456 price trends | Page 7 | FerrariChat

456 price trends

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by ross, Jan 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bigdino

Bigdino Rookie

Dec 14, 2021
    California
    Full Name:
    ER
    Thats what the experts said about the Dino Fiat ( I had 3) - they used to trade hands at 12k, the 308GT4 (could buy a beauty in the 20’s- I bought a 1975 and 1978) that everyone hated and now many love which sells 70-100k, the worst year porsches air cooled 2.7 motor, etc.,all. I feel these cars will appreciat RT appreciate. Many aficionados love the rear end. First commercial carbon F panel on the “M”, last Ferrari with pop up headlamps, beautiful front engine V12 w proven longevity, modern, comfortable and plenty of power…. A hidden gem..

Natan Tazelaar and Mirek like this.
  2. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I wouldn’t mind a GTA car; if anyone knows a car let me know! I don’t care if it was transmission issues….

3. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    My 2003M GTA cost me +/-$85k, but is was EXACTLY what we wanted and had only 19k miles so we jumped on it. It had about $40k worth of receipts that came with it, I sunk another $20-$25k into it (Major service, Electrical, Paint Correction/Ceramic, Fuel Tank Rubber, broken interior bits like the ashtrays, etc…) to get it cherry.

I figure there are other sorted “cherry” cars out there like mine that will NEVER be for sale at the current prices you see for 456 models. They only built 3,000 of them, which is a very low number vs any other road going Ferrari built after say 1980. Plus these V12 keepers are the only game in town (maybe a 612)— if you have a little munchkin !

The Tonkin car sold for $160k up at Monterey and it needed interior work and with such low miles it basically needs a complete restoration, the radiator is probably rotted out, the rubber in the fuel tank is now goop, etc…

4. Bigdino

Bigdino Rookie

Dec 14, 2021
    California
    Full Name:
    ER
    Ron’s car says it was treated to a comprehensive service. Not sure how you may think the radiator may be rotted out and would assume it may need full restoration ?

Didn’t it sell for the 179k?

The price bought sounds kind of insane to me. I would hope and think that the individual who acquired it is astute enough to have had a thorough and detailed check out prior to making such a purchase.

If an excellent condition fully serviced was worth that value in Aug 2021 than 10k miles would be 150, 15k miles 135, 20k miles 120, 25k miles 105k,
    30k miles 90k. Maybe ???
    Reduce 10% for non manual..

Then again Monterey sales are often hyper inflated..

I am very happy w my 2000 in excellent condition w 29,000 miles acquired for 46k…

Auraraptor likes this.
  5. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    You murdered it for $46k at 29kmi. Well done. #Jealous

Auraraptor and Mirek like this.
  6. tantumaude

tantumaude Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2016
    Burlington, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mat

Well done. Two points on which I differ--I think the spread between manual and auto is much bigger though, I'd say 40% or so. Also, the vast majority of buyers for these aren't after ultra-low mileage. I bought mine with 9k kms on it, and I don't think it would command 50% more than one with 40k kms.

7. Bigdino

Bigdino Rookie

Dec 14, 2021
    California
    Full Name:
    ER
    This being the first out of several Ferrari I have owned that is a non stick, I still enjoy as is. Funny, used to always want a stick on every car, yet now a days have mix of tip, auto, manual, etc. Today was out in my Lancia Monte manual and enjoyed it as much as anything.. I personally wouldn’t pay 40% more for the manual version on this car but totally respect those that do….
    Either way $170k+ for low mileage and stick is a high bar. If clean manuals will go to an a weave value of 140k and non to 100k well that itself would be nice…. Happy Motoring !

tantumaude likes this.
  8. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I love the Monte! It’s like a mini 308GT4

9. Bigdino

Bigdino Rookie

Dec 14, 2021
    California
    Full Name:
    ER
  10. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I love those. My BFF Elmo had one when I had my X1/9. Pure class and pure sex. Really a unique ride. You can't capture the experience in anything else, just like the X1/9.

11. Bigdino

Bigdino Rookie

Dec 14, 2021
    California
    Full Name:
    ER
    Ron Tonkin 456 sold this past August in Monterey. Are you saying it is incorrect his car sold for “well north of 100k”?
    Being that I always wanted manuals, yet now I have manuals, tips and autos and being that after all my experiences I acquired a non manual 456, I feel there are more of me out there. In addition….the newer and future generations of collectors, many may not want to bother w/ manuals….
    Many cars after 20 years old are selling well over their MSRP. The 456 has relatively high MSRP and yet even at much higher valuations it will remain well below the cost of a new Ferrari and has a lot going for it. Many models that once were disliked v6 and v8 are now in demand….
    I never buy for future appreciation, yet always made money on resales. I don’t see how this model will be any different. As these age so will the other older Ferraris….

12. yudkib

yudkib Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2020
    As a potential buyer for a 456, I totally disagree that there is only a nominal premium for mileage. The lines are getting blurry because there were fewer cars for sale in all of 2021 than any given Wednesday in 2019, but right now I would put a 10k mile GT at about $120k depreciating a little over $1/mi, and a 10k MGT at about $160k depreciating $1.25/mi, right up until about 60kmi, at which point you’re buying the maintenance and not the mileage.

13. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    DrDweeb likes this.
  14. Bigdino

Bigdino Rookie

Dec 14, 2021
    California
    Full Name:
    ER
    $74,000 plus fees + $3,700 fees = 77,700 + sales tax … plus needed cam belt service …. :)

great sale

paulchua likes this.
  15. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    Wow. I was following this one on BaT..... great result for us 456 owners :)

paulchua likes this.
  16. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    And now there is another Blue 1995 456 GT just up on BaT..... 31k miles... has a full complement of luggage, tools, keys, etc.......buckle up!

paulchua likes this.
  17. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Great result for 456s.

paulchua likes this.
  18. Aerosurfer

Aerosurfer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Yep.... glad i put my toes in the water when i did! Exciting times

paulchua likes this.
  19. yudkib

yudkib Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2020
    I thought the price on the GTA was about market. He definitely isn't the only low-mileage 456 owner who let the belt service go a little over the recommended time interval. The GT I might be buying plane tickets. What do you think the TMU has on value? I think totally clean that car brings close to 100 with the mileage and color pairing, but with some of the little gremlins I'm having a tough time pegging a guess.

20. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    killer58, paulchua and yudkib like this.
  21. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    which is sad

paulchua likes this.
  22. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    The "6" marker is confused!

paulchua likes this.
  23. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    It was all about this watch, in fact, I was bidding purely to get this timeless work of art. Whoever got it - truly a lucky person.

Auraraptor likes this.
  24. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    The reason is the watch had a scratch...

:(

ttforcefed and Auraraptor like this.
  25. Bigdino

Bigdino Rookie

Dec 14, 2021
    California
    Full Name:
    ER
    You know I collect cars… and yes,watches and have “legit Ferrari watches”…..

Not only is that watch not my style and I feel not “any of yours style”, yet I have never seen a Ferrari watch like that EVER. I have seen many exclusive / rare watches and good fakes in Hong Kong. This watch does not look legit. Does it look like real gold to you guys ? Swiss made ? Mfg?
    My Ferrari and Indy watches don’t resemble that watch “ at all”. I think/hope the seller of the nice 456 was joking about it….. :). Maybe nice topic would be for 456 owners - what watch are they wearing when driving their 456. :). Photo watch on steering wheel.. happy motoring

paulchua likes this.