Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari | Page 115 | FerrariChat

Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by carguy98, Jul 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Beard Bros.

Beard Bros. Karting

Aug 22, 2018
    Midwest USA
    Full Name:
    James
    I live in a rural area 2 hours from any major city, and have 2 F-cars, a 1989 328 GTS and a 1991 Testarossa. They are uncommon here and the question is always about pricing, how much did it cost? My favorite answer is a question. So I ask them what they drive, and most of the time it is a new truck. Then my response is "you probably paid more for your new truck than I did for my Ferrari". The look of bewilderment is the best ever.

Auraraptor and Nospinzone like this.
  2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I know some people have posted on here that they have received insulting or demeaning questions from jerks. I have been lucky that I have never encountered that. I have had people ask really simplistic questions, but I understand they are not car people and their questions are genuine. I'm always happy to explain things to them (I never get tired of talking about my Ferraris).

The two funniest ones I have had regarding my 2008 612 OTO are -

Oh, is this the new AWD model? (A few years after the FF came out and I had explained the 612 is a front engine V12)

Is that how you shift the car? (After seeing the little reverse lever on the center console)

enzoformenh and AREDSTALLION like this.
  3. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I want to share with you a funny encounter while driving my 360 Spider today. This thread needs a bump, so here goes.

I was behind a Toyota driven by a young lady and noticed that one of her rear tires was flat. So at the next red light stop, I wanted to let her know and here's how the conversation went.

Me: Hey! Row down your window!
    Her: **** off. I already have a boyfriend!
    Me: (yelling now because her music is loud) You have a flat tire!
    Her: (rolling down the window all the way) Oh my God! Can you help me?
    Me: No, call your boyfriend!

The light turned green and I just left her behind.

4. jc1

jc1 Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2021
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Joey (2012 458 Spider)
    Nice

Reacherman1022, Florida Joe and mello like this.
  5. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I would of help her if she didn't tell me to **** off. She's a looker.

italiafan likes this.
  6. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Not original, but still funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    It was a beautiful day yesterday, so I picked up my youngest son from school in the McLaren. I was waiting outside school for them to come out. A parent rolls by in his SUV.
    he looks at the car and says beautiful car.

I thank him for the comment.

He then is shaking his head and asks me how do you buy a car like that. I wasn’t sure what he was asking so I asked him to repeat. He said “how do you but a car like that?”

Not quite sure what he was asking, I simply said you can go and buy one.

He looks at me and says he mean you can just go out and buy one of those.

I reply, yes.

Then he says you mean like paying cash?

I say yes. He then rolls off.

Further down the road, another motor is SAST me the obligatory how much does it cost. We live in a small town. That’s the most common question I get. I just tell folks that they ain’t cheap. That usually answers the question.

Nospinzone and G. Pepper like this.
  8. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    At Walgreens yesterday in my 992 turbo S and this kid in a beat up Ford Fiesta drives up and says someday your going to come here and I will be driving the same car. I said you have to have goals!

9. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    My answer to this crass question: Whatever it was worth at the time.
    I try not to piss anyone off because you never know when they're going to turn up at,say,a fund raising/charity occasion and you're there taking paying folks for a ride in the car.

10. Snapshift

Snapshift Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 31, 2020
    Centralia IL
    Full Name:
    Lyle D. Pahnke
    Recently while fueling up at a large downtown Shell station a junker car pulls up to the pump behind me. An obvious female evening entrepreneur starts fueling her car and looks over and says " you give me a ride in that thing and I'll give you a ride you'll never forget." I thanked her for the offer but said I already had a rider. My wife, sitting the car overheard this and was silently laughing. I told her, " see you really don't have to worry about this being a chick magnet"

11. Snapshift

Snapshift Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 31, 2020
    Centralia IL
    Full Name:
    Lyle D. Pahnke
    There is an Italian celebration Parade on Columbus day "on the Hill" in St. Louis annually and there are a few Ferraris that get into the parade. I brought my young 30yo daughter along this past year and while we were staging the cars in line and I had stepped away for a moment, some of the older Italian men in the vicinity came over and talked to my daughter who was standing at the car. One of the questions that she found amusing was "Tell me, does this car really work for the old man?". She answered "it sure does". Little did they know it was my daughter. Hadn't thought of the image, but oh well. Had a lot of fun that day.

