458 - Highest priced 458 Italia | Page 2 | FerrariChat

458 Highest priced 458 Italia

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Jason B, Jan 14, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I just don't get what's the fun in that.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Sargepug, fazooley, Napoli and 2 others like this.
  2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Not any

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  3. Bad Boys 1

Bad Boys 1 Karting

Mar 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Michael M
    Not the first time I've heard that comment.

I just enjoy my Lambo Huracan and Turbo S more.

waiting on resolution of braking issues , then making a decision on keeping or selling.
    really not trying to preserve anything, probably one of the nicest looking cars I own.
    But don't trust it.....so it sits.

hagen111 likes this.
  4. Bad Boys 1

Bad Boys 1 Karting

Mar 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Michael M
    I don't hang on the value and miles thing.

Different strokes I guess. Saw a comment about low miles and price and threw in my 2 cents.

If I listed it would be for much more and if it went ..fine. If not and they resolve brake issues, I'll use it.

hagen111 likes this.
  5. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    John Keezer REMEMBER there are only around 5,000 458’s total in the USA. Way lower than many have thought. Then think about all the ones that were wrecked and totaled. I don’t see the value is going down as low as everyone thinks

xfrgtr and 430jm like this.
  6. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Only? That's quite a few when it comes to kne exotic model. It's a higher number than 812 GTS cars produced world wide. Wonder how many F8's and F430's are in the US.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  7. 430jm

430jm Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2017
    Atlanta
    Plenty of 430s. And the F8 is 200 k more.

8. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    surprisingly few F8’s delivered by my local dealer…..the cars are just trickling out of Italy sooooo slowly. I really can’t see them filling all the back orders before the 296 replaces it on the line, but we shall see.

9. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I meant how many were in the US total. Not price or how many was for sale.

10. hagen111

hagen111 Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    2015 and 2k miles, last NA and Pininfarina design. This is THE 458 to buy if money is no obstacle.

I LOVE fresh low miles cars…and with more than one in the garage…not a lot of miles are added to each.

I fully get this.

willcrook likes this.
  11. 430jm

430jm Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2017
    Atlanta
    Not sure, but as I recall they sold a bunch here.

12. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Nothing special about the 458 prices here in Sweden, and not in Europe as Il Co-Pilota stated.

What prices are announced for is far from the reality what they are being sold for in the end (at least here in Europe) so people should keep that in mind before thinking they hit the jack-pot with their exotic car ownership.

As a 458 owner I could not care less anyway, if I wanted to do an investment for the price I paid (this is my second 458) I would have put that money elsewhere off course and done much better. There are a lot of 458s, no idea what's going on in US though. Just drive the damn things :cool:

Having said that my Superleggera 570-4 have increased tremendously in value over just 8 months (got hard offers 2 times --> aprox. 50 000 EUR more that I paid) but there is really no substitute to it and I am even leaving the 458 sitting most of the time (on the damn battery charger off course) as I prefer the raw unpolished and loud nature of the Leggera for my spirited drives or track-days :D

13. Loxo

Loxo Rookie

Jul 7, 2021
    How different are selling and asking price in Europe on an average supercar, in your option?

14. 458Piloti

458Piloti Karting

Dec 4, 2019
    Newport Beach, CA
    A lot of inventory out there , I don’t think these prices will last, but also don’t think they will tank

15. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    I have many family ties in Europe and was coincidentally just on the phone last night w/ my cousin in Palermo. Before COVID, as a family just about every summer, we always visited the family either in Rome or Palermo and then hopped over to another country or two before returning to NYC. I've been doing this since '97...
    The automobile mentality is totally different between Europe and the states. Don't forget that American's have a huge obsession w/ a large NA V8 and that's always been additionally "fueled" literally, but the cost of petrol in out country vs Europe / Scandinavia. Petrol prices were always close to double, no matter what year I went. Hence all the small cars w/ typically 4 cylinder and 6 typically as the max, the vast amount of manual transmissions and diesel options for certain models, that are not even offered here. This is where the difference lies between our nations and the skyrocketing US market for the 458, is a perfect example of that.

PS: Where are you in Sweden? I have a cousin-in-law from Vannas...

16. hagen111

hagen111 Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    Prices are high in EU for top quality 458's. Try finding a 2013 or later 458 with under 20k kms. Cheapest ones on Autoscout24 you will find start way into the 200k's with median around 230-250k euros - which equals 260-285k USD.

I know, because I bought into the 458 market 2 months ago.

17. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
  18. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    cars will be first to go.

(I know, it's a rhetorical question, lol).

19. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
  20. todd cloud

todd cloud Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Todd
    You are looking at alcantara, not leather.
    Are you not the person that dropped their phone in the engine bay of a 458?
    Perhaps you should read more and post less

VelocityTexas likes this.
  21. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    For the highest-priced Italia in the USA, I would expect all services to be up to date. Note the maintenance required wrench icon on picture # 53.

Loxo and todd cloud like this.
  22. Bigfisher89

Bigfisher89 Karting

May 24, 2017
    I have been following the market on the 458's for about 4 years now. I was waiting for the price trend to start going up before I jumped in. I bought my 7,200 mile 458 spider in Apr. '21 for $220K. Love the recent appreciation of these cars but not surprised at all. Will the prices drop? Most certainly when the stock market finally corrects (long over due due to Fed. and their stupidity and politics). However I anticipate when they do drop they won't stay down for too long and then start to rise again. This model has too much "it" factor to not keep appreciating.

23. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    Totally agree w/ the political factor on the economy, this country is enduring the most horrendous President VP and administration of all time. However, why do you say they will drop when market recovers? IMO, people aren't buying up 458s now, because they currently can't afford an F8, it's because of the "it" factor you mention. One of the biggest things, is that it's the last NA V8 Ferrari. That really opened peoples eyes by the time the F8 was released w/ a "Purdue Butterball" sized motor. Not bashing the F8, it's an amazing machine, but "size matters" here. lol If market rises, then people will have more money to snatch up high priced 458s and that will continue to drive them up.

430jm, SD455TA, Loxo and 1 other person like this.
  24. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    This car is still available, so I had to look at this worn issue...

here are the pictures I found:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

I cannot identify the wear you are finding, can you help explain what you found and what to look for?

thanks