Anyone recognise these wheels from ebay please? | FerrariChat

Anyone recognise these wheels from ebay please?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by belfry, Jan 10, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. belfry

belfry Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robert Batt
  2. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Those don't look like any OEM Ferrari wheel I've seen, even scouring through Ferrari wheel pics on google.
    When they say specially made, it could just mean they are Ferrari fitment, but could be from anywhere.

If you look on the inside of the wheels there should be either a sticker or an engraving on the metal showing the information of the wheel.

Regardless of the brand, it should also show what offset they are. It would have a +/- in front of the number. With the offset number and the wheel width you can determine how it fits compared to OEM, then decide if you want to add spacers. I would personally not order spacers until I get the wheels in and test fit to see for myself. If you get them wrong it's a pain to have to be returning spacers from Hill back to the UK, if you're not there.

3. belfry

belfry Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robert Batt
    Thank you for your reply. I was shown how to Google search an image, and after much scrolling found that the wheels are made in Belgium and that the wheel model is Genesis Strike. (photo below).
    They were sold as specially made for a 456 so i'm hoping that they'll bolt straight on.
    I don't have the wheels yet but when I search these wheels in a 10.5"x19" (for the 285/35/19 rears) the offest seems to be 23mm.
    Do you happen to know the offset of the OEM standard fit 17" rear wheel from Ferrari?
    Many thanks
    Robert
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. belfry

belfry Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robert Batt
    Fennicus and Il Tifoso like this.
  5. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    The OEM 17" wheels front offset should be +50mm (8.5" wheel) and the rear is +24.6mm (10" wheel)

So for the new rears, 0.5" wider (12.7mm), divide that in half considering just looking at the outside area, (6.4mm), subtract 1.6mm from the new lower offset.
    Those new wheels should then pop out an extra 4.8mm from the OEM 17" wheels.
    If the go-to Hill spacers are usually 15mm then I'd say you can get 10mm spacers to be more standard fitting. Unless you want to be more aggressive you can stick to the 15mm ones.

6. belfry

belfry Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robert Batt
    That's so helpful. Thank you. From the sounds of it I won't need any spacers as the new wheels will sit almost where the standard ones do, although they will fill the arch better. Am I understanding this correctly?

7. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Correct, you wouldn't need spacers if you want it to look OEM, just depends on what you're going for.

8. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Interesting design. Please post a photo when you get then mounted up .

9. belfry

belfry Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robert Batt
    They’ll arrive next week and I’ll post a photo of them on my car.

Auraraptor likes this.
  10. belfry

belfry Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robert Batt
    white out, SteveVT and Auraraptor like this.
  11. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Congratulations. They really do freshen up the car.

Who cares what anyone else says/thinks, as long as you enjoy them.

12. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    They look great! Willing to bet you notice a significant difference in handling based on the side wall heights. I did when I went from the 17s to 18s.