Aston Martin F1 | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Aston Martin F1

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Feb 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I presume Aston Martin spent a lot of money developing the Valkyrie as their halo car and will never get a financial return on it.
    It was decided by Palmer, the ex-CEO, but looks out of place in the Aston Marge, IMO.
    In the opposite, the DBX could be a money maker, and a saviour, like the Cayenne became for Porsche.

2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Yes the money making model is the SUV. Interesting as Mercedes all but installed the now fired CEO. Aston is a pitiful company and I think in 2 years Stroll will tire of it and possibly F1. He should probably get a nice return on the racing entity and a bit on the car company. Will anyone at all miss Aston? Best years are behind it I feel.

tritone likes this.
  3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I wouldn't miss Aston Martin in F1, since it's not its natural habitat.

But I hope the sports cars company will survive; like Bentley, it's a bit of a standard-bearer in Britain.

IMO, Aston should concentrate in making the inevitable SUVs, and front-engined 2+2 GTs like the DB11 where their niche is.

Aston Martins are less flamboyant that their Italian counterpart, and I didn't see the introduction of a mid-engine coupe as an asset in their range.

Also, GT racing is where they thrive, having unsuccessfully tried LMP1, etc ...

jpalmito, tifosi12 and DF1 like this.
  4. Pawilly

Pawilly Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
  5. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    So it seems that engineering and manufacturing cars is more difficult than marketing designer's clothes made in sweatshops in China...

furoni, stavura, Bas and 4 others like this.
  6. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Fortunately,
    Engineering a beautiful V12 is the proof of human genius.

Bas likes this.
  7. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Not really, unless you "COPY" another's design.:D

furoni, stavura, DF1 and 2 others like this.
  8. DF1

Aston Martin reveals launch date for 2022 Formula 1 car
    Aston Martin has become the first Formula 1 team to formally announce its launch plans for its new car ahead of the 2022 season.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Luke Smith
    Jan 14, 2022, 3:54 AM
    In an email sent to fans on Friday morning, Aston Martin confirmed that the AMR22 car will be unveiled on 10 February from the manufacturer’s headquarters in Gaydon.

It marks a first date in the diary for F1 launch season in 2022, when all 10 teams will unveil significantly revised designs under the overhauled technical regulations for the upcoming campaign.

Ferrari has set a loose plan of launching its car around 16-18 February, but is yet to announce an exact date.

Pre-season testing begins at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya in Spain on 23 February. Teams will get six days of pre-season running before the opening round of the season takes place in Bahrain on 20 March.

9. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    I don't give more than 2 years until Lawrence Strulovitch sells off everything, he is a short temper and time is running.

DF1 and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  10. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I hope you're wrong. I'd love to watch Lance in F1 for many years to come.

william likes this.
  11. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    So Lance will be starting his 6th season in F1?

12. DF1

Who??? LOL :)

jgonzalesm6 and 375+ like this.
  13. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Lance Armstrong.

14. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    #264 jgonzalesm6, Jan 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    Flavio_C likes this.
  15. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    The dilution of leadership with non-Brits in key roles at Brit teams continues. And here I thought only Italian teams needed foreign leadership. :p

This guy’s good, though. He’s going places with lines like this: “Lance Stroll is a seriously fast and talented driver, too, with 100 Grands Prix starts to his name.”

100 Grands Prix starts! LOL.

375+ likes this.
  16. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Perhaps the former lead to the later.

Bas likes this.
  17. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Lance needs to "Krack" on big time!!!

ingegnere likes this.
  18. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I hope not because he is funding a team to race. Sure someone else will come in with big mulla and a son to drive as well.

It does appear to me he wants to win which is certainly good for the sport.

Time will tell!

william likes this.
  19. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    IF Lawrence does bug-out, then it would be an opportunity for Porsche or Audi to acquire Aston Martin.

Flavio_C likes this.
  20. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Apparently this is stipulated in the employment contract. Another Lance sycophant. More painfully transparent Lawrence Stroll bullsh*t--does he really expect anyone to believe this crap?

ingegnere, Bas and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  21. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Good shout. It would be a salvation for Lawrence.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  22. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Snaf previously and bizarrely called Stroll "one of the most gifted F1 drivers ever". Instantly removing all credit.

Isobel and 375+ like this.
  23. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Maybe he was fired because of that alone !

Bas likes this.
  24. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I still can't belive someone uttered those words out loud.

Bas and 375+ like this.
  25. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Drama at AMRF1???? Maybe the reason why Otmar left??? I would not want to be under Mr. "Strollavich" if all this is true."

Crisis unfolds: Aston Martin will not make first test

Aston Martin Racing has appointed a new F1 team principal for the 2022 season. Former head of BMW’s global motorsport operation Mike Krack has joined the outfit after the departure of long-standing team member Otmar Szafnauer, but the new boss will be taking on a Formula 1 team in crisis.

Krack has plenty of experience during his time in motorsport, after a decade in Formula One working for Sauber. Most recently Krack was in charge of the BMW Formula E team as well as the GT and IMSA programmes. But Krack will be tackling some significant issues in a team that has over the years gained a reputation of punching well above its weight, but now appears to be headed to disaster.

A source within the team has revealed to this website a deepening resentment in the factory at the situation unfolding.

Canadian billionaire Lawerence Stroll took over the self confessed ‘plucky family team’ known as Force India owned by Vijay Mallya. A team who gained a deserved reputation for making the most of limited resources, often at the head of the fiercely competitive midfield and frequently embarrassing far better funded competitors.

Now the squad has received significant investment and a total rebrand as the official works Aston Martin team with the focus of a marketing vehicle for the carmaker rather than a grassroots style racing team.

Further, the team has gone from a modest, but efficient workforce to a far larger entity of what appears to be ‘headless chickens’ according to our source. Despite the 200+ additional employees, the issues within the team have impacted the development of the brand new 2022 Formula 1 car, the AMR22, set to be the first car of the grid with a presentation date of Thursday the 10th of February.

Despite being first out of the blocks with the show car, TJ13 understands that the real car will be far from ready when the first winter tests start later in February. Furthermore the source reveals that:

“The car is miles behind to the point if it makes 1st test at Barcelona on Feb 23rd everyone will be so surprised you’ll hear the cheer from outer space….”

Understandably Lawrence Stroll is not a happy bunny; the new highly paid executives and their underlings too scared to voice what needs to be said in countless meetings in an attempt to resolve the problems, whilst significant sums of money are being thrown at the issues.

Indeed it seems to many within the team feel that the former team principal Otmar Szafnauer jumped ship to Alpine having seen the writing on the wall. The new boss Mike Krack will have a mountain to climb to get the team back on track.

https://thejudge13.com/2022/01/28/crisis-unfolds-aston-martin-will-not-make-first-test/

Flavio_C and ingegnere like this.