Beware of Cavallino 2022 changes and Canossa | Page 20 | FerrariChat

Beware of Cavallino 2022 changes and Canossa

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by garybobileff, Jan 12, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    My perfect complete set of Cavallino have just plummeted in value!!!

1monza, TTR and Jack-the-lad like this.
  2. MarkL

MarkL Karting
    Owner

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Rob ,
    I disagree.
    This all smells like part of a plan to control the Ferrari product cradle to grave. I had a front row seat while They took control of the Historic Challenge and took it from great to gone. They see weakness in the old guard and are forcing their way in. Profits need to be cultivated regardless the cost… New “Ferrari” owners don’t understand what is lost. They are trilled to be allowed a new Ferrari. I am thankful to have been able to spend time with people like Jack Thomas, Jim Fuchs, David Siebert, Wayne Obry and Marcel Massini. My Ferrari world was small but dense.

This is a conspiracy and it pisses me off.

showme1946, Bryanp, Lusso123 and 12 others like this.
  3. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    We used to have good times together
    But now I feel them slip away
    It makes me cry to see love die
    So sad to watch good love go bad

4. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
  5. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    I have this vision of Jim G sat in one of those circular chairs, on an island fortress, stroking a white persian ***** cat and laughing out loud as he gets his revenge on all the detractors of his "0846" having now bought up all the shares in Motorsport networks!

Watch out Rob, you are next! :p

mcimino likes this.
  6. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
  7. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    No.

Texas Forever likes this.
  8. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    As stated here a bit earlier that (the one at The Breakers in Palm Beach this weekend) is not a normal 275 GTB. It rather is a Pininfarina special built for Battista Pininfarina. S/N 06437. Aqua Verde Metallizzato, an Alfa Romeo color.

The green 275 GTB owned by fchatter Malcolm Barksdale is S/N 08545 and is Verde Medio, a totally different color, and that car is not at Cavallino at the moment.

Marcel Massini

Texas Forever and of2worlds like this.
  9. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Or perhaps they don't want it to fail and are unhappy because it is the only outcome of this debacle.

Thomas S., Bryanp, Lusso123 and 4 others like this.
  10. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    did Battista personally dictate the special features such as changing the 275 style steering wheel to a 250 style wheel, etc? or was it presented to him already finished?

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    you didn’t read my post correctly then, please be more careful before making blanket statements. all I know about is JustRed because I am involved in that product and Michael got it completely wrong. What else he got wrong I don’t know.

12. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Specially done BY Mr. Pininfarina. He owned it from 3 March 1965 until 11 January 1966.

Marcel Massini

13. robf91

robf91 Rookie

Nov 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    robert F
    crinoid and Texas Forever like this.
  14. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The 06437 build was the Pininfarina 275 GTB prototype built by Battista Pininfarina and his company. The Lusso seats and many other details were of his choosing. The seating position is for someone five foot seven. Power windows were another unique detail plus extra gauges and different controls locations. The engine was the 275 3.3 liter Ferrari effort that went into later production cars to. You could write a book about all the unique details of this 275 GTB model.

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    images courtesy of Marcel Massini
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    detail of the power windows controls

showme1946, JLopez, Lusso123 and 4 others like this.
  15. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Thanks for posting these wonderful photos!

16. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    I just checked Marcel, you are correct-08545 is in the garage. 06437 is gorgeous with many interesting details, I saw it at Goodings.Malcolm

JSinNOLA, donv, Texas Forever and 2 others like this.
  17. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Relieved indeed.

Marcel Massini

Lusso123, Texas Forever and of2worlds like this.
  18. garybobileff

garybobileff Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 5, 2004
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Also notice the absence of a vent window on the left hand side only, really great !
    Gary Bobileff

Terra and of2worlds like this.
  19. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    From what Dave Siebert told me before he died, Ferrari killed the Historic Challenge.

HotShoe, MarkL, Terra and 1 other person like this.
  20. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Dave was a good friend, I knew him well, for many years. Yes Ferrari did kill the Historic Challenge, and were also responsible for many other negative things. We used to have some great and loooong conversations; quite a few were "off the record" so to speak. I miss Dave, and I miss the way things were before Ferrari started actively screwing things up & dictating things would only be OK if done their way, which includes Classiche and teaming up with entities like Conossa.

21. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    well, I just talked to a IAC/PFA judge friend there now and he said everything was great. Luigi talked to all the judges this morning. we'll see if anyone that is actually there has any problems.

22. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    thanks for that info Marcel.
    beautiful cars.

23. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I’m curious to see if many of the sentiments expressed in this thread have real staying power after the show today, or will Cavallino suffer credible damage. Only time will tell.

Thomas S., Nembo1777 and SAFE4NOW like this.
  24. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    The overcast weather and sprinkles may kept some inside, but there seemed to be more bodies everywhere I looked.

Several cars no showed , which delayed others from staging on the field ( since everything has its place some cars couldn’t park until others are in theirs )

The quality and variety of the cars on field and off did not disappoint!

Steve

25. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    the shame, and disgrace for Ferrari Spa, is that they are trying to compel our loyalty and custom instead of earning it.
    IF the dealership were able to provide the best service at the best value, we would all be there with our cars and singing their praises.
    but they often dont.
    if your car car is no longer under warranty, most of them tend to rip your face off with sky high labor costs, parts costs, and lots of attitude.
    not all of the dealers behave like this, and the results speak for themselves.....
    in texas, the houston dealer has a very acrimonious relationship with most owners, whereas in dallas they are fast friends and i know many here who buy there and ship their cars 300 ,miles for service there.
    in geneva, the dealer is not always on everyone's xmas card list, and the dealer in lausanne gets the orders and the service bays are full....

fish rots from the head.
    leadership matters.
    you can tell when the management is good and when it isnt.
    now it would seem that leadership at Ferrari Spa since the departure of Montezemolo has really lost its way, both for road cars and race cars......

SCantera, tomc, Texas Forever and 7 others like this.