#$%^&, i twisted off my side mirror control knob from my 612 %^&*($%^& | FerrariChat

#$%^&, i twisted off my side mirror control knob from my 612 %^&*($%^&

Discussion in '612/599' started by johns930, Mar 25, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    anybody have the part number or where to get it cheap?? hello Taz??
    thanks a whole bunch!

with 12k miles and less than 4 years,
    this is the first time that trim pieces fall off or get broken by me, im surprised on how fragile that knob is, im usually really gentle and careful not to scratch up my interior and the sticky-prone pieces.
    the old 430 press buttons to adjust mirrors are much better in this regard.

now i can super glue it back first because i dont adjust them now because i saved them already in the seat memories.
    but seriously wtf.
    ok end rant.

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
  3. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    #$%^&*()(*&^%$#@#$%^&*(!!!
    damn!! guess superglue will do for now.
    thanks taz, ur always a a big help!

4. Melanzane

Melanzane Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    Florida
    Had exact same thing happen - purchased replacement from Ricambi.

However, take out the panel and see if you can fix the stem where the knob connects. It might simply be a snapped piece of plastic that can be repaired. The mechanism is not very intricate.

Good luck.

5. YAMVS6

YAMVS6 Karting

Jan 26, 2011
    ohio
    its the same switch as maserati QP,only it will be black,but functions the same electricaly,regards

6. masernegro

masernegro Karting

Oct 4, 2004
    yamvs6 any idea on price? Curious to see the $ difference.

7. bay

bay Formula 3

Mar 13, 2011
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bernard
    It is possible to replace only the control of the mirrors, by the reference Maserati 190934 , it is to be checked ?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

brogenville likes this.
  8. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

9. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

10. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Daniel- Muc better deal.

George Vosburgh likes this.
  11. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
  12. bay

bay Formula 3

Mar 13, 2011
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bernard
    I'm trying to remove the panel complete 191966 on my 612 , what are the precautions to take ?

13. Anthony James

Anthony James Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2012
    Essex
    This is the rear view of your light switch assembly. I just replaced mine and will sell this one later. I used a wide blade flat head screw driver and a piece of hard plastic to protect the leather, and preyed it from the bottom center. Hope this helps you.

Attached Files:

bay likes this.
  14. 180 Out

180 Out Formula 3

Jan 4, 2012
    San Leandro, CA
    Full Name:
    Bill Henley
    I guess I was a bit rash when the shaft on my mirror switch broke and I spent only a few minutes to source a replacement. Specifically I bought the headlight/rearview mirror combo from Scuderia, $842.50 + $60.08 tax + $11.68 shipping + $28.74 "delivery fee" = $943.00. Somebody's got to pay retail!

15. bay

bay Formula 3

Mar 13, 2011
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bernard
    Ordered Mirror Switch # 319552 , 165,36 € + tax

16. 180 Out

180 Out Formula 3

Jan 4, 2012
    San Leandro, CA
    Full Name:
    Bill Henley
    My "PLATE FOR LIGHTS AND REARVIEW SWITCHES" (pn 191966) arrived from Scuderia. Although I could have got away with removing the mirror toggle switch from the new plate and swapping it onto my existing plate, in place of the OE unit with the broken shaft, I chose to swap in the entire plate.

One thing I noticed is that the new plate has the dreaded rubbery sticky-to-be coating, while my takeoff part has a hard surface.The takeoff part also has the lettering for the headlight switch printed onto a sticker, while the replacement part has the lettering printed onto the rubbery coating itself. This suggests that my '05 has received sticky repairs at some point. The repair appears to have been partial. The rings on the HVAC vents, the plate for the HVAC controls, and the aforementioned headlight/rearview mirror plate are made of non-sticky material, while the steering wheel buttons and the trunk and fuel door buttons are on the sticky side. I wonder how common this is, that the big pieces get the sticky repair treatment while the small, hard to remove ones do not.

I have a sticky-related question: The door for the CD storage compartments in my car has a hard non-sticky surface. Was it this way from the factory, or has this door also been replaced? View attachment 3307169

Attached Files:

17. bay

bay Formula 3

Mar 13, 2011
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bernard
  18. rynoshark

rynoshark Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    My switch is broke as well :(. I'm going to try gluing it back on first since I want it to be the correct silver knob for my year 612. It looks like you have to buy the entire assembly to get that silver knob...otherwise, I'd buy @bay's suggestion which is great for those who just want to have a working switch again.