Clutch Replace service in my area? | FerrariChat

Clutch Replace service in my area?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Where's Maranello, Jan 17, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Where's Maranello

Dec 17, 2020
    Nor Cal
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I'm trying to find a shop, in my area, (North Bay area, East Bay to Sacramento) that can do a clutch chnage in a 360. I'm on a waiting list at Salerno but still far out. I called Patrick Ottis and they're 3 to 4 months out. UA-Tech was going to give me an estimate but multiple requests and no response.
    Any other places that no one knows about, that's reputable?
    Thanks.

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I was in the Ferrari business there for many years. There is a really good reason Patrick and Ben are that busy.

Brian Brown who comes here from time to time is in Marin but do not recall the shop. Is the only other good choice in that geographical area.

3. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    #3 BrettC, Jan 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    Ted Taormina at Taormina Motorsports is in San Carlos
    if that is close enough.

4. Where's Maranello

Dec 17, 2020
    Nor Cal
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I just looked up Brian and found out, he's at SF Motorsports, in San Rafeal. I just happen to call that place this morning and they are only two weeks out but over $2k more in price. I started doing the math in my head and if I go for two drives a month for 2 months quicker to get the car back, then it would cost me over $500 each drive. Not sure I want to spend that much for 4 drives. I think, you are out of the repair business? I found a post where "rifledriver" was the guy to go to but the post was quite old. But Thanks for the input.
    A friend, today, told me about a guy named Sutton that we called and he told me to send the vin # and he'd give me an estimate. He's either in Sac or Walnut Grove. (we were talking about two places and I forgot which was where). So, waiting to hear back. Also, Stewert's in Sac. I haven't called yet but will try tomorrow along with Taormina's. San Carlos is quite a drive but if it's a fair price and gets me back in the car a month or so earlier, well...
    Thanks for the feedback,
    Bob

5. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    You can get a table in Dennys right away. They may not overcook your chicken fried steak too bad. Or you can wait for a table at a good restaurant and get a perfect filet. .

6. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I just came to my senses and left California. Its great being back in the United States.

Ferrari55whoa, tonyc and Redneck Slim like this.
  7. Tifoso Ferrari

Tifoso Ferrari Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    Upper Volta
    Full Name:
    Gianni Cagate
    Tony at T&R can do it right the first time. Completed it on my 360 a while a go and never any issues. Numero Uno!

https://tandrauto.com/

8. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Not actually my experience. AND you drop the car off and promises 2 weeks and you will be lucky if it is 3 months.

9. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Tony is incredible. I've had my 360 for 16 years and have been to almost every Ferrari repair shop in the bay area. After what I've gone through, I'm scared to death to take my car anywhere other than T&R. One of Tony's trademarks is that if he says your car will be ready in X days, it will absolutely be ready in X days.

10. SFFerrari

SFFerrari Karting

Jul 21, 2013
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LanceD
    Also highly recommend Tony at T&R. He’s been working on my 360 since I had the good fortune of adding her to our garage in 2013.

EP328 likes this.