CS Market | Page 466 | FerrariChat

CS Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by stokpro, Mar 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Why should it? The selling dealer is certainly a factor in the price of any car

Tarek307, Matt Andrews and patina like this.
  2. MrRdStr

MrRdStr Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    AJ.
  3. SoIllFerrari

SoIllFerrari Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    CD
    This car will bring all the money. I guess 300k.

ShineKen likes this.
  4. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Isn’t this a car with some history from above threads? I may have it completely wrong but looks like the same blue/red no stripe.

5. Matt Andrews

Matt Andrews Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    I just searched the vin on this site and could not find what you refer to.
    ZFFDU57A040139361

There is a similar TDF car that had damage. Is that what you are thinking of?

6. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    No, not the same car, plz don't confuse- as @Matt Andrews mentions, the other car is a TDF blue. Paint meter readings and a full inspection was done on the CS i listed and no issues current or previous whatsoever were found.Thanks.

7. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yeh thats the last thing you and this car need!

ShineKen and Tarek307 like this.
  8. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Good to know, hope it sets a new high on BAT!

9. ifeelfree0

ifeelfree0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    Medina, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I believe the TDF interior was a blue/ gray alcantara as well

10. patina

patina Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2005
    Lake Norman, NC
    Not cool.

Monteman and Michael B like this.
  11. Nine9Three

Nine9Three Karting

Oct 24, 2017
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Tom
    At very best, these types of comments are careless.

Monteman and Michael B like this.
  12. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    maybe one of the mods can delete it?

Monteman likes this.
  13. bigsquat

bigsquat Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2013
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Troy
    Interesting discussion in the comments of the auction regarding whether mileage really matters. My CS has about 26k and it is probably the biggest determinant of the selling price other than whether or not the title is clean. Wish it was magically worth the extra $100k a 5k mileage example would bring but it's not.

arizonaitalian likes this.
  14. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
    Having seen the blue car in person a few weeks ago, I can say that it's a showstopper. When the sun hits it, the paint is magical. Best of luck to the seller.

Attached Files:

15. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Mods - you can delete as needed. Same spec, appears not the same car from east coast that was in bender. GLWS!
    I sold one, kept the other. Will you miss your CS?

16. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Oh yes I contributed to that. I think your example above here is exactly what the BaT poster (who was booted) was expressing in his convoluted way. But again he was relentlessly acting as if 20k miles equated to 80k miles. This car shows a paltry 22,000 miles. While a 5k mile example could pull additional sale funds just go try to find a 5k mile Blu Mediterraneo example (there isn't one). When that is the case (no other to find) then miles becomes just another detail to simply consider. However that poster continued to claim that miles WAS THE ONLY DETAIL to consider. Wrong... Shortly thereafter he was voted off the BaT island.

Sure miles can matter on a Ferrari (so much so when compared to a Porsche) but when speaking of a limited quantity very good example of anything, it just can't weigh in as much as he painfully insisted.

Lastly you randomly comparing a 5k mile car to your own 26k mile car is unfair & unrealistic to yourself my man. How about comparing your 26k mile example to a much more common & realistic 14k mile car? (There are less & less 5k mile cars each season right?) Then it becomes much less of a delta yes? Just sayin.

17. Matt Andrews

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Yeah. everything in moderation. What is interesting to me is how as cars get older, miles matters less and condition / spec matter more. For me, its easier to see it in the porsche world where the generations are a little more connected to each other than in ferrari's. (to me atleast) 964's now, with the exception of the sub 30k/mi cars are all judged on condition. 120,000mi cars are selling for big money as long as they are cared for. literally no one cares the miles on your long hood 911.

I see the same thing happening with 355's. yes miles matter. but a no stories, serviced 60k/mi car should bring a premium over a 25,000mi undocumented, neglected one. I assume the same will eventually happen to the CS too.

But @dustman , yes, I will miss it. This will sound silly to some, but I have sons approaching driving age. And I can't drive the CS slow. Having my sons hear their dad was in the back of a squad car is probably not the example I need to set. :) I love cars that are a little older and a lot slower. But man. I love looking at the CS. It's so pretty.

Michael B likes this.
  18. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Understood.
    FWIW my mint 5k miles OEM stripe, 100pt winning car, all books, docs, luggage, everything….BAT said no to my $320k reserve. I sold it elsewhere for more. Black car, so not as desirable, but when I say collector and 100pt, I do not exaggerate. Made my red CS look like a 50pt car in comparison LOL.
    Market is even frothier now so who knows!

19. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Hate to break it to you man, but a 355 Challenge won’t be a lot slower. ;)

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/record-lap-times-of-all-ferraris-at-fiorano-circuit.469682/

Ferrari 355 Challenge 1.24.40
    Maserati Trofeo 1.25.00
    Ferrari 575 1.25.23
    Ferrari 355 Challenge (1997?, wing, slicks, Nicola Larini) 1.25.40
    Ferrari 355 Challenge (1995, no wing, streets) 1.26.50
    Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano (2006) 1.26.500
    Ferrari F50 1.27.00
    Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale 1.28.00
    Ferrari F430 1.28.50
    Ferrari F40 1.29.60
    Ferrari 360 Modena 1.31.00
    Ferrari 550 Maranello 1.32.528
    Ferrari 348 Challenge 1.33.00
    Ferrari F355 F1 (1997) 1.33.00
    Ferrari F355 (1994) 1.34.00
    Ferrari F512M (1995) 1.35.00
    Ferrari 512TR (1992) 1.35.00

Matt Andrews likes this.
  20. Matt Andrews

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    My wife believes it will be slower. That is what matters. ;)

ShineKen and Mikestradale like this.
  21. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    This will be an exciting auction to follow! Low mileage car (anyone who says 22k miles is too much is an *****, there's always that one guy in the BAT comments, 22k miles in Europe is LOW and somehow it's HIGH in the US :)), one-off color combo. I wish I could see that Blu Mediterraneo color in person.

I have placed a bunch of ads on my site to get some more attention for this auction.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. ifeelfree0

ifeelfree0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    Medina, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dan
    #11647 ifeelfree0, Jan 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
    For my eye, this Blue Med looks so much better without the stripe. Its more of a detractor.

Dbacr likes this.
  23. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Beautiful pictures of this car in the BAT ad

24. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    I hate this kind of chart as its basically useless... The weight of many of these cars can vary by >100kg's and I'm pretty sure it wasn't done very scientifically. Probably on different days, with different temperatures, different grades and quality of fuel, maybe even different drivers. hell, they even talk about slicks on some cars vs whatever tires they happened to roll in with. Not even the tires are controlled.

Just as a FYI (How to Dramatically improve your CS handling and lap times!)

And no, its not get track tuition although that will definitely help a lot of people. I was told by an insider close to the factory that the 360 Challenge Stradale engineers actually "significantly surpassed its lap time goals" set by management and actually was much faster than the quoted 1.28 time. They where not happy, so for marketing reasons the engineers where forced to 'dull the cars performance down' a bit so it didn't embarrass the F430 too much.

One of those the big things they did was to add CRAZY heavy (+1.25kg heavier than they should be or 2.75 lbs) lbs 'dumb bells' made of heavy stainless steel to the CCM's. This must have made the engineers cry when they'd gone to all the trouble of fitting titanium wheel lugs, etc. Apparently management where worried it was going to be a struggle to beat it with the newer model based on the F430 (know known to all as the 430 Scuderia) if it was too good.

And yes, sure as proof, the 430 Scuderia also got the lightweight center bells..

Here's the evidence..

And here is how light they should have been...

These where fitted on a 430 Challenge and then later on the 430 Scuderia.

duck.co.za, ShineKen and Michael B like this.
  25. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008