Battery dead, maybe, how to open the boot? | FerrariChat

Battery dead, maybe, how to open the boot?

Discussion in '360/430' started by ceb39, Jan 15, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ceb39

ceb39 Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2012
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    Chuck B
    Walked into the garage this morning. Car alarm is going BEEP - BEEP BEEP - BEEP - BEEP BEEP, ETC.
    Tried to start car without success. Voltage on battery tender is about 7 volts.

Situation now is - alarm light is flashing, slowly, and not as bright as usual. Red door light is on when door is open. Believe the F1 relay (in my car a 50 amp relay) is coming on and off, and producing a light click, click, noise all the time.

Car was in the shop two weeks ago, and I was able to drive it home, 40miles, with no problems. In the shop for F1 problem, which were fixed, and the car drove great, shifted better.

Thought I might need to turn the switch in the boot to turn the car off. Only problem in how. Low voltage does not let you actuate the boot switch so. Is there a way to get the get the boot open without that switch?

Car has never had a problem like this.

Any help, suggestions, or good guesses would be appreciated.

Thanks ceb39

2. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Pull cord under dash near steering column

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Red 27 likes this.
  3. raywong

raywong Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Raymond
    I had low battery many times, it made the tick tick tick sound when I tried to crank the engine. Don’t do that! it fried my ecu! The battery is under the glove compartment but the jump starting terminal is behind the left seat. I just connect the lithium booster there and it works like a champ.

4. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Has the battery gone down due to car not being used for a few weeks ? Do you have it connected to a charger ?
    Jump starting behind the seats is not a good idea as some people have damaged the electronics doing this, charge the battery in the car. Once you get below about 10.8 volts when the starter engages you are stuffed

5. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    No risk if you’re using a booster pack to jump. The issue comes when you’re using another running car.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Penzinger likes this.
  6. Jb-Slow

Jb-Slow Karting

May 11, 2020
    Let your tender charge it back up

7. Jeff Pintler

Jeff Pintler Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2005
    Richland
    Full Name:
    Jeff Pintler
    And be sure to close/latch the front trunk so the bus controller will go to sleep, usually takes 30 minutes. Plus I found a bad micro-switch on the frunk latch if you continue to have problems. The battery jumping connections are behind the seat, left panel on the floor. the positive is under a plastic cap and a large brass terminal on the sheet metal for neg. and follow all the precautions: connect the good battery, let it charge the car's battery for a ten minutes, start the car, carefully disconnect the jump cables.

Jeff .

8. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    I recently found myself with a "dead battery" on my 360. My battery tender has not been on the car for about a week as I was anticipating driving it "the next day". I put my battery tender back on and a day later it was still "red". Car would not start even 48 hours after reconnecting the battery tender. I pulled the passenger footrest and disconnected the battery from the car (I also turned off the master in the frunk). I recharged it using my battery charger and it started fine the next morning. I replugged the battery tender and it remained "red". Long story short, the battery tender was no longer working. Bought a new one and all is well.

Red 27, Qavion and EastMemphis like this.