430 - X pipe only noise stock f430 | FerrariChat

430 X pipe only noise stock f430

Discussion in '360/430' started by craze, Jan 14, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hi, just wondering with stock car valves always open what is fabspeed x pipe like?
    If valves are open doesnt it effectively bypass the s pipe anyway

Does it drone?

Ive driven with stock valved setup, but unplug vac lines as i prefer the sound with valves open

Thank you

Ps i did search but most people had other exhaust mods

2. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Does anyone know please??

3. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Have a look on u tube as there was one on it. Not sure you would get away with one in aussy as a real racket, some people have removed them as too much

4. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Apparently the x pipe swap doesnt really change anything if valves are open as it doesnt flow through

Sline is proper xpipe as gases flow through it all the time

5. Enzo Sebastian

Enzo Sebastian Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 2, 2020
    Amsterdam
    Full Name:
    Laurence Sebastian
    The problem is with any valved end muffler it will change almost nothing to nothing. I have heard it in person. The moment there are valves in an X Pipe or muffler system, the moment they are open the car will sound exactly the same as when you have the regular muffler. It will only sound different in lower RPM's or when the valves are closed. If you have a valve controller to keep them open 99% of the time already, the sounds will not be different.

If you change something with the headers and/or cats of the car, it will sound different. And better ;)

craze likes this.
  6. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    I fitted the capristo manifolds and back box with no valves, thats about right. My neibours like it

7. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    I had the Fabspeed race line X-pipe setup where there are no valves and it always is though the X-pipe with out any silencers. This setup replaces the whole exhaust.

It was glorious and one of the things that sold me on the car. At 7000rpm and above it was truly F1 sound.

I unfortunately had to remove it because my wife complained. I moved to the Kline exhaust which has a silencer when valved and X-Pipe when valves are opened. Not as loud but same tone above 7k.

I wouldn’t get an X-Pipe that was valved to replace the silencer only one what is valved for the higher RPMs like the Kline or one that replaces the whole exhaust path like the Fabspeed race line exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

DiabloTerr likes this.
  8. chenglo1

chenglo1 Formula Junior

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Cheng
    Hi there,

I was in your shoes a couple years back. My oem can developed a leak so I installed the Fabspeed Xpipe. I was perfectly happy with the oem sound esp with an electronic over ride. I almost always drive with valves open once i leave my neighborhood. Imo, the oem has a deeper growling and more low end rumbling sound vs the Xpipe. To remind myself, i recorded a clip which i saved on youtube. I was going to record a second clip once I installed the xpipe (easy peasy install) but didnt get around to it. I did notice the difference right away and its like i said. Xpipe is higher pitch. Also, im not sure what you are saying with respect to valves open and xpipe BUT, there is a marked difference in sound volume with valves open and xpipe. My friends also believe the xpipe setup is louder than oem setup. Not quite fair as 6 mos after installing the xpipe i installed the Fabspeed sport cats and O2 extenders. This made an even bigger difference! The backfires and gurgles between shifts pretty much doubled in frequency. Happened more often and the entire rock concert went up another notch. Id be more curious on adding sport cats to the oem can! Hope i answered ur question. I recc Steve Bisels valve over ride system vs unplugging hoses. Mines goin on 6 or 7 years and no issues.

Ill do a new sound clip once our season starts up agsin in May.

9. chenglo1

chenglo1 Formula Junior

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Cheng
    Michael,

I found the clip of the xpipe installed. All other exhaust parts were stock except xpipe. No fancy editing or anything here. Just quick 5 min to keep for my personal records. On same channel is clip of oem muffler. Hope this helps answer ur question. Note you can hear diff valves closed then valves opened.

craze likes this.