Condos in Florida: who knows about 'em? | FerrariChat

Condos in Florida: who knows about 'em?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by JimSchad, Mar 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

Somebody on here sent me to a website for florida condos about 9 months ago. Don't remember who it was or the web site. It had an artist's rendition of the place. All glass I think, kind of emerald greenish and maybe 15 stories tall facing the water. Wasn't in Miami, was more towards Tallahassee in the panhandle of the state.

Looking for new developments to get in a preconstruction buy for "cheap".

Any leads are appreciated.

2. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Go to Realtor.com - a great site to do some research to narrow down your area... The hot areas right now in Florida IMHO are Jupiter/Jupiter Isle... North of Miami around the Boca area (another good area). Still can get in for decent prices and you are still south for year around heat.

Siesta Key (Sarrasota is also a great area)...

If you want more community type for more fishing, non resort/commercial - you can always look in the Keys (Marathon - Key Colony Beach) Duck Key (Very Upscale), Long Bow key, etc....

Hope that helps -

Rich

3. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

Thanks for the tips, all good points. Sarasota! That is the area I was thinking of...I think.

I can search on realtor.com, but I am looking for "insider" info/opinions as they all seem the same to me. I don't know about the invisible lines people won't cross in the area.

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Buying a condo here in Dallas was the best thing I ever did. Instead of paying $600-800 a month for an apartment and having to switch every 6 months or pay the higher rent I bought a condo early 1998. It was a two bedroom/two bathroom 1150 sq. ft. in Addison. Mortgage was only $700 a month. I rented the other bedroom to a friend for $450 a month. I sold it 2002 for a $22k profit. Heck of a lot better than my stocks did in that period. ;)

5. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Jim,

My parents have a humble home on Longboat Key. If you have the means, i can highly recommend it :)

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

6. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler

Long Boat Key is nice, but Siesta Key is more my style. Siesta property is a good investment. There has been quite a run-up but I think there is still lots of room.

7. Kurt RSF

Kurt RSF Karting

Dec 27, 2003
    Rancho Santa Fe, CA
    I bought a condo about 6 months ago in Clearwater on Sand Key. I searched property on realtor.com, and then went out and looked at properties several times with a realtor.

Waterfront is the key in the area where I bought. Everything has gone up in price in the last 4 years, but waterfront seems to have doubled. I should have bought back then, but I was disciplined to pay off another mortgage first.

Our unit is in a newer building, 17th floor direct gulf and coastline view, right on the beach, 2500 square feet. We really like it.

8. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Jim, I think that was Frank Parker you are referring too.