Daytona SP3 colored wrap and some factory carbon | FerrariChat

Daytona SP3 colored wrap and some factory carbon

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Vegas CS, Jan 22, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    Just got the car back from getting wrapped a couple of days ago then had it ceramic coated last night. Wanted something other than Rosso Scuderia/Corsa as my CS's, Scud's, and 458 have all been those colors. Saw the SP3 and really liked it so thought I'd try something slightly different. Will take some more pics outside next week to catch the metallic properties in the sunlight. Here are a couple preliminary pics in the meantime.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Data, spyder625, Ryan13 and 7 others like this.
  2. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    I was successful in pulling the center console and replacing the gray pieces with factory carbon bits I thought from Eurospares. The dash pieces are too complex so I'll leave those to the dealership but I'm very pleased with what I did myself. Also added the tri-colore button covers while I was at it. Also, thank you to @Flea7 for the red tdf vent rings.

Some before, during, and after pics.

Attached Files:

sunghyun7 and Flea7 like this.
  3. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    WOW!!! Jim that wrap looks fantastic!
    I'm surprised how it does look like the 3 triple layered paint. Nice job man!
    Those red rings and the CF bridge makes a world of difference and the Tricolor is a great touch! Looking forward to seeing the finished installment of the CF dash. Are the vents CF too?

Ryan13 likes this.
  4. Nuri Bodur

Nuri Bodur Rookie

Jan 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    Nuri Bodur
    Do you mind me asking where you got the red vent rings and the tricolour button surrounds for the bridge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    Thank you! Eurospares included the drivers side vent but that’s it. I took it off and have it on my desk as a decoration. lol Those things are $2,500 new!!!!

Flea7 likes this.
  6. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    PM Sent on the vent rings!

Vegas CS likes this.
  7. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
  8. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Please can you tell me what was the brand and name of the wrap, I would not mind that on my Range Rover which is boring grey

9. Ngcanada

Ngcanada Formula Junior

May 16, 2016
    Ottawa Canada
    What an incredible transformation inside and out! Wow

10. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    The manufacturer is called CARV and the wrap is Amazing Red Metallic. The color of your car (I watched your YouTube videos too) was part of the inspiration behind the color choice. As well as the SP3.

Took some pics in the sun today.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Flea7 likes this.
  11. sunghyun7

sunghyun7 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2019
    excellent choice on color. I guess I'd be ordering the center bridge as well!! where did you get the tricolor button covers?

12. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    Picked them up from MyRicambi. Initial install had some issues though. The buttons were "pushed in" (if you pushed them, they would not move). That, consequently, gave me a gearbox warning light. I pulled the center console back out, used my dremel tool to removed some inner plastic and made the top edge shorter. Buttons are back in the car and working perfectly now.

The only reason I did the carbon was because I was able to get genuine Ferrari parts. I figured it was like renovating my kitchen, I'll get my money back come time to sell. Which may not be the case with aftermarket bits.

sunghyun7 and Flea7 like this.
  13. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Great job. You are taking very good car of the car. F12B is so beautiful.

Vegas CS likes this.
  14. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    Thank you! I go to work abroad next week. When I get back it’ll get it’s annual service (dealer showed me the solid service history and want to keep that going) and have the dash carbon installed.

15. Nuri Bodur

Nuri Bodur Rookie

Jan 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    Nuri Bodur
    Hi,

Thanks for the heads up on the button surrounds, I’ve been looking for some for a while but no joy. Order now placed.

Do you by chance have any instructions or can you provide some guidance as to how I remove the bridge to replace the button surrounds?

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

16. dustywusty

dustywusty Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2017
    Florida
    This looks incredible, holy hell. Great work.

Vegas CS likes this.
  17. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    The entire center console has to come out. There are only 11 screws. 5 under the armrest, 2 in the cup holder, and 4 under the felt thing that is under the bridge. Then pull the rear up and back until the front is clear, unplug 5 electrical connectors, and Bob’s your uncle. Then it’s 4 screws that hold the bridge to the center console accessible from the bottom. Pic of the armrest and cup holder screws attached. The felt plate is a pita to get out but it does just pop out. It’s only held in place by pins that snap into some clips.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. Nuri Bodur

Nuri Bodur Rookie

Jan 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    Nuri Bodur
    Awesome, I know what I’m doing at the weekend really appreciate your guidance.

Thanks,

Vegas CS likes this.
  19. spyder625

spyder625 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2017
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike
    question - what color was car originally? and do they do all the door and trunk edges so when you open you dont see that? thanks for sharing

20. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    It’s Nero. They can do all of that as well as the door jams but at extensive cost. Under the hood and rear lift gate, It’s not really a factor. The doorjams show more black but with the nero interior and all of the carbon, it doesn’t look weird. If I had any other color car, I would have done the jams too as it would not have looked right. jmo

21. spyder625

spyder625 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2017
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike
    makes sense thanks for info... awesome color for sure

22. Nuri Bodur

Nuri Bodur Rookie

Jan 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    Nuri Bodur
    I’m stuck how to remove the felt plate. Screws under the arm wrest and cup holder removed but I can’t work out how to get the felt plate up! Any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers,

23. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    Use a plastic pry tool and just pull on it. It’s held in place by 4 pins that snap into metal retention tangs. I recommend pulling on both front corners at the same time. It’ll take some force.

24. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    Or ask your wife to pull on it. :p:D j/k haha

25. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    Here is what the underside looks like. The threaded part is held down by the little black clips you see. I just now pulled this back out to take this picture. It’ll come out for you, you just need to apply enough pressure. Again, I’d recommend even pressure along the panel so as not to crack it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login