20mm Vacuum Hose | Page 2 | FerrariChat

20mm Vacuum Hose

Discussion in '308/328' started by Sigmacars, Jan 14, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Newco products or Italian Car Parts

RodC328gts likes this.
  2. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    #27 moysiuan, Jan 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    I took apart the AV7 it has a rubber diaphragm in there. No wonder they fail. There is a metal sheild like structure that the exhaust gases would deflect off of. I think the Delco is similar, but have not taken one apart to find out. But visually inside it looks like the same design.

3. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
  4. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Here is the inside of a Standard AV7. If you look inisde each end of the Delco, it looks like it is of the similar design.

The Delco does have the correct 3/4 inch hose connection, the AV7 is 5/8 inch. So regardless of the internals the Delco is the correct fit.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    That Amazon price (and Amazon often ;)) sucks! Autozone, Advance Auto Parts, etc. (i.e., regular US Auto Parts Stores) have GM 214-1045 for about 1/2 that price.

moysiuan likes this.
  6. RodC328gts

RodC328gts Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2021
    Mexico
    Full Name:
    Rod C
    thank you. I just noticed you mention this in a previous post, which somehow I didn't read

7. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    Rifledriver, do you consider the "T" to be a regular service item or should one do preventive replacement?

8. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Just received the Italian Car Parts 22mm hose. It looks good, pretty much like the OEM Saig hose but with no logos on it. It does however have a glossy clearcoat stripe on one side, with a faint remnant of a logo that has been removed. I am pretty sure this is the Parker logo, that would be the same as on the hose offered by Newco Products.

The Newco product does indicate on line you can remove the logo, not sure how one would actually do that, does not concern me so I have not asked, but for those wanting a concours hose one would probably do that. The ICP hose has the logo removed already.

The Newco offers the hose by the meter, whereas ICP is sold by the foot. ICP price is higher, but for less than a meter more economical.

These are expensive hoses either way. But I am just happy there are these boutique suppliers, so spreading my parts business around seems like a fair thing to do.

It is tempting to go much more economical with aeroquip or other more readily available hoses. Function is the main goal.

But my car is so well maintained and near original on so many aspects, that I feel I am being a good custodian of an artwork. Since I do my own work paying for premium parts keeping the car close to original works for me.

For those who have local suppliers of Continenal and Parker suppliers, you can probably source cheaper, but maybe not in the small hose lengths we need.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

308 milano likes this.
  9. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Not to speak for Rifledriver, but the need to change these hoses is very infrequent, and many cars still have original hoses. So the t only needs replacing if it is rotted, if it has been replaced once before with plastic, or some other choice, it will likely be ok. My hoses were original, and still in better shape than I would expect, so no wonder why many are still original.

As Rifledriver noted, it is the exhaust check valves which should be viewed as a more regular service item.

Just weighing in, as I am actually doing the hose replacements real time, and addressing other casual restoration of bits and pieces while doing this, as I am contributing to this thread.

Saabguy likes this.