812 Replacement Rumors | Page 22 | FerrariChat

812 Replacement Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Thecadster, Jun 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    They should have capacity on that V6 Line as well as they build the Maseratis' engines there as well.

2. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    and you can actually fit inside a ferrari V12 car AND have a clue what's going on around you.
    Aventador's are design to look 'nice' and spit flames. Not a driver's car.
    (yes I'm biased!)

JTSE30 likes this.
  3. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Don't we have the new "La ferrari' to be receleaed this year as well with an NA V12?

4. pk328

pk328 Karting

Oct 16, 2003
    Nottingham, UK
    Full Name:
    Paul
    We really are approaching the End of Days when it come to Ferrari. I need to pick up a 550 Maranello before their values become stratospheric!

Shack, Caeruleus11 and 9nb like this.
  5. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Very happy I'm getting the 812Competizione. By judging this thread you'll probably have to rip it from my cold dead hands if you want it ;-)

JTSE30, 008, italiafan and 2 others like this.
  6. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Yet BMW revealed this week that they will continue to invest in ICE for years to come; which is a rather odd statement reading the above. Especially since Audi confimred it will not invest anymore in new ICE tech. AND one that could and should give us some hope..... that EV's aren't going to the end all in the next 10 years or so.
    One can only hope....

JTSE30 and italiafan like this.
  7. BLUESL

BLUESL Karting

Mar 17, 2014
    London
    That's the SP3 recently announced isn't it?

8. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    No, there are still talks/rumours about a LaF replacement.

BLUESL likes this.
  9. BLUESL

BLUESL Karting

Mar 17, 2014
    London
    Yes, I am sure you're right. Now though, the F8 and the 812 have gone in the sense they can't be ordered any more and the cupboard is looking a bit bare. I think the SF90 has had its problems - rumours of endless updates - plus zero out of ten in terms of practicality. It will be interesting to see how the 296 fares. Ferrari certainly have their work cut out...

JTSE30 likes this.
  10. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    The Huracan replacement will compete and is expected to make about 900hp.

The Aventador replacement will be in the 1200 HP range.

Both will be hybrids.

11. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    what is source of this numbers? or this is just online rumor?

12. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Agree that Ferrari are certainly known to make the best V12’s in the world and also that the Aventador is incomparable to the 812 aside from the engine configuration. My question is whether Ferrari could approve the discontinuation of their NA V12 in a series car while knowing that Lambo does not plan to do so? It would be interesting to see how they explain (spin) such a decision to their customers and employees once they hear about the disappearance of their crown jewel.

My bet is that a new smaller displacement NA V12 with mild hybrid will eventually emerge from Maranello. I base this prediction on the above as well as the fact that other companies like BMW have developed technologies that keep ICE engines compliant. Obviously, all BMW engines are turbocharged so perhaps it will be a different story for an NA unit (a V12 no less), but I have faith in Ferrari engineers. Keep the faith

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/tech-zukunft/alternative-antriebe/interview-bmw-entwicklungsvorstand-weber/

“What's happening with the combustion engines?

One thing is certain for us: We will need the state-of-the-art internal combustion engine for a few more years to effectively reduce CO2 emissions in the passenger car sector globally. That's why we're working on a new generation of engines: gasoline, diesel, six-cylinder, eight-cylinder. These will then also be technologically equipped for the coming emissions standards. In the six-cylinder engine alone, we are reducing CO2 emissions more massively than ever before in a new generation. We are helped in this by the fact that legislation in this area is beginning to converge worldwide. To reconcile emissions requirements on the one hand and performance demands on the other, we looked at the entire charge change and found a promising approach there. This technology then runs through all engine families and is supplemented by a high-performance e-drive disc.

So, new from the ground up - or rather a major overhaul?

Nothing is really the same as it was before. There's something completely new in the cylinder head. And with it, we're going to up the ante in terms of efficiency. Because regardless of whether it's a combustion engine or an electric vehicle, reducing CO2 emissions across the board is crucial in the fight against climate change. Equally decisive is what the customer wants. And we have to meet their wishes and requirements accordingly.”

Caeruleus11, red passion and Gh21631 like this.
  13. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Not a rumor, I have some insight from good sources. I am already in line for AV replacement.

Thecadster, Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  14. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Aren’t 1200 hp a bit weak for buyers of this type of vehicle?:D

15. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I think you guys are glossing over @day355 comment that the F167 will likely be a NA V12, just one with hybrid assist.

16. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    This was my interpretation as well.

Caeruleus11 and italiafan like this.
  17. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    so next Aventador will have V12 NA ? and next Huracan will have turbo V8 from URUS?

18. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I think you’re confusing them with McLaren buyers :)

19. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    oh 1200 hp for aventador successor! i have read ,next laferrari will have 1200 hp

20. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    So this will be first ever Lambo hypercar :D

21. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    for German economy electrification is some way problem cuz you need much less people to build electric cars than combustion engine cars, I can't remember numbers but in Germany something like 40 to 100k factory workers could lose jobs

Caeruleus11, of2worlds and jpalmito like this.
  22. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    That would be a power increase of 50%.
    Not doubting your source, but it would be an insane power increase.
    And causing all sorts of major changes from chassis to gearing, brakes, everything.

23. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    no flames = no game

24. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    #549 JTSE30, Jan 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    Unfortunately, CO2 is not the only villain in that Euro 7 is addressing...their goalposts have moved on to "health":
    https://www.automotiveworld.com/news-releases/the-ongoing-battle-for-stricter-vehicle-emission-limits-in-europe/

(clip from above)
    In our analysis, we modeled potential Euro 7/VII standards that achieve an 80% reduction in NOx emissions for diesel engines, and 66% for gasoline engines cost-effectively. Our analysis showed there is a big gap in emissions between future standards (Euro 7/VII) and current standards (Euro 6/VI). By 2050, if we simply continue to roll out Euro 6/VI vehicles, NOx emissions will be four times higher than if we were to adopt Euro 7/VII standards. This emissions reduction would prevent more than 35,000 premature deaths in Europe, equivalent to avoiding 568,000 years of life lost, between 2027 and 2050 relative to if we didn’t roll out Euro 7/VII (see figure below). The global impact will be even greater when you consider that lots of countries follow Europe’s lead with these emission standards, including many countries across Asia and South America, as well as most members of the G20.

The Euro 7 regulation is appearing to be satisfied with no less than compete elimination of combustion engines from road car production...

and, Euro 7 is also coming to remove road cars in general, including full EV, again, for "health" reasons:
    https://www.europarl.europa.eu/doceo/document/E-9-2021-002194_EN.html

(clip from above)
    Non-exhaust emissions – primarily generated by the wearing down of brakes and tyres – have now replaced exhaust fumes as the main source of particulate matter emissions from road traffic. Therefore, the main source of particulate matter emissions from road traffic does not, as things stand, fall within the scope of Euro standards. However, technology exists which is able to significantly reduce non-exhaust emissions, particularly with regard to brake dust.

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  25. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    Euro 7 is for Europe, so Ferrari still can build petrol engines for rest of the world ...