delta. I still want a GTO. It is all about the sum of the bits. Find your CS now as they are headed for the sky.

21. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    tomc likes this.
  22. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Its funny but even though I own a CS I’m still enamored with pics and seeing others. Beautiful and excellent cars…

23. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Same.

24. FordGTDriver

FordGTDriver Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2007
    BigBossF430 and tomc like this.