Petersen Museum shooting | FerrariChat

Petersen Museum shooting

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by 1monza, Dec 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1monza

1monza Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2005
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Norbert Hofer
    Who was shot at the Petersen Museum Saturday night?

2. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
  3. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    If the name Biggie Smalls was involved that was many years ago, and right outside the museum, not on the property

4. 1monza

1monza Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2005
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Norbert Hofer
    The shooting of a security guard happened saturday after a fund raising party. I have seen no news on it and will not be good advertisement for the museum. Due to the people involved seems like it will probabily be swept under the rug. A friend showed me a video of the shooter.

RacerX88 likes this.
  5. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    So why are you raising “the rug” ? :rolleyes: ;)

6. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Why no news?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    That’s really something! Absolutely no news whatsoever

ghibliman and carguyjohn350 like this.
  8. 1monza

1monza Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2005
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Norbert Hofer
    Influential people with power, money and knowing the right "people" can solve a lot of problems and control the narrative.

rmk and Texas Forever like this.
  9. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    That’s the location and the time matches. Wow! Swept under the rug

10. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Yes, pretty shady imo. Too bad about CA law not letting public see police reports unless they are involved. Hopefully that security guard is okay and makes a recovery. This reminded me of the guy that died in the Ferrari dealership last year in Vegas. At least the news covered it and showed video, but zero mention which dealership name or brand...for obvious reasons I'm sure. Bad PR for Ferrari to have an attacker come in and fight staff and throw a guy on an FF hood and then die on the floor. youtube.com/watch?v=r-3auz9mNLE&ab_channel=KTNVChannel13LasVegas

11. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    L.A. has a very long history of burying news stories when the well connected are involved.

12. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Perhaps more importantly, why would anyone even care about police reports (or news coverage) of any incident not directly involving or impacting them ? :confused:
    I bet thousands or more shootings happen every day around the globe and vast majority is not covered in any news, most may not even end up in police reports of any sort.

13. 1monza

1monza Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2005
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Norbert Hofer
    I often go to the Petersen Museum and have always enjoyed myself there. Never considered the place dangerous. If I thought the museum was dangerous or in a dangerous neighborhood I probably would not visit very often. I like to know my surroundings. We are very lucky to have an automotive museum of this caliber in our area. Chaos and violence happens every where more then we like to admit. I avoid places such as this if I can. You never know when you run into some crazy people or some guy that can't handle his alcohol and starts shooting. You can bury your head under a rock and ignore this but that is why we have the news. Hopefully the security guard comes out of this OK.

14. h22gordo

h22gordo Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Gordan
    Wow, I was at the Petersen that day for a private event and heard nothing about this. I hope the security guard is ok.
    Such a strange incident for an otherwise safe place.

15. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    ???

16. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    That crime map shows an incident a beak into a car 3 blocks away. Couldn't have been the same event as the security guard is not patrolling the whole neighborhood

17. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    The WHOLE of LA is dangerous. Worked there for 17 years. Happy no longer need to do that. It has just gotten insane. Crime is up everywhere in LA and the DA just lets everyone go without even a slap on the wrist. They arrested one guy for 3 separate car thefts on the same day! One of the thefts was just a few blocks from the police station after he was released. Only one place worse and that is SF. No interest in going to either.

Clabby93 likes this.
  18. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Oh, did I mention city taxes, sales taxes and new property development costs are also going up! Good job guys, drive the rest of the businesses out and leave one of the greatest cities on the planet to the homeless, criminals and illegals

19. 1monza

1monza Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2005
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Norbert Hofer
    I wonder if the police ever arrested and charged the shooter? Probably got off because of special privileges.

20. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    no, LA is the safest city in the world. There is no shooting. Unicorns everywhere. Also SF too. I just went there and can attest to it. No homeless, no crime. The parking is so cheap. Utopia indeed.

360Tom and 1monza like this.
  21. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike

LA is truly becoming a dump. The DA and local government has really allowed crime to surge out of control. I was talking to a police officer where my business is (LA County, but the southern tip) and he was telling me that when they arrest many of these criminals for theft and such, the first thing they ask is if they are still in LA County and not Orange County. I wonder why?

22. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
    First I’ve heard of this shooting - very bizarre. Like you said, no news stories about it at all.

23. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Use the citizen app, it’s horrendous the amount Violent crimes daily happening in the city

U-Boat Commander likes this.
  24. 1monza

1monza Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2005
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Norbert Hofer
    Its going to get worse in LA before it gets better. I have no interest in going to many of these cities.