Ferrari Classiche red book | FerrariChat

Ferrari Classiche red book

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Bowzer, Jan 8, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bowzer

Bowzer Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2016
    MALTA
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    Hello all
    What is the total cost , and approximate time to have The Ferrari Classiche red book at present, on an early 70's V12 Ferrari ? Also, does it add a percentage value to the car ?
    Thank you

2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #2 Marcel Massini, Jan 8, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
    You mean a 365 GTC/4?
    Cost is about Euro € 7'500. Potential "corrections" or repairs on car not included.
    May take between 6 and 12 months.

Use the search function on fchat, plenty of threads already about Classiche and Red Books.

Marcel Massini

BJK likes this.
  3. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    I would recommend contacting your favorite or nearest Classiche certification center, which I believe are usually in conjunction with an official Ferrari dealership.
    As for the perception of added value, well, that's debatable and probably a "personal" choice for many (For example, I don't put/see any value in them, but that's just me).

Bryanp, Bowzer and DWR46 like this.
  4. Bowzer

Bowzer Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2016
    MALTA
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    Thank you , also there are various chats and amounts. I prefer to hear from the horse's mouth , question was asked because the car I will be buying comes with this red book already.

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I think it varies by car. My 355 was $7,500 and 6 months.

Tried the 355 Challenge car 2 years ago and pandemic hit. It was never completed before I sold the car. Appears they're pretty caught up now though.

Bowzer likes this.
  6. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Value is in the eye of the beholder. It is worthless to some and gives others a needed level of confidence. 20 people will give 20 answers. Obviously it has value to many or Ferrari would not have a long line of people going through the process at various not insignificant costs. What matters is what it is worth to you.

7. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Just consult the current Classiche price list. Each model is listed there. Many are around Euro € 7 K but if you want to have your 250 GTO or 250 TR certified they will easily charge you Euro € 21 K, to begin with.

Marcel Massini

8. Admiral Goodwrench

Admiral Goodwrench Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2005
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Robert Phillips
    Dear Brian,

My own black book seemed to do the job, but I have no way to figure out what it cost me.

Best regards,

Robert

9. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I seem to remember some stories Dad told about the good old days in the early 40's in Honolulu and Australia. Never had any reason to doubt the old saying about a drunken sailor. I think he spent too much off duty time on Hotel St.

10. Admiral Goodwrench

Admiral Goodwrench Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2005
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Robert Phillips
    Dear Brian,

Funny, I was referring to the 3 inch black binder I prepared for the Pebble Beach judges with the full documented history and photos of my old car, not my Navy days black book. My first Honolulu experience was in the fall of 58 enroute to the Enewetok Proving grounds and lots of nuclear tests ( the nearest was only 6,000 yards away).

Best regards,

Robert

375+ and readplays like this.
  11. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    Anyone knows where this price list can be found?

Best, Peter

12. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Ask your authorized Ferrari Classiche agent/representative "Officina Ferrari Classiche", usually an official Ferrari dealer in your country.

Marcel Massini

pshoejberg likes this.