Corso this weekend? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Corso this weekend?

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by DefunctNeurons, Jun 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    That's more like it! Mille grazie!

2. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

We heard it was going to be special! Someone knew but wouldn’t tell.

3. DL4567

DL4567 Karting

Nov 25, 2004
    Atlanta
    Haha no worries, documentation is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

4. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    you are more than welcome to come to any CORSO event -as its not FCA only. but I do recommend joining the club. pvt me your email I'll add you to my list.

430jm likes this.
  5. 430jm

430jm Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2017
    Atlanta
    Tom, what email address to advise National of this mess? Thanks

6. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Jim Meek is the President - log on to your FCA account and you can send him a note from there. I'll pm you his email I have - don't want to make that public for obvious reasons.

430jm likes this.
  7. DL4567

DL4567 Karting

Nov 25, 2004
    Atlanta
    #32 DL4567, Jan 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    Just stumbled upon this by accident, buried deep in a Facebook group. The info is from 12 days ago. Did I miss an email? Thought I was on the list, but my last one received about Corso is from October.

This one's actually in my neck of the woods, so I'm very interested.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Yes, I recall receiving this via email recently. My car will still be cold when I get there, only a 5 mile drive!!

9. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    So here is the deal. Cody Laird is the Ga. Chapter FCA president, and he's taken over the reins of CORSO..... Since Buckhead has become un workable - security and finding a place that will host ... we've been looking for a new location that is a bit safer ( or at least perceived as safer) so Cody has been in contact with the folks at Gateway - who have this car show and we're going to use this .... coffee etc.. will be there so hoping it works out.

I think we are using the FCA approved list and using it through the new communication system. If you were on my CORSO list from the past and NOT a Club member you may not be getting the invites... but Please watch this space.

I'm still going to help out and may come up with an event as well, but I want to support Cody as much as possible. So I hope to see ya'll out there!!!!

430jm likes this.
  10. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Remember the events we used to have monthly at Lenox Square (and sometimes at one of the nearby hotels)? Those were very enjoyable. Meanwhile, the C&O folks tell me that Caffeine & Exotics will return later in the year.

As for 1/29, unfortunately I have a prior commitment and will be unable to make it.

11. DL4567

DL4567 Karting

Nov 25, 2004
    Atlanta
    Thanks for the reply. It all makes sense.

I fall into the "was on your Corso email list but am NOT a club member" category. I just re-read the various posts above about the upcoming message system for FCA members, so if you guys just rolled that out, then that explains everything. Even though membership isn't "required" for Corso, I guess it still makes it easier to be kept in the loop.

All that said, wow, the weather is looking really cold and windy for tomorrow. Might not be a great turnout for the first event at Gateway, but hopefully there will be more in the future. I would come for sure.

12. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Wind chills for the three hours listed above will range from 12 to 19 degrees! Wear plenty of layers, and take advantage of the residual warmth from your cars' engines!

13. kidryno

kidryno Karting

Dec 22, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Did anyone brave the cold and attend this? Been looking for a good cars & coffee event in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

14. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I was there, and it was great. we had about 7-8 Ferrari's show up, the nice thing about Gateway is it was inside -so you were not really outside that long.

15. DHC

DHC Karting

Sep 28, 2021
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    David Cropper
    Hi everyone, Just bought a 1987 Mondial 3.2 in December (2021), so new to the Ferrari club(s) in Atlanta. I live in Snellville. How to get more information?

16. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I think the best advice is: watch this forum!

17. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Congratulations on the purchase!

my advice is join the Ferrari Club of America - and then you are added to the distribution list for events. We try to post here as well for non member events.

we have a great core group in Atlanta with all ages of cars, so please come out and meet other members. The Gateway show - the last Saturday of every month is the new "corso" at least for now.

Do you have a coupe or Convertible Mondial?

18. DL4567

DL4567 Karting

Nov 25, 2004
    Atlanta
    How's Gateway looking for this Saturday morning? Anyone going?

19. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

I plan on being there.

20. DefunctNeurons

DefunctNeurons Formula Junior

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    I think I can finally make a post-covid event What’s the times for it? I don’t see anything on their website.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

21. DL4567

DL4567 Karting

Nov 25, 2004
    Atlanta
    It's from 9:00-12:00. I know the early birds (not me) get there around 8:30 for the good spaces, and by 11:00 the party's starting to fizzle.
    For those that have been to this version of Corso, do they treat it like a group thing and park them together? Or just mix in wherever...

22. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Everyone parks where they like mostly, first come first serve parking spots depending upon when you arrive.

23. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I would still prefer a Ferrari-only gathering, and one closer to town.

24. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
  25. DefunctNeurons

DefunctNeurons Formula Junior

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name: