458 - My 458 Spider and Scuderia Audio - It is awesome! | FerrariChat

458 My 458 Spider and Scuderia Audio - It is awesome!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Goatdave, Jan 16, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Goatdave

Goatdave Rookie

Jun 4, 2016
    Clermont, Florida
    I love music. I love listening to music when I drive. Loud music - heavy metal. Been that way since my first car - a rust bucket that I put Jensen 6X9s in the package shelf - the speakers, radio and EQ cost more than the $50 camaro I put it in.
    So when I got my 458 I was disappointed with the sound quality. I even have the upgraded JBL system.
    I daily my 458 so I drive on the turnpike with trucks and traffic and could barely hear the music.
    With the top down the mids were muddled and mushy - best I can describe it is if sound could be wet newspaper. If you turned it up then the distortion would kick in. Yuk!
    No highs and absolutely no lows.
    I got frustrated one day coming home from work, did some research here on FerrariChat and reached out to Mike at Scuderia Audio.
    He was great to work with, responded almost instantly and had great recommendations.
    I ended up getting a whole premium system from him - Premium Focal speakers (quality company), pods with the tweeters, new mids for the doors and dual subwoofers for between the seats - wrapped in Ferrari black leather. The amp was the small but powerful Mosconi. I also got all the mounting plates and harnesses.
    It is a really well thought out system and Mike makes it easy to get it all at once. And the pricing was an absolute bargain.
    I placed the order and then sat back thinking it would be 6-8 weeks or so to get my gear.
    Nope. Mike started texting and emailing me with progress updates - when the box was made, when it was been sent out to upholster shop, when it was being mailed.
    The whole system came about 2 weeks later!
    So I took it to an installer to get it put in - he had it for a day.
    When I went to pick it up the very first thing he said to me was Mike was so awesome to deal with and helped answer all his questions. He said everything fit perfectly and he had no issues. He loved the equipment especially the amp. The install is clean and no one other than someone that knows Ferraris could tell the speakers weren't stock.
    Well when I drove away and hit the expressway I was blown away! SOOOOO much louder and detailed. It actually had imaging! I started to crank it - Soundgarden and Anthrax and AC/DC. It was awesome! Almost too loud with the top down. Put the top up and I can really appreciate the clarity of the tweeters - they are aimed toward you and the sound is crisp and clear. Nice stereo imaging. The subs kick in to give it some low end punch, but not obnoxious.
    Final test was this weekend - took the wife out and played a few songs - she really liked it and said it sounded like the singer was in the car with us. And that was with the top down doing 60!
    Can't say enough good things about this stereo upgrade.
    Took my Ferrari experience from an 8 to a 9 (need to tackle the sticky buttons next to get it to a 10).
    So if anyone in Central Florida sees a grey 458 driving too fast with Gojira or Power Trip blasting away you can thank Scuderia Audio! Anyone who has a 458 should not hesitate to get this upgrade!!!

Regular Guy 01 and AD211 like this.
  2. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    I also have a Scuderia Audio setup in my 458 Italia. It is an excellent system and for the money there is nothing better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. triathgeek

triathgeek Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2010
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Sound great. What is the ball park cost of the system?

4. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Had his system in my 488, awaiting my F8 to install another. Amazing sound and easy install. Van Halen’s Eruption and Metallica’s Enter Sandman never sounded so good!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. Regular Guy 01

Regular Guy 01 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    Thanks for the first-hand experience write up.
    I always like seeing what other people's thoughts are regarding their purchases and dealings with companies.
    Far too often things are bought and installed on our cars and they never meet our expectations. Nice to know this was a winner in your eyes.
    The sound in my '14 spider needs work too. I have the higher end system from the factory like you did. Perhaps this is in my future too......

Thanks again,
    GG

6. Goatdave

Goatdave Rookie

Jun 4, 2016
    Clermont, Florida
    GG - you should consider it - you won't realize how lacking it is until it is improved. My Mercedes E350 had a great stereo. Then I got a 911 cab and it was meh at best. Then I got the 458 and it was even worse. Now? it rocks and I am sure I can annoy the neighbors properly now.

Triathgeek - Mike did me solid on pricing and I think all in with professional installation it was under $6K.
    I called a shop here for them to do a system - $15K plus 6 months wait for basically the same thing.