360 F1 Reverse Switch sending error | FerrariChat

360 F1 Reverse Switch sending error

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Hi5Family, Jan 11, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hi5Family

Hi5Family Rookie

Jun 28, 2021
    Full Name:
    John Hinman
    #1 Hi5Family, Jan 11, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    Hello,
    I have a 99' 360 with the F1. Never had a problem going into gear or shifting, but sometimes if I pull the reverse lever back all the way, I will get an error light. Still goes into gear and drives fine. I've noticed if I don't pull it all the way back it doesn't produce an error. Also if I pull it back and get the error, If I just push it forward a bit. the error goes away. Before I remove the reverse switch to see what's going on, have any of you experienced this and the solution? Thank you for any help!

2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Lever breakages are common, but I don't understand the symptoms you are experiencing. The reverse lever is just an on/off switch. If the car is going into reverse gear, the electrical switch in the panel must have been correctly activated (and the ECU has sent a signal to the approriate power unit solenoids and to the reverse relay to turn on the reversing lights).

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Perhaps the initial movement has activated the switch, then the lever has settled away from the switch (confusing the ECU logic)? However, from a safety perspective, I though the gearbox should have gone into neutral if this happened.
    There are resistors in the circuit (for selection and non-selection of reverse). Perhaps you could check the resistance across panel plug pins 4 and 5 with the reverse lever in various positions?
    i.e. according to the Speedworks FRS wiring diagram above, 4.9k ohms when not selected and 1k ohm when selected.

Experts?

Have you updated the reverse lever to the stronger Ricambi/Hill Engineering one?

https://www.hillengineering.co.uk/reverse-levers

Hi5Family likes this.
  3. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Hi5Family likes this.
  4. Hi5Family

Hi5Family Rookie

Jun 28, 2021
    Full Name:
    John Hinman
    #4 Hi5Family, Jan 13, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
    Wow, thank you so much for this. This is exactly the info I was looking for!

Qavion likes this.