Sold - 06 F430 Spider Rosso Corsa / Tan | FerrariChat

Sold 06 F430 Spider Rosso Corsa / Tan

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by jag-oo-r, Jan 18, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    #1 jag-oo-r, Jan 18, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
    For Sale – 2006 F430 Spider – Rosso Corsa / Tan F1
    Asking $89,900. Pretty Firm; you won't find another F430 under $100k right now.

Fellow enthusiasts, the time has come to part with my beautiful Ferrari F430 Spider. My wife is retiring and we have purchased a historic home requiring extensive renovation. Between that and the alpacas she’s also acquiring (!!) my spare time has been booked-out several years, haha. I of course considered keeping it and storing it, but it makes little sense to me to sit on it like that, when I intended to sell it next year anyway, so I could be ready when Whattheheck decides it’s time to sell his beautiful California T. haha.

I purchased this car 2 years ago (March of 2020) from forum member “whattheheck”. The car was well-known here, with documentation of his impeccable work on mods and maintenance. I bought it without seeing it except virtually, and have not been disappointed. The car is fantastic.
    Since that time, I’ve put an additional 12k miles on it. The odometer currently reads 53k and change. I’ve added to the maintenance history of the car in some meaningful ways, such that the car is ready-to-go for whomever the lucky new owner may be. A binder of maintenance history comes with the car. I added much of the history to a spreadsheet so that I could track what was done and when, and then schedule what might be needed in the future. I’m happy to share that sheet with any serious buyers. You’ll find maintenance is up to date and documented, including e-diff flush, top fluid replacement, etc etc. All of the common items have been done (engine /trans mounts, ball joints, hood-struts, Ignition Coils & Plugs, o2 sensors, Catalyst monitors, Fuel Pumps, etc etc). There are ZERO outstanding or deferred maintenance items, and ZERO known issues unresolved.

Regarding Clutch wear: When the previous owner had the Throw-out bearing replaced (Hill Eng. Parts) they elected at that time to not replace the clutch, since it was in excellent condition. However, that means the wear indicators pulled since then are no longer valid. The clutch drives as it should and shows no sign of wear. I’ve made a visual inspection from underneath, and (fwiw) it looks to be in excellent condition with plenty of “d-groove” still visible. The car is priced in a way that you have some "headroom" to get a new clutch, when you're ready.

This is not a “garage queen”. I drive it regularly, as did the owner before me. You’ll find the maintenance and care to be impeccable. I regularly get comments that you could eat off the engine, or that the car looks new.

The car is currently on display at Automotive Addiction in Sandy Utah, but it still gets driven on occasion. I had the car out for a drive as recently as Jan. 10th.

Specifics:

· 2006 F430 Spider, VIN ZFFEW59A060149659

· Rosso Corsa / Tan w/ Daytona (black-insert) seats.

· F1 Transmission

· 53,xxx miles

· MSRP - $235,057

· Title is Clean, and held by my bank.

Factory Options Include:

· Yellow Brake Calipers

· Carbon Fiber Interior Accents

· Electric Seats, Daytona Leather Seat Trim

· Scuderia Shields on Fender

· 19” Challenge Stradale Wheels

· HiFi Stereo System W/ CD Changer, Factory Subwoofer

Upgrades include:

· Agency Power Headers & Cats

· Capristo Header Blankets

· Kline Innovation Exhaust with Forza Exhaust Controller w/remote fob

· High Performance Tune on ECU’s by Mase Engineering

· Scud Ing Swiss Smart eMT F1 Tarnsmission ECU Solid State Relay

· Scud Ing Swiss Front Turn Signal LED kit

· Scud Ing Swiss FULL LED Rear Tail Light Kit

· Scud Ing Swiss Front LED Daytime Running Light

· Scud Ing Swiss 3rd Brake Light & LED Flasher

· Scud Ing Swiss Smart Turn Signal ECU

· Scud Ing Swiss Interior Light ECU

· Smart Top Relay (one-touch operation of convertible top)

· Halotron Fire Extinguisher installed in trunk

· Front & Rear parking cameras with GPS Monitor

· Lamin-X Headlight protective film

· Front Bumper Skid Plates

· Custom Installed Garage Door Opener

· Carbon Fiber Cup-Holder

· Prewired for Valentine 1 Radar Detector

· Prewired for Dash Camera

· Carbon Fiber Shift Paddles (Carbonio)

· LED Engine Bay Lights

· Alpine Stereo Head Unit, Pioneer amplifier, Morel Speakers, Audio Control 300w Subwoofer amp, Scuderia Audio Subwoofer, Upgraded Polk Audio Driver.

· Braided Stainless Brake Lines, with recent pads & system flush.

· Ferrari air-horns replace the original “beep-beep” horn.

· New Michelin PS4S tires in October of ’21 (less than 1500 miles ago)

· ClearBra covering the entire front fenders, hood, mirrors and rocker panels

· C-Quartz Professional Ceramic coating applied after paint correction in November of ‘20

· A typical wear-item; the Driver’s bolster was rehabbed last spring, it looks good.

· Hill Eng. Throw-out Bearing

· Hill Eng. Ball Joints

· NOCO Battery Charger (Hardwired) connector

Comes with:

· Two original keys

· the original stereo headunit,

· Original subwoofer,

· Ferrari Battery Charger,

· Original (complete) tool kit & Flashlight,

· Original tail lights

· Owners Manual in original leather case

· Some other spares / original parts,

· Original Floor Mats and a spare set

· Binder full of service history & window sticker

· I’ll include the Valentine 1 radar detector, since I don’t use it.

There are some minor rock chips. A very small dent in the driver’s a-pillar that you wouldn’t see if I didn’t tell you to look at it. When I was reinstalling the wheels after having them refinished, I dropped the front right one on its face; if you look closely you’ll see the blemishes on it from that. Yes, I said many bad words.

If you were to ask me what is the next item it needs, I’d tell you that I planned to have the struts rebuilt by mandino, and preemptively purchased a set of used take-off struts with less than 10k miles on them (included in sale) to put on the car while mine were off being done. I planned to do flamblocs at the same time.

Asking $89,900. Pretty Firm; you won’t find another F430 under $100k right now.

yes, I'm happy to work with your shipper and mechanic, at your expense, of course.
    Car is located in the Greater Salt Lake City, Utah area.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

sp1viper, JoeTSI and EastMemphis like this.
  2. patina

patina Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2005
    Lake Norman, NC
    This won’t last long. Looks like an excellent driver!

jag-oo-r likes this.
  3. jiveturkey

jiveturkey Rookie

Apr 27, 2010
    USA
    Goodness. I’m in the cottonwood heights area and will be in the market for an F-430 this March. Amazing deal.

jag-oo-r likes this.
  4. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Sad to hear you're parting with it, but excellent deal! Man, I'd be tempted to sell mine to get into yours. I like my color combo in a coupe, but still get the itch for the top down experience. No doubt this will go quickly. Anyone on the sidelines waiting for "the right deal", this is it.

jag-oo-r likes this.
  5. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    aw c'mon man...... let's keep it local!! haha. March isn't far away; just do it! You won't find a nicer driver-level car.

6. Simeon

Simeon Rookie

Oct 21, 2020
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Simeon Iliev
    I've sent you a PM. I like this car but need to check with my wife and the bank haha.

sp1viper and jag-oo-r like this.
  7. jiveturkey

jiveturkey Rookie

Apr 27, 2010
    USA
    Wife would straight murder. I have a car that I’m selling and took a deposit on and the gentleman will pay the remainder the first week of March. Otherwise I’d be foaming at the mouth and on the way. Such a great example. I predict it will be gone by Friday.

jag-oo-r likes this.
  8. josh3thayer

josh3thayer Rookie

Jun 15, 2021
    Full Name:
    Josh Thayer
    PM sent - serious buyer.

jag-oo-r likes this.
  9. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    I think I've responded to all of the messages I've received. If I've missed you, please ping me again.

10. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Great looking car for the money. Any pictures of it with the top on?

11. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Sale pending. I guess I should have asked for more, haha.

And to whoever user "kayum" is: do you REALLY think this car should sell for $70k? Or are you just trolling in my inbox?
    What a.... I'm sorry man.... I just can't with you.....
    Hahahaha

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

12. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Congrats!! Maybe where the user is from, fantasyland, the prices really are 70k. Someone got a great deal at your asking price!

13. AandSC

AandSC Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 12, 2016
    Jax, FL
    Full Name:
    Allen
    I thought the price was too low, and this wouldn’t last long. Congrats on the quick sale! The new buyer got a great deal on a really nice car.

14. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Haven't you heard, you should only ask what a single person out there is able to pay. Silly bear. ;)

I would say if it had NONE of the mods/ownership/maintenance history it does, then *MAYBE* high 70s for a final selling price would be a bit more realistic (not reasonable, but realistic, PERHAPS) given the shenanigans involving mileage and ferraris. BUT....this is a well documented car around here and your ask was well more than reasonable/appropriate. Congrats on the sale!! Hope the new owner enjoys it as much as the previous have. :)

15. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Beautiful new owner got a great deal given the current market

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. dustinhu

dustinhu Rookie

Mar 11, 2017
    Sammamish, WA
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Sent a pm just in case

17. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Kent Adams
    I hate that you sold it Dan but I understand, family comes first.

jag-oo-r likes this.
  18. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Hey man, If I'm to move on to my next Ferrari, selling my First Ferrari was a foregone conclusion. ;-)

19. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    I saw this a couple of hours after posting and I would have seriously jumped at this but the aftermarket Tune and the Exhaust are sure Smog Fail in California. No way out. Good luck new owner.

20. Mfreak

Mfreak Rookie

Apr 20, 2013
    I am in market looking for one and live in California. Concerning if i get one with aftermarket exhaust will fail California smog... I spoke to one of the out of state dealer today about the after market exhaust he has on the car he selling but he said it will pass as long as the catalytic converter are in the system.

21. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    I am not so worried about the exhaust. It's the software tune that will return a different check sum when the OBD computer talks. That is a fail.

Extreme1 and ditpixs like this.
  22. Blackspyder1

Blackspyder1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2021
    Full Name:
    Charles McDonald
    Is your cat still available

23. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Admin, please mark this car as SOLD. 8 hours..... I should;ve asked for more. But the car is back to known territory in the greater Seattle area, and it was a pleasant transaction. The ownership experience of my first Ferrari has been EVERYTHING I'd hoped it would be.
    Can't wait for the NEXT one!!!

24. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Kent Adams
    congrats.

schumacherf2006 likes this.
  25. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed