2011 Ferrari California help | FerrariChat

2011 Ferrari California help

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by syata, Nov 26, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. syata

syata Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2017
    I am looking at a 2011 Ferrari California in Rosso Scuderia and beige interior; 31k miles. The VIN is ZFF65LJA1B0176760. Does anyone know this vehicle? Is there a lot of deference from a 2011 and 2012? Anything I should look for when I look at the vehicle? I got a clean carfax from the seller but carfax may not always be correct. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Farmdoc

Farmdoc Rookie

May 20, 2019
    Full Name:
    Mark Camp Kilcollin
    The backup camera is more likely on the ‘12
    Watch out for leather bubbles and sticky buttons and radio glitches.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. Bill Phillips

Bill Phillips Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2019
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bill
    The engine mounts are a chronic problem, wearing out (collapsing) every few years. The battery will need to be replaced at least every three years, no matter what condition it appears to be in, as the electrical system and the components it runs are hypersensitive to battery condition. The leather dash covering and sticky buttons mentioned above are common issues.

4. syata

syata Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2017
    I purchased this car. First I did was get rid of the sticky buttons by using isopropyl alcohol and a oxy clean solution. Then a learthrique treatment. This went well. I still need to do a complete fluid change. I don’t know why some dislike the California. It is what it is, a GT and four seater. Thank you for the inputs.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

tomc likes this.
  5. Bill Phillips

Bill Phillips Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2019
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bill

LARRYH likes this.
  6. rbellezza

rbellezza F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2008
    Henderson, NV
    Full Name:
    Roberto Bellezza
    The dislike seems to be changing, now reviews about the California are to be a great car. And that's what it is ... a great car !

LARRYH likes this.
  7. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Congrats. Post up some pics!
    T

LARRYH likes this.
  8. MTIMMY

MTIMMY Rookie

May 7, 2020
    SFO
    Full Name:
    TIMMY MA
    Can you tell more about the sticky button and treatment you did?... did you completely stripe the paint and repaint it?

9. syata

syata Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2017
    No, I only took off the sticky rubbery layers off. The surfaces remained black but have a slight shine to them and the feel is a smooth touch with no rubber. I like the none-rubber touch much better and it will not get sticky again.
    Sent from my HD1925 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

tomc likes this.
  10. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David
    I am interested in the steps you used to clean the sticky buttons. What products did you use? Thanks.
    David

HarryC and tomc like this.
  11. syata

syata Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2017
    I used diluted OXY-clean but rubbing alcohol and elbow grease worked better for me in removing the sticky rubbery surfaces.

Remember, the result is a shiny smooth surface because the rubbery stuff is taken off.

Sent from my HD1925 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. FrancisK

FrancisK Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2021
    Midwest

But it doesn’t remove all of it right? You can still see what is written on the buttons correct?

Husker likes this.