What other movies has the Mondial starred in? | FerrariChat

What other movies has the Mondial starred in?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by jkstevens2, Jan 17, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jkstevens2

jkstevens2 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2015
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    JK Stevens
    Thought this might be a fun post! Recently, my wife and I have been on a quest to watch movies that involve Italy, Greece and the general European flair. This last weekend we watched "Only You" a 1994 movie starring Morrisa Tomei, Robert Downey Jr. and Bonnie Hunt as they trek across Italy looking for Faith's Soul Mate. There was a particularly beautiful scene along the Amalfi Coast and Positano that included our beloved Ferrari Mondial. Fun to watch, amazing and the director even got the sound of the engine right! Not a sound stage reproduction. Needless to say, I watched it over and over. Have always wanted of drive my Mondial in Italy. Ahhh, the romance!

As a fun question......what other movies have you seen the Ferrari Mondial driven in? I am curious to know and I am always looking for a good movie referral.

2. DocBasilone

DocBasilone Karting

Apr 15, 2020
    NW PA
  3. 83Mondialqv

83Mondialqv Formula Junior

May 18, 2021
    New York
    Full Name:
    Vito L
  4. DHC

DHC Karting

Sep 28, 2021
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    David Cropper
    Vegas Vacation, rossa corsa one driven by Christie Brinkley.

5. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Weird Science! It's funny because when they show a shot of the dash/gauges while Anthony Michael Hall is driving it, it's actually the dash of a 308. Good times!

2cam

6. 83Mondialqv

83Mondialqv Formula Junior

May 18, 2021
    New York
    Full Name:
    Vito L
    Wasn’t that a 308?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. djs308

djs308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Madonna was a passenger in a 1983 QV Cab for her "Material Girl" video.
    There is also a 3.2 Cab appearing in the movie "The Hidden" from the late 80s. A couple of other Ferraris appear in that one, as well.

8. AndruL

AndruL Karting

Apr 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    AndruL

9. AndruL

AndruL Karting

Apr 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    AndruL
    Also, in a music video by a German Band in the early '80s, Modern Talking - Cheri Cheri Lady

10. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
  11. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Great thread, but the premise that the Mondial "starred" in anything is flawed.

Mondials never "starred" in anything

The Mondial is the 80's/90's equivalent of the current proposed Ferrari SUV that people hate but the other half of the world will eat voraciously.

12. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    #13 spicedriver, Jan 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    Ouch !

We know what the OP meant. And I wouldn't compare the Mondial to an SUV (were you kidding ?)

An issue of Autocar compared the Mondial to the 911. Although the 911 was a little cheaper brand new. Recall there was a time when everyone hated the Dino. I think it's fair to say the Dinos got their revenge.

"The Hidden" was a fun movie. Great review here by "Angry Orange Cat Productions".

davem likes this.
  13. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I would argue this is true, just like the other 2+2s, like say the FF/GT4C Lusso.

Can't please them all!

14. jkstevens2

Aug 25, 2015
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    JK Stevens
    When I wrote the post I knew some would take it out of context. It was a light hearted title for heaven's sake. I know the Mondial is not the star of the show, star in the movie or video. I know its not the star of the Ferrari line-up. But it is "the star of the show" to my fellow Mondial owners. We see the Mondial in a movie and it makes us smile. It makes us want to watch the movie over and over. It makes us want to drive our Mondial. We are just having fun over here! There is no need to hate on the Mondial. She's still a cool car!

15. 76Steel

76Steel Formula 3

Sep 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Those movies were partly responsible as to why I own a 308 and a Mondial cab!

jkstevens2 likes this.
  16. jkstevens2

Aug 25, 2015
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    JK Stevens
    Ferrari 308 in National Lampoons Family Vacation with Christy Brinkley

Ferrari Mondial in Vegas Vacation with Christy Brinkley

17. DHC

DHC Karting

Sep 28, 2021
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    David Cropper
    I think we mondial owners are a different breed. We root for the underdog and love things that others do not. We take care of our fellow mondial owners like a brother. Thanks fellow mondial owners!

76Steel and jkstevens2 like this.