San Diego TOMORROW Saturday, January 15 Cars & Coffee. | FerrariChat

San Diego TOMORROW Saturday, January 15 Cars & Coffee.

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by garybobileff, Jan 14, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. garybobileff

garybobileff Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 5, 2004
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Short notice everyone. We will be having a Cars & Coffee event at Bobileff Motorcar Company Saturday 1/15, we would love to have you join us. Non club members welcome.
    Please RSVP – [email protected]

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    San Diego Chapter
    Jan and Feb 2022 Schedule of events
    Contact Bobileff Motorcars to RSVP/register:

Bobileff Motorcars
    Gary Bobileff
    9219 Mira Este Ct
    San Diego CA 92126

[email protected]
    (858) 622-1600

Sat Jan 15th @ Bobileff Motorcars:
    Meet for cars and coffee from: 9:00am to 11:30am

Sat Feb 5th @ Bobileff Motorcars:
    Meet for cars and coffee from: 9:00am to 11:30am

************************************************************************************************
    Sat Feb 26th Drive & Lunch:
    San Diego & Coachella Valley Chapters
    Drive & Meet in Temecula

San Diego members meet at Bobileff Motorcars at
    9:00am for coffee and donuts then depart at 10:00AM for Temecula.

Meet at Ponte Vineyards for lunch with the guys from the
    Coachella Valley Chapter.
    San Diego guys drive to Julian then onto the Ponte Vineyards
    Coachella Valley members will meet at 9:00am at Ferrari Rancho
    Mirage and drive up highway 74 to Temecula for Lunch. Then after
    lunch at Ponte’s head back to Julian with the San Diego guys where
    they split off and the Coachella Guys head back to the desert via
    Salton Sea and Highway 86 to I-10 West.

*****************************************************************************

Bobileff Motorcars
    9219 Mira Este Ct
    San Diego CA 92126
    [email protected]
    (858) 622-1600

Ferrari of Rancho Mirage
    71441 State highway 111
    Rancho Mirage, CA 92270

Ponte Vineyard Inn
    35001 Rancho California Road, Temecula, CA 92591
    (951) 587-6688 | Toll Free: (888) 563-8885

****************************************************************************
    Ferrari Club of America-SW Region | 15021 Ventura Bl., Suite 747, Sherman Oaks, CA 91403

Unsubscribe [email protected]

Update Profile | About Constant Contact

Sent by [email protected] in collaboration with

Try email marketing for free today!

jc1 likes this.
  2. garybobileff

garybobileff Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 5, 2004
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    This is Saturday 7.45 AM, the roads are damp, occasional rain drops, no puddles, drive your every day car here today, this event is still on, indoors.
    Gary Bobileff

3. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Hey Gary, you didn't say it was gonna rain...when's the next one? I posted this on **********.com...
    JANUARY 19, 2022

- PERSONALITIES: GARY BOBILEFF OF BOBILEFF MOTORCAR COMPANY
    Personalities: Gary Bobileff of Bobileff Motorcar Company
    JANUARY 19, 2022

Now flash forward 40 years or so, and, after seeing him as a judge at many concours, I ran across him recently and he invited me to his new shop (Bobileff Motorcar Company) in the San Diego Miramar area.

It was a rainy day when I arrived and his planned Cars & Coffee was rained out but I got more chance to see what he was restoring. He started out by giving me chapter and verse on the Lamborghini Miura He is, to put it mildly the No. 1 champion of the Miura.

Of the 754 built, he reckons he has worked on or restored one-fourth of them–doing everything from repairing wrecks to building Pebble-eligible show cars.

He took me through what made it such an extraordinary car for its time. I was impressed that one shop could do a mechanical rebuild, frame repair, an engine rebuild, transmission rebuild and a blue paint job that is to die for. Gary is also the only American recognized by the Lamborghini Factory as being a Lamborghini expert, and the only American to be an official Lamborghini Factory Judge at Concours globally. Gary is also one of several Americans that certify classic Lamborghini’s for the Factory in Italy. (By the way I tried to ask him about the Detroit engineer who put a Chevy in one but Gary’s a purist, and didn’t like that idea at all).

He also has love for the early front engined GTV, 350 and 400 Lamborghinis. With his British metalmen/fabricators, a fellow who can live up to his nationality by forming metal on an English wheel, he is doing almost complete rebodies of cars that were rusted, hit or rode hard and put away wet 50 years ago.

Bobileff works on vintage and right up to modern Ferraris, but I would say his expertise is in carburetored V12s.

Only occasionally does he veer from working on the Holy Trinity–Ferrari, Lamborghini and Maserati. I asked him why he did such a complete ground up restoration on an Intermeccanica Italia when their value is not firmly established and he said it was for a customer and the car had been in the family 40 years and wanted it done right.

His shop goes back to 1979 and has moved three times, this last time into a custom built facility that includes a paint booth, a body shop, an engine building room and a mechanical dis-assembly area.

I was quite impressed with his new shop–especially by the office which has a desk that should be in a concours itself. The final touch it needed was an oil painting by yours truly, so I left one…)

I noticed his library is one of the most complete I’ve seen on Ferrari and Lamborghini. (I forgot to look if any of my books are represented…) He also has the latest magazines like one called Magneto which is a few levels above OCTANE in quality.

Maybe I’ll see him at the La Jolla concours, where his expertise in all three brands will no doubt be on call…Lamborghini is lucky to have him as their biggest fan in the United States.

THE AUTHOR: Wallace Wyss is a fine artist, depicting Lamborghinis in oil on canvas on commission. For a preview of prints write [email protected]