Crackles & Pops on Overrun | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Crackles & Pops on Overrun

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by chris5150, Apr 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fv81587

Fv81587 Karting

Aug 18, 2018
    Novi, Mi
    Full Name:
    Frank Valeri
    Ski bum, thanks for your post. Do you know a company who can bring back the pops and burbles of the 2010 cars without losing all the other "good" updates that are in my 2015 458 spider?
    Thanks
    Frank

2. r6elmo

r6elmo Karting

Sep 12, 2010
    there are aftermarket ECU flashing companies that do this such as open flash and others. let me know I have the open flash unit i'd sell if you want, but you need to get the custom tune through the company.

3. fazooley

fazooley Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2005
    Use openflash. You no longer have to send the ecu to them, everything will be done via the obd2 port. They can arrange for just the burbles to be back, and you can flash back to stock at anytime should you wish

4. Fv81587

Fv81587 Karting

Aug 18, 2018
    Novi, Mi
    Full Name:
    Frank Valeri
    R6elmo and Fazooley, thank you for your responses. I'll contact Openflash.
    Frank

5. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    All these pops on deceleration are horrible. Sounds like a car that is not tuned to run properly. Go to a IMSA sports car race and you hear none of this nonsense on well tuned race cars.

Melvok and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  6. 488mct

488mct Rookie

Feb 6, 2017
    Oman
    Its probably different in a 488 Gtb, but all I did was pin open the exhaust valves and I have way to many cracks and pops on letting go the gas pedal. Sometimes it makes me wonder if I am harming the engine ? its sounds glorious though :)

7. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
  8. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Many of us beg to differ. The stock 430's did this all the time. Intoxicating sound. It's not the BS pops that these idiots do with their Bimmers and Benz's that sound like gunfire and scare the crap out of everyone when they pass. It's true Ferrari sound with a 458.

xfrgtr and fazooley like this.
  9. fazooley

fazooley Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2005
    True dat, the Ferrari overrun sounds nothing like that video. I have IPE sport cats and original 2010 factory tune and the sound is really nice when the valves are open. Definitely not obnoxious from inside the vehicle, ive always wondered however what it sounds like outside. I can tell you it takes a bit of getting the car warm before the overruns really start sounding pronounced.

Labman likes this.