Rod Run #1- Car Guy Heaven | FerrariChat

Rod Run #1- Car Guy Heaven

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by DIGMAN52, Mar 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    It was late fall, and I had put the word out that a private collector was opening his collection up to us a couple of hours away. The response was quick, and we put together 14 guys and 8 great cars for a day of car guy heaven. We had as follows:
    355 Spyder, 2 - NSX, 1 CSX 1000 Shelby Cobra, piloted by one of Shel's best friends, 1986 Autokraft Cobra, Mustang Cobra, E-55 Benz, and a Boxster S.

We first went through the original display that has the black and white floors. Half of the cars had been moved to the three new carriage houses you see with the red brick floors.

As you can see, the owner has an affection for red, as all but a couple of the cars are. An amazing collection, that these pictures are only a part of.
    My favorite is the 1959 Testarossa, but the wooden boattail Rolls Royce with the matching Chris Craft behind ( once owned by Ralph Lauren) is quite a machine.
    Enjoy these great cars, and maybe you can join us for Rod Run #2

2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Wow, does this mean that us po folks in Houston can come? Please. Pretty please.

DrTax

3. Scott85

Scott85 Formula 3

Dec 16, 2000
    Dayton , OH
    Thats an amzing collection. The pics kept getting better as I scrolled down. How many cars does he own ?

4. Tennlee

Tennlee Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2002
    Great Smoky Mountains
    Awesome collection. Any info on the mini FoBH model? Handmade?

5. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    He probably has 50-60 cars, and they are all in perfect working shape. I'm not sure if the model plane was hand built or not, but a bunch of 3-4' wingspan planes hanging from the ceiling that look cool.