DFW - Anyone from S Cal who moved to Dallas area? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

DFW Anyone from S Cal who moved to Dallas area?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by DiamondDog, Nov 9, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. J-P

J-P Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2007
    #26 J-P, Nov 23, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
    Sad, but true. We escaped from LA three years ago and I am already contemplating an exit strategy. Voting Texan does little good now, as the parasites overwhelm the system. I can say we booted the ****-bags from the school board, along with their CRT garbage, here in SL recently. A small, but critical victory.

When the kids are done with school, all bets are off.

To the OP, feel free to PM me if you want to chat. Happy to discuss our experience with the transition.

Texas Forever likes this.
  2. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    And made National news in the process! :D Voting Texan still counts.

Texas Forever likes this.
  3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    you in SL?

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    we make national news every few months. Taught me how much media distorts. we’re like Highland Park easy to target.

first was High School girls singing to YouTube/Apple Music rap lyrics repeating the N word.

Then a vocal very small minority pushing CRT. I had one of the opposition candidates to my house and even he wasn’t supporting CRT.

Then stupid District employee said there is an opposing view to the Holocaust, but Media made is sound like District wide policy.

Finally this lawsuit last week outside organization with maybe no citizens supporting talking about individual events of racism.

All cases media reports a beat down of Southlake, yet reality always truth comes out and no fire where the media says smoke.

Texas Forever and JLF like this.
  5. J-P

J-P Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2007
    Yes, Sir.

6. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Well......2 time loser Beto the dress wearing commy freak is gonna try again. That will be the final nail in the coffin.
    Maybe they’ll all leave California and we can move there and turn that place around. Santa Barbara would suit me fine.

7. MyBackHurts

MyBackHurts Rookie

Aug 11, 2021
    Currently live in DFW and previously have lived in Northern and Southern California.
    I'd echo many of the concerns of people in this thread about CA transplants bringing failed policies to TX...

However:
    "There's no zealot like a convert" is also true.
    From my perspective >95% of people are just followers who will parrot whatever the socially acceptable line is in the environment around them.
    Things like the school board referendum in Southlake are powerful motivators for introspection.

I personally think Texas has the greatest potential of any place on Earth right now to actually do what's right: look objectively at the results of various policy choices and take a firm and honest stance about what works and what doesn't. The current standard political stance here is an absolute dream for someone coming out of CA: personal liberty, respect for the law, a well trained and well respected police force and an overall feeling that Americans are amazing people who do awesome things. As it should be.

8. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Glad to have you aboard.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  9. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    I just moved to Houston from LA and we absolutely love it here. The only issue is that some Texans just dislike people coming from California. I have had several cases of people coming up to me and asking about my California plates and then proceeding to tell me that Texans don't like Californians. Even in this chat had an issue of someone saying "hope your intentions in Texas are good?"

Just wow.

10. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Re-read this thread. If you don't get the root of the sentiment, read it again. Pay attention to posts #10, #25, #26, and #32.

Welcome to Texas. Please remember where you are now, and remember where you're not.

JasonMiller and dinogt4guy like this.
  11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Don't be offended, just know there are things you don't know. I don't care if you have been life long Republican and have hunted and fished a little, you still don't ****ing understand Texas yet. Just keep your mouth shut and learn, it will take awhile to know and appreciate. Despite what you might hear, no we're not a bunch of redneck racists, but we aren't PC and what you see and hear is what it is.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    It’s NOT personal!

I’ve only been here 35+ years. When I got here Austin was a beacon. A place anybody would want to be. Great for a weekend jaunt, great for business, great place to live and raise a family. Then Dell happened. That led to a massive influx of tech which directly correlates to Silicon Valley. Those Californians saw a beautiful city with a significantly lower cost of living and they flooded there. They brought with them values we, as Texans, don’t share. But they overwhelmed the population and molded it in the manner to which they’d become accustomed. Austin is lost. Those of us that miss it resent what’s happened.

It’s now happening in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio and Fort Worth. Oh yeah, it’s going rural too. Somebody from CA bought a $1.5M lake house a few doors down from mine sight unseen a few months ago.

It’s not the people we don’t want, it’s the politics,

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Southlake wins the Lone Star Cup as honoring the best overall 6A athletic and academic program in Texas! Standings include Team Tennis, Cross Country, Marching Band, Military Marching Band, Volleyball, Robotics BEST, Football, Congress, Spirit, Swimming & Diving, Wrestling, Mariachi, Film, Basketball, Robotics FIRST, Soccer, Academics, One-Act Play, Theatrical Design, Track & Field, Golf, Tennis, Softball, and Baseball.

Image Unavailable, Please Login