Which Facet Pump for a 308 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Which Facet Pump for a 308

Discussion in '308/328' started by Itsa GT4, Nov 12, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Hello Bob
    I had to replace my fuel pump a couple of years ago and found that the recommended one wasn’t correct
    I went with Facet 480532 and have had no problems
    Btw the box has a sticker that says to”please apply suitable sealant to Union prior to installation “ for whatever it’s worth

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Facet 480532 is a higher pressure, higher flow Facet fuel pump -- it will work OKish, but is really too high a pressure and can provide a fuel flow that a 3.0L normally aspirated engine doesn't ever need:
    https://www.dellortoshop.com/contents/en-us/p364_Facet-GOLD-FLO-Red-Top-Competition-Fuel-Pump-Pump-only-480532.html

3. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Hello old friends!

morcal likes this.
  4. Doogie

Doogie Rookie

Nov 19, 2015
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    Douglas Menkhaus
    Following this thread.. tried to start my '78 and the Fuel pump sounded wierd. Couldn't get it to start. Fired up on a small shot of Ether so I knew I had a Fuel problem. Original pump. I see the Facet pump listed above, but don't think I need that much pressure. Is it OK to run with that or should I source a lower PSi pump?

Also, anyone in the Cincinnati area able to stop by and show me how to balance carbs? :)

5. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Douglas,

The correct part is FAC-476087 Facet
    Cylindrical 12v Fuel Pump, 1/8 NPT, 4-5.5 psi, Silver. I got it from Pegasus Racing for $128 total. It’s all coming back to me now! I bought the fittings without barbs on them from Jegs as I have had problems sometimes pulling hoses off barbs and when you are trying to get these live fuel hoses off I don’t like drama.

If you message me with you email I can send some good DIY carb instructions! What model do you have?

Rob

Attached Files:

absostone likes this.
  6. Doogie

Doogie Rookie

Nov 19, 2015
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    Douglas Menkhaus
    Thank You! I just ordered that pump. PM Sent for Carb instructions! :)

7. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Friends,

Does anyone have any suggestions for any thread sealant on these brass fittings?

Rob

8. morcal

morcal Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2003
    Turin,Italy
    Full Name:
    Cal
    Loctite 577 on threads but you have to buy 50 ml stick

9. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    FWIW I got 8mm and 7mm cloth wrapped fuel line hose from Belmetric. Nice people and especially convenient for those on the East Coast.

https://belmetric.com/

If I recall correctly you need 8mm from tank to pump, pump to filter, filter to carb, carb to carb, and 7mm for fuel return back to the fuel tank. And don't forget the hose from the filler to the tank. These usually leak when filling the car with fuel. One big problem is that it leaks fuel and vapors directly into the area where the coils are on a carb car. Pretty nice recipe for a flare up.

10. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    +1 -- Loctite 592 would be fine, too, for this application if you happen to have some of that around.