12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Never felt a need to avoid this question. I don't care for all the odd personal questions about my income etc. but the car of the price is not personal. To me that is pretty simple as it's just a matter of looking at a list. I just answer what it is and that's usually the end of that question. I find that people actually ask because they want to know, not because they try and trap you into being a ******.

To me it would be treating them in an inferior and arrogant manner by not telling. On the flipside, what I do for a living or what I'm worth, is none of their business.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

superscoop, VAF84 and Nospinzone like this.
  13. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Only if you're talking about a new model car.

I've never and will never own a new model Ferrari....all of mine are/have been carby cars,hence my reply to that question if it comes up.

14. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Agree. Someone asks they should be prepared for the answer. Besides it can be found on a Google in 1 sec.

I was at a gas station in NC fueling up the Speciale last summer. A guy sitting in the bed of a pickup yelled over, “How much is that car?” He looked like he was way down on the worker earning scale; I’m guessing minimum wage, no car, no bank account, living on the couch type of look.
    I said, “About $450K.” And he just looked absolutely gutted, a thousand miles stare, and was silent. I can imagine his brain literally could not compute how something could cost so much and be a car, and driving around.When you realize a great many people can’t save $40K to buy a trailer....

VAF84, rampante550 and mello like this.
  15. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Not that my response is any better, but I usually give a version of "Well, prices on these (we have 328 and 430) can really vary by a tremendous amount depending on condition, car's history, mileage and so on..."

MalcQV likes this.
  16. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I haven't gotten this question in a long time, but I always answer with a value. Anyone can look it up, and if you don't answer you come off as a pompous a$$.

Besides, I would wager there is no one on this forum who hasn't at one time wondered and asked what a certain car, house, boat, [insert any other object] costs. ;)

17. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    This

18. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Don't care. I always answer. Being it a 250, 328, or 812. If people ask what the price or circa value is. It is not a bad question to come from someone who's interested in the car in question.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

ryalex and Nospinzone like this.
  19. SirTony76

SirTony76 Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    MN
    This is my car--get lots of questions, if I sense they are a genuine car guy (you just know it by how they ask), I strike up a conversation. Otherwise, my responses in an upbeat / positive fashion are as follows--

"How much does that car cost?" "More than I'm willing to admit!"

"What's the gas mileage?" "Awful!"

"Is that the new Tesla?" "No!"
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Whenever someone asked me about the price of my Ferrari, I would give my usual answer, "I can't tell you. Even my wife doesn't know!"

A bit of chuckling and a smile, I'll be on my way.

CoreyNJ, VAF84, pilotoCS and 3 others like this.
  21. rampante550

rampante550 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2010
    NC
    Full Name:
    D Day
    I suppose for fun, one could try telling someone it cost you your soul, then give a thousand-yard stare - or maybe give the Thanos answer . .

One thing that would be fun would be to create an alternate version of that scene from John Wick with a little Italian flare. I might do an edit-based version of that soon now that I think of it
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Circle K and Reacherman1022 like this.
  22. Aerosurfer

Aerosurfer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Great thread.. just read thru the whole thing over the past few days…

My contribution…

I recently got my 456GT and live in a moderate upper middle class subdivision. I have a car lift that gets lots of double looks from people passing by but til now just a Mercedes or BMW on it. I had the 456 on the driveway cleaning it and a guy on a walk passes by and says “wow you don’t see those in this neighborhood” without missing a beat, I said “you do now”. I wasn’t trying to be condescending and it was the first reaction I had to owning a Ferrari. We chatted for a little bit as I told him about it. The 456 is definitely a mystery to a lot of people. So people recognize the brand, or can tell from the lines it’s something special, but had no idea it existed among more flashy Ferraris

ross and VAF84 like this.
  23. Aerosurfer

Aerosurfer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Nick

Where do get the ‘Farari’ gear and Mustang horse logo? This is hilarious, but I can’t find anything on the internet making this hat or the t-shirt posted earlier in this thread

24. kens

kens Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    You can make your own gear at cafepress, just need to upload some artwork. The basis for most artwork can be found elsewhere.

25. Mike Morrissey

Mike Morrissey Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2018
    Denver, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mike Morrissey
    Two young boys on bicycles followed my ‘85 308 into a parking lot and ask me if it was some kind of new Trans Am. I explained to them what it was and that it was twice as old as they were. Then they asked, where are the door handles? :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login