Miscellaneous Car News | Page 1255 | FerrariChat

Miscellaneous Car News

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Aircon, Mar 23, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Nailed it.

Nailed it again.

jmillard308 likes this.
  2. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    On this I absolutely agree with you.

I despise the suburban SUV phenomenon.
    Ugly, hateful, selfish, pointless things that would be banned inside cities if it was up to me.

Few things are more nauseating than listening to young parents bang on about how they “have to” have a ****ing aircraft carrier to cart all their **** around and, you know, “safety”…

**** off. Somehow my parents managed in an LJ Torana, including more camping trips and long drives than I can count.

moretti likes this.
  3. Its328

Its328 F1 Rookie

May 31, 2017
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Yep its a lot of money but what if you are wrong? Whats the cost for my kids and grand kids to fix it.
    If I'm wrong we get a cleaner planet and everyones just poorer.
    I totally agree with what you are saying regarding science and it being something that's fluid but everything I'm reading says the evidence is getting stronger.
    Hey I'm just some mug that sweats in the bottom of a pool all day but 90% of scientists believe this is happening, that's a rather strong endorsement, would need some monumental scientific shifts to bring that number back down.
    I don't know, I'm not smart enough but for me I'll side with the experts :)
    In a few years Bezos will be able to afford to fix it himself!!

4. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Kim, who is visibly dying?
    The truth is cold kills far more people every year than heat. If the planet really is warming, less people will die.
    It is also a fact that we are having fewer natural disasters, not more.
    Nothing that the doomsayers have predicted has actually happened.
    But instead of admitting their failures they double down and get even more hysterical.

Perhaps you should read “Apocolypse Never”.

5. FazzerPorscheman

FazzerPorscheman F1 World Champ

Jul 28, 2010
    Piz Gloria
    Full Name:
    EnzoFerdinand
    Don't chip me ol' slice.

6. Its328

Its328 F1 Rookie

May 31, 2017
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Kim
    I was talking about how much covid has cost globally as it was a clear enemy as opposed to spending money on an invisible enemy.
    Like I said earlier everyone on here is in agreement re Covid that we need to follow the science and yet with global warming its not such a great idea, even though there's been way more time to collect and study data!
    Hey I'm not one to argue, its a pointless pastime, I'm just stating my position and added some links to show why I got to that position.
    It was easy too, just googled "What percentage of scientists agree on climate change". Lots of info!!

7. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Don’t tee me off or I’ll knock your head a fair way.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

8. FazzerPorscheman

FazzerPorscheman F1 World Champ

Jul 28, 2010
    Piz Gloria
    Full Name:
    EnzoFerdinand
    I'd like to see your hook.

9. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Fair enough, Kim. Just one of those things that we can agree to disagree on.
    But I’m with Pat and Ian. Climate change has all the hallmarks of a religion, not science.
    Anyone who understands how science works knows that it is never “settled”.
    Quite the opposite, in fact.

Its328 likes this.
  10. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I bet you wood.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

11. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    When they can disprove the ice age graph I'll sing to the same hymn

12. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    Interesting to learn about these, I have the rear bumpers from one.. all be it bent

13. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    Definitely a move in the right directing .... If they actually do as they claim , nothing much yet on using capacitors other than LAMBORGHINI

"increase energy density (and therefore driving range), or reduce battery weight.

They are considered something of a holy grail for the EV industry, and solid-state batteries also have fewer production processes, can charge more quickly and have a longer life than batteries with liquid electrolytes."

14. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    The sad thing is that the internet is now censored by proponents of climate alarmism. The reason you get lots of info on scientists who agree with AGW is that anyone who doesn't has been purged from the system. Many eminent scientists have been cancelled in this way. Also, as Pat pointed out, government bodies such as NASA and our BoM actively change the historical record to make it fit their arguments. That is most definitely not science - it's straight out of 1984, the "Ministry of Truth".

Here's a NASA chart from the past, showing CO2 and temperature change. There's only a 30 year period of correlation, not causation. Also the temperature gradient from 1900 to 1939 is just as steep as recent changes.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

wrxmike likes this.
  15. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    That looks like my handwriting

16. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    When the narrative changed from "Global Warming" to "Climate Change" it was a de-facto admission that the real agenda driving the the hype was a push for social change. Its perpetuated because there are many vested interest groups that benefit from this agenda.

17. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Why does it stop at 2012? That's the trick hey?

18. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    That's when the Mayan calendar stops, silly!

19. Its328

Its328 F1 Rookie

May 31, 2017
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Thanks Ian, you sure are an expert in all fields!
    How many climate scientists are in the Aus forum? Yep thought so!
    Many armchair experts though!
    I stated I’m not an expert, but I’m going to listen to the real experts. Like I said 90% of scientists are on board if it were 70% I could understand the scepticism. The science is there to be seen, science does change and they are constantly gathering information but it’s heading in the wrong direction you boys just can’t seem to accept that science. Where do you all think our emissions are going, they are making a giant greenhouse, anyone can surely grasp that!!
    The first half of your comment is pure opinion. Did you notice the CO2 levels in your graph?
    Hey I’m obviously not going to change any minds here and don’t really care, but I’m not going to change my mind by people who are not qualified to comment!
    https://gml.noaa.gov/ccgg/trends/
    https://e360.yale.edu/features/how-the-world-passed-a-carbon-threshold-400ppm-and-why-it-matters

20. Ferraridoc

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    6 years of taking notes was the beginning of the end for my handwriting, but writing scripts in general practice finally killed it - at the end of the consultation, you just want them out of there. It killed my signature, too.

greg246 likes this.
  21. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    . Yep You should try dictating for years and then attempting to write something lol

22. Ferraridoc

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    All fair points, but be careful who your experts are. Tim Flannery was the golden child of climate change, remember? The dams will never be full again, crop failures, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, etc. He's an economist, and knows less about climate change than the black goo under my toenail - similar expertise to Greta Thunberg, really. I wish he had parked his self-righteous arse under the Warragamba Dam spillway.

wrxmike, jmillard308 and Steve355F1 like this.
  23. Its328

Its328 F1 Rookie

May 31, 2017
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Exactly, he’s not an expert. In my experience economists are useless cnuts lol. I’m talking about the people studying and writing the reports. Climate scientists that spend their lifetime studying and collating data.
    Just like during this pandemic I’ve listened to you and Greg as that’s your field. I would regard you as an expert with vast medical knowledge!

24. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Hahaha
    Hahaha
    Hahaha

I think you just shot yourself in the foot.