More Kudos for Competizione! | FerrariChat

More Kudos for Competizione!

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Bad Dogg, Nov 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bad Dogg

Bad Dogg Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2006
    Avon, CT
    Full Name:
    Howard
    I brought my car to Richard and Fernando this summer, and have been meaning to make this post for some time. I was referred to them by Dave Helms in Boulder, who worked on my car before I moved, and George Vosburgh here in Pittsburgh. I have to say I was incredibly impressed. The quality of their work is absolutely top notch, communication is great, and they are very straightforward - if something is not worth your while to fix they will let you know. Also, if something needs to be fixed they will find it and do it the right way. Wonderful guys - I am so glad to have found them and already looking forward to my next visit!

H

bobby355 and E60 M5 like this.
  2. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    Reviving this old thread to ask if anyone has any feedback/reviews of this place more recently..? Nobody has mentioned them here in a Long time!

3. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    The best in the business hands down. They care for and service some of the rarest and finest Ferrari cars and collections in the US. Visit their website and you will get a very clear picture immediately.
    Plus, Richard and Fernando are really wonderful people!

gt1995 and SGM like this.
  4. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Last year I had my 360 up there. Richard and Fernando are still two of the best guys around!

gt1995 and E60 M5 like this.
  5. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    Good to hear.. Thank you both for responding

E60 M5 likes this.
  6. fasthound

fasthound Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 23, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #6 fasthound, Mar 29, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
    Richard and Fernando and the whole crew at Competizione are fantastic. I’ve known these guys since their FoW days, and I wouldn’t take a Ferrari anywhere but their shop. They take customer service and pride in their work to another level entirely. I have trusted them with a 355, a 430, and now my 1967 330 GTC. The level of cars you see in their shop (old, new, competition and street) with license plates from all over, speaks volumes about the trust people have in them. I have never hesitated to recommend these guys, and I just can’t say enough about how well they treat their customers and their customers cars. And they are just incredibly nice guys which is an added bonus.

I just had a problem with my car tonight and ended up with a dead car at the side of the road (you have to love old cars, right?) with a complete electrical failure. I tried jumping the car, but she was completely non-responsive. I called for a flatbed (a big shout out to Jason from Mortons for coordinating the flatbed for me) and then called Richard for advice on what might be causing the problem. Battery? Alternator? I had checked the fuses and all OK.

Coincidentally, I was about 10 minutes from his house, so he volunteered to drive out to see if he could fix the problem right there. It was dark so when he got there he parked behind me with his engine running and flashers on to alert traffic. He also tried to jump start the car, and then went about checking wiring, etc. in an attempt to diagnose the issue. In the end, he decided it was likely the main ignition relay…not something you carry with you. So he waited with me for the tow truck, made sure the tow strap was properly attached and then left with the tow truck driver to take the car to Competizione. He gave me the keys to his car so I could get home telling me he had another car at the shop so he would be able to get home. Simply amazing.

Now, I wouldn’t expect that kind of help from anyone I had only called him to see if he could give me thoughts on what to look for as I tried to see if I could get the car started before the tow truck arrived. But instead, he jumped in his own car and drove over to help out.

Who does that these days?

A massive thank you to Richard. I owe him a really, really nice bottle of wine at the very least!

PS - A big shout out to the complete stranger who stopped to make sure I was OK. It was dark and I hadn't brought road flares with me (duh!) handed me his package of three rechargeable electric emergency flashers. I’ve never seen the guy before, and yet he didn’t hesitate to give me his set of flashers so people would see the car. I asked how I could get them back to him and he just waved me off and said don’t worry about it and drove off. Restored my faith in my fellow man as did all the drivers who slowed down and asked if everything was OK. Really unexpected and very much appreciated. An amazing adventure!

7. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Yep, I too have my helped story, only Fernando was the one to the rescue.
    It was a Saturday, late afternoon and Fernando drove a good 20 miles to come and get the 360 moving again! Simply the best!!

fasthound likes this.
  8. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

I'll give a huge shout out too..... but this time to Fernando's wife! I got to Competizione to collect my 348, and it turned out some other 'unplanned' maintenance was suddenly necessary.

Having flown to DC and expecting to drive my Ferrari back to North Carolina, I was suddenly marooned in Gaithersburg. Without even blinking, she got to the shop and drove me (in rush hour traffic!) all the way to Arlington VA where my sister-in-law lives. Gaithersburg to Arlington... at 5pm. Yeah, that's the customer-centric approach of their organization. Top shelf, all the way.

Norseman and E60 M5 like this.