Aryton Senna Article. Anyone read Portugese? | FerrariChat

Aryton Senna Article. Anyone read Portugese?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by AnotherDunneDeal, Mar 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    I was at a used book store today and ran across a good condition copy of the May 4, 1994 Veja magazine special edition. It is a Brazilian magazine that I believe to be written in Portugese. It is dedicated to Senna and has a lot of pictures of the wreck, them taking him out on a stretcher, picture from the side of him in the car after the wreck and all. It has a lot of drawings of the way the accident happened and how it would affect the car. There are apparently other drivers who have died while racing mentioned in the article also and giving the years and the race they died in. I wish I could translate it so I could glean the information from it. The article must be 12-15 pages long. Lots of pictures.

And get this. I was able to pick it up for .10. ONe dime. Cool find I think. He is pictured on the cover in his red racing suit, walking down the track with a big smile on his face waving to the crowd. I think the way we all want to remember him.

2. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Correction. The whole magazine is about Senna's life. From childhood on.

The quote on the cover is:
    "O dia que chegar, chegou. Pode ser hoje ou daqui a 50 anos. A unica coisa certa e que ela vai chegar".

Ayrton Senna, 1960-1994, sobre a morte

Directly below it is stated,
    "O desastre. Os ultimos dias. O carreira. A obstinacao em vencer. Os Adversarios. O fascinio pelo perigo. A comocao nacional. As licoes do idolo">

Any clue to what it says.

What is this magazine really worth????????????????

3. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

The day that was inevitable.......has arrived. It could be today or in the next 50 years. The only thing that is certain is that it was going to happen......

That's the cover part.....here's the rest......

The disaster....the final day...the career....

The desire to win.....the adversaries.....the fascination with danger.....the commotion in the country........the lessons from our idol......

Senna was a passion for Brasilieros........500,000 people walked with his casket to the cemetary that day in Sao Paulo.......(my words)

4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    K,

Dri was on her way over here to translate this but I guess we were too late!

DL :)

5. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Thank you for the help. This special edition holds so much information on Senna, his youth, his personal life, his career that it makes me really wish I spoke Portugese. I can try to scan in some of the text if anyone is interested. I think I made a real find here for the F1/Senna enthusiast.

There are several pictures of his funeral procession. It is amazing to see so many people in the streets. There is also three pages of quotes from him over the years. I will be interested in finding out what they say. My wife knows enough Spanish to understand some of it. There is a picture of him when he was about 6 years old. It says something to the extent that he was shy and timid in school and not a very good student. He also rode his first go-kart at the age of 4.

There is also a list of all 33 drivers who had died in F1 up to 1994, what they were driving and at what race. If anyone needs a question answered for that, maybe I can help.

6. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    I just bought the book, "The Life of Senna" from GrandPrix Legends out of England. A great book on him, can't believe this May will be 10 years since he died. I thought he was invincible, nothing could happen to him, but thats life.

7. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    You would love this magazine. It apparently was printed immediately following his death and the magazine being of Brazilian publication seems to contain a lot of the passion the country held for him. I am especially interested in translating the writings included with the drawn illustrations of the accident. There is a picture of Alain Prost with a look of stunned disbelief on his face and statements made by many of the officials of Brazil concerning him.

And to think it was at a "used" bookstore. It is still in remarkably good condition for one 10 years old. I hope I can keep it in this condition while delving into it. Do you think it is worth the 10 cents I paid for it?????????

8. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

I'll trade you a bottle of Jack Daniels for it.

9. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Do I know Jack Daniels?????? He has always been a headache for me. I think I will have to pass on that one...............

10. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

My mistake....since we are talking about Senna I should have offered "Cachaca"....

http://www.cachaca.com/

Anyways...hic....burp....I'd love to buy it the only problem is the FedEx charges would be worth more than the magazine.

11. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    K,
    It is barely 10am here and you have me thinking about caipirinha on praia Barra!

DL (hiccup)

12. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    #12 AnotherDunneDeal, Mar 5, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    What is that strangely familiar scent wafting thru the air? Ahhh, a nice smooth one over the rocks, the beginning of the F1 season and the end of the week. It just doesn't get any better than that................................
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. pozzi

pozzi Formula Junior
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 28, 2004
    Brasil
    Full Name:
    Fabio Pozzi
    Hi Everybody !!!!!

Regards from Brasil !!!!!!!

Glad to see a lot of people who likes Senna and Brasil !!!!!

As said, next May 1st will be 10 years without Senna, and no doubt that he is a legend here and in many other countries !!!!! His death was terrible !!!!!

The best driver ever by far !!!! (sorry Schummi) The best races !!!!! After his death, the number of F1 TV transmission spectators dropped a lot, even with Rubens Barichello in Ferrari, most of the people don't have the same wish to see F1 races…

here is agood site about him

http://senna.globo.com/memorialayrtonsenna/home_ingl.htm

go to "driver" then "formula one" and you will find a resume of all the races....