Ferrari trying to take over ferrari club | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Ferrari trying to take over ferrari club

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by robf91, Jan 22, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
  2. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
  3. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Ah, the joy of triggering memories. I remember one thing that happened between Risi and the Houston FCA. FCA had a tour of FOH, and Mr. Risi did not want photographs. Why? Who cares. He didn't want photographs. Needless to say, he got pissed when pictures started showing up on the Internet, including FerrariChat. Just saying.

4. ddrewesusa

ddrewesusa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2021
    92,955,807 miles from the sun
    Full Name:
    Don Drewes
    We all like secret meetings to make a formal agreement. Those usually represent a membership well. I’m being facetious of course, but it is not a corporate merger, it is a car club. Seriously?

I saw exactly this type of shenanigans with carnival krewes. Nothing but power plays. Can car people just get together and do things as a group? Can’t I get with other Ferrari owners, and have a car show and drive together as a group without having to make sure it meets Ferrari’s blessing? These are the things that turn me off, it just seems like a load of drama. I have enough drama in my work life, I would like to not have that also in the one thing I can enjoy and give me a break from the drama. I hope we can really get back to what is actually important, the people and the cars and the camaraderie we can share without all the other drama. Just my 2 cents since I was looking at joining the FCA, but now I am thinking twice about it.

SAFE4NOW, tomc and Texas Forever like this.
  5. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I understand the proposed new contracts stipulate one must be an owner to be a member. This conflicts with some clubs constitutions that allow former owners to continue as members, clubs that allow family members or associate (non voting) members.

Texas Forever likes this.
  6. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I don't think the old man wrote on stationary with FCA letterhead. That is a quote from it and worthless as evidence.

7. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    I never said it was a hand written/typed letter from Enzo. It was printed in Prancing Horse (which is what I posted) how anyone couldn’t realize that is a mystery. I posted it to demonstrate the difference in the factory’s attitude then vs now.

Marty D likes this.
  8. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    And by the way, it isn’t a quote from anything. It is a picture of what Prancing Horse looked like back then. And yes, I’m aware he probably had someone write it for him as a matter of course.

9. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Then I am guessing you did not read the entire thread and the previous talk about his letter to the club.

10. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    I have been reading the thread and just rescanned it to see if there is a “more complete “ version of what I posted. I don’t see any posts that have pics of actual documents. What I posted are my photocopies of the original issues of PH. That letter is exactly what was in Prancing Horse in 1967. I didn’t edit, cherry-pick, or alter it. My point then as now is that Ferrari was much more welcoming of FCA years ago.

11. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    ^^^This. Lots of folks bought cars from them, did challenge racing with them, etc.

Texas Forever, SAFE4NOW and rob lay like this.
  12. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    #137 Jeff Kennedy, Jan 29, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
    The incorporation of the Ferrari Club of America is Illinois. That can be traced to the Chicago contingent that as part of the club's formation.

13. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    The reason secrecy of the Ferrari Club of America agreement with Ferrari has been explained by the club as:

1. This is a stipulation from Ferrari. Only the Executive Committee and the Region Directors are allowed to see the actual agreement per Ferrari. Non-compliance by the club is not really an option.

1A. At the club's annual Board of Directors meeting even those that had been a party to creation the current agreement and all attendees that are not EC or RD have to leave the room while the terms o the document are discussed.

2. Allegedly the club was able to negotiate changes from the template agreement that Ferrari wants to ensure the other clubs around the world are unaware of. Of course, it would not be unreasonable to assume that many of the long established clubs also negotiated their own variations and Ferrari doesn't want a free-for-all comparison of everyone's terms.

14. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Some people can screw up a wet dream.

15. ddrewesusa

ddrewesusa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2021
    92,955,807 miles from the sun
    Full Name:
    Don Drewes
    Thank you for making my point. Secret documents, secret agreements, secret meetings, only a select group of people, Wow!! This is a DEMAND from Ferrari!!

Why won’t the FCA release an all out blast expressing their proudness to all FCA members that specific members on a secret FCA board and specific members of Ferrari are having super secret meetings that the membership is not allowed to know about, to attend or have any opinion about. Tell them that their personal information will be turned over to Ferrari without consent or any real need. Then hold board elections right after the announcement. Be proud of the back door super secret meetings with FERRARI demands. Then let the membership vote whether those people that were super special who were in those meetings will still be voted in.

Is everyone ok with these secret meetings with secret personnel creating a super secret agreement that you MUST abide by, without the membership voting? Who would give money to these people?? I am so glad this came to light before I gave this secret society one penny of my hard earned money. I am shocked.

I guess the next step is that since I own a Ferrari I will be forced to be part of the organization and pay a licensing fee to Ferrari every year or I won’t be able to get Ferrari parts to fix my vehicle. Is this the next step?? Asking for a friend.

Marty D, AZ77, willrace and 2 others like this.
  16. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    #141 Rifledriver, Jan 29, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
    I think worrying about Ferraris black helicopters is a little premature. I grew up hiding under my desk so I woudn't be hurt by the nuke blasts, I don't think I'll lose sleep over this.

An agreement is in place is different than a voted on signed contract.

17. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    And do not forget all the money spent flying the Ferrari flag at race tracks around the world.

But hey. look what they did to Luigi Chinetti.

Jack-the-lad and Texas Forever like this.
  18. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    If the helicopters are built by Ferrari, they're definitely not a concern.

19. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Ouch!

20. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Or what?

What is the leverage corporate can have over the club?? Financial?

SV

21. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Well for one thing they can take away our birthday

22. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Protecting the BRAND. Nothing else counts except the BRAND. The BRAND is the beginning. The BRAND is the ending.

23. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Yep. I am sure there is sponsorship for compliance.

24. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Shoot do some work and get other sponsors! Rebalance the relationship.

just sayin.

svc