430 - Lighting issue | FerrariChat

430 Lighting issue

Discussion in '360/430' started by tmvatlanta, Feb 7, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tmvatlanta

tmvatlanta Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2017
    Covington GA
    Full Name:
    Tam V.
    On my 06 F430 Spider, no light on with the main switch except the headlights. The “P” switch turn them on normally. Driving at night, I have no taillights unless I hit the “P” switch to have them on.
    I’m gonna check the fuse as first step. Any other advice or anyone experienced the same issue?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
  3. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Front right and rear left sidelights on 1 fuse, other pair on 2 nd fuse. Sounds more like the contacts on the steering wheel stork as both yours are out. I take it the front sidelights come on ok

4. tmvatlanta

tmvatlanta Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2017
    Covington GA
    Full Name:
    Tam V.
    No lights on at all, with the main switch, except the headlights.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Fuse AF5 , AF 15+20 in the front boot to check.
    Relays AR 9+10+11 to check- use AR12 relay from horn to check others as all 20 amp.

Qavion likes this.
  6. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Do your instrument lights work when you turn on your sidelights? Does the sidelight indicator work on your dash?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

This will tell you if your steering column switch is broken.

Sidelight wiring diagrams here:

https://www.dropbox.com/t/BvszFTWfYX9Mfh9A

Do the lights in your push-button switches work and your licence plate lights?

7. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Assuming your dash lights work, switch backlights work, rear numberplate lights work and that you haven't had multiple failures, I'd say you have a relay issue (AR9) or a wiring issue. Relay AR10 is ok because your Park lights work. Relay AR11 should only affect your switchlights and numberplate lights, not your sidelights.

Fuses AF16 and AF20 should be ok because your Park Lights are working. It won't be fuse AF6 blown for the same reason. AF5 only affects switchlights and your rear number plate light, not sidelights.

tmvatlanta likes this.