458 - Worn out display control | Page 2 | FerrariChat

458 Worn out display control

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by alvaro1728, Feb 1, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    We recommend to our customers to not use any cleaning products on interior parts. Just a slight water damp warm micro fiber. But some products like Sonnax Dashboard cleaner work really well.

2. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    What about that new product from turtle wax .. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

3. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    I have never used it

4. Widebody_Don

Widebody_Don Karting

Apr 16, 2021
    I wouldn't use anythjng on the buttons. You are wiping the coating off the rubber and that causes the sticky icky. Sticky RX demonstrates how good their products are by wiping it with rubbing alcohol and also brake fluid, then showing you no black coating came off onto the cloth used to wipe it.

Sent from my SM-G977U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. AdWassi

AdWassi Karting

Jul 3, 2019
    California
    Full Name:
    Adam
    ISO Alcohol and elbow grease

6. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Will not work at all on later model 458, FF, F12 cars....

7. AdWassi

AdWassi Karting

Jul 3, 2019
    California
    Full Name:
    Adam
    hmmm.. well I have a 458 and I did it myself, everything except the AC unit got a bit sticky and I got annoyed so did them all. Needs to be ISO 75 or less. have to be cautious with the writing on the buttons or you'll remove the script. or send into those sticky RX companies, but it'll take a month+

8. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    And that is part of what I am referring to, the alcohol will destroy that lettering and icons and print. hmmmm or send to us and takes a 1/10 of the time and 1/4 the cost.

9. even if you garage your car it still happens in florida. Got the sticky in the f12 458 and california lol

10. fazooley

fazooley Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2005
    Oh no thats even worse then i thought. I guess i got real lucky as my 2010 is in perfect condition. I've seen a bunch of people fix them it dont seem to be too big of a job. But still very annoying nonetheless. I havent had any cars where this happened, it seems to be a real ferrari problem lol

11. stevdug

stevdug Karting

Feb 4, 2019
    Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hear you about cleaning chemicals causing issues but it does not explain all of it. I pulled apart my dash, and found horribly sticky issues in areas that would have never been exposed to cleaning agents, sunlight or skin oils. As someone mentioned before new parts have gone sticky setting in the factory boxes

12. I wouldn't be surprised if humidity plays a factor here too and even if you temp control your garage, controlling humidity is pretty hard and expensive. Especially in south florida even if you have temp/rh controlled garage, all of your miles are in that hot, humid, florida sun

13. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    Thought I would add my story for information purposes. I have a 2012 Maserati with 75000 miles on it that I bought in ‘15 with 12000 on it and a 2012 458 that purchased in ‘14 with 2000 miles it now has 20,000. I live in the desert in western CO where the humidity is between 5 and maybe 20% and July and August can be 95° to 100°. I do have all the windows covered with a light ceramic tