Management Reorg | FerrariChat

Management Reorg

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by 575joe, Jan 10, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 575joe

575joe Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2006
    Don't like the sound of this.
    Sounds like all touch screens and batteries.
    I prefer Vroom-Vroom people.

Ferrari unveils new organization and top team to face electrification challenge
    MILAN

on Monday unveiled a new organization and leadership changes to help it streamline processes, in the first major move by the sportscar maker’s new chief executive as the company embraces electrification.

Benedetto Vigna, a tech industry veteran and a former top executive at chip maker STMicroelectronics, took the CEO role in September with a task to drive Ferrari into a new era of cleaner, quieter and interconnected mobility.

The new structure, designed to sharpen Ferrari’s technology focus and product exclusivity, will see more key operations segments directly report to the CEO, including “Product Development and Research & Development”, “Digital & Data” and “Technologies & Infrastructures”, the company said.

It will allow Vigna to reduce intermediate layers of management, making the car maker, known for it roaring high-octane sportcars, faster and more agile, a source close to the matter said.

As part of the overhaul, the company appointed Gianmaria Fulgenzi – at Ferrari since 2002 and recently head of supply chain at its racing division – as chief product development officer, it said.

Ernesto Lasalandra was hired from Vigna’s former employer STMicro to become Ferrari’s chief research and development officer.

Silvia Gabrielli, who joined Ferrari in 2019 from Microsoft, was appointed chief digital and data officer to boost “the digital transformation process throughout the company, ensuring more data driven and digitally focused processes.”

“The new organizational structure will further foster innovation, optimize processes and increase collaboration both internally and with partners,” Ferrari said in a statement.

Ferrari also hired Angelo Pesci from STMicro, where he has spent over 20 years dealing with financial planning, supply chain and product planning, services and operations. He was named chief purchasing and quality officer at the Italian company.

Bestinver analyst Andrea Trovarelli said in a report that Vigna’s decision to hire two top executives from STMicro suggested he was “turning to trusted allies to aid his turnaround and to put the iconic manufacturer on course for electrification.”

Ferrari has confirmed Mattia Binotto as boss of its Formula One racing team, it added.

As part of its internal shakeup, the company last month anticipated three top executives were leaving the company, including Chief Technology Officer Michael Leiters and Chief Brand Diversification Officer Nicola Boari, who oversaw Ferrari’s push beyond its luxury sports car business, with the unveiling in June of its first in-house fashion collection.

Vigna will run the “Brand Diversification” function on an interim basis, Ferrari said.

The source said Vigna firmly believed in Ferrari’s brand strategy but wanted to oversee the way it is managed, to make sure it can act with a “startup mode” before a long-term boss for this function is appointed in the coming months.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  2. khal360

khal360 Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2005
    Hold onto your cars all. Ferraris have always has a mystique about them, soon to be washed away in a sea of electrification and iPad dashboards.

Shack, nmcclure, Loxo and 3 others like this.
  3. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Yeah. That's what I think about when I look at Ferrari. The only way to differentiate tech is with more tech. Buy the stock but unfortunately not the car.

430jm and Caeruleus11 like this.
  4. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/148307051/

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  5. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Fully agree! One of my favourite things about the interior of my 812 GTS (and previously, 812 SF) is that it does NOT have a central screen, or much tech in general. The screens look terrible, often like a stuck on iPad, and the screen tech is obsolete pretty much as soon as production of the car starts.

I'm also not a fan of the various driver 'aids' (which in my experience are unnecessary and sometimes downright dangerous) - I selected precisely none of them for my GTS!

6. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    At least they fired the guy responsible for the new 'clothing'!

430jm, Dicecal, JTSE30 and 3 others like this.
  7. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
  8. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Yes, that's what I mean....
    OR, I'm just pissed because I'm not cool enough; or I don't get it.... :-(

9. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Even the models are not happy wearing that crap! :D

nmcclure likes this.
  10. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    What the heck was that guy thinking? Should have sent all that stuff directly to the outlet store or better yet Bangladesh ( no offense to Bangladesh )

11. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Trying to cash in on the new spider man movie craze

veelangs likes this.
  12. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
  13. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
  14. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Not only is the tech itself obsolete, but the shape of the screens, the UX, even the fonts used age so quickly and make an interior feel so dated just years after the release. Obviously some brands do this better than others, but for the most part - the less screens the better! For example - Compare the interior of the Veyron from 2005 to a Gallardo which would have had the "latest greatest" screen of its time. Soon enough the large screens found on any modern car will feel antique.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

till.a.fischer likes this.
  15. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Your reaction made me laugh out loud!

italiafan likes this.
  16. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Right on the money. The lack of screens in current models; like the GTS will give it a much more timeless look we will lust after in the next decade.
    And indeed the fewer the driver aids, the better the actual driving enjoyment = future classic.

Shack, nmcclure, Boots and 2 others like this.
  17. 430jm

430jm Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2017
    Atlanta
    Didn’t hear this. Thank God! It was embarrassing to and for the brand!

Maximus1973 likes this.
  18. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    There is much worse than the clothes very soon ...
    This is not a car, this is a revolution!
    It is a sadness ...

Eilig and KenU like this.
  19. Quietriot

Quietriot Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2018
    100% agree

Maximus1973 likes this.
  20. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Are those actual people in those clothes? They look like droids or some kind of bad AI images. I hope they aren't actual people as they look kind of freaky and unhealthy.

21. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    The final nail in the coffin

Marcel Massini and day355 like this.
  22. veelangs

veelangs Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2021
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Vee
    To be fair, even those who get it aren't cool enough. Only Ferrari would sell runway designs off the rack, even haute couture brands don't do that.

You really need to be a celeb of some sort to pull something like that off, but I am very much looking forward to the summer when some well intentioned but misguided hedge manager brings his SP3 to a Hagerty or Cars and Coffee event wearing that!

23. veelangs

veelangs Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2021
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Vee
    The veyron uses an HP iPaq Windows Mobile PDA to for all of it's trip computer functions which to this day makes me a little giddy. One day we'll hear about VW group (or Rimac now?) scrambling to find very specific iPaqs to replace broken ones on veyrons haha

Marcel Massini likes this.
  24. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    "cleaner, quieter and interconnected mobility.” Because that's what all Ferrari owners aspire to.

25. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    I would assume that anyone being fortunate enough to buy an SP33 would have the amount of common sense to look into a mirror when walking out the door; judging ones look..... But hey, that would be an internet meme for the ages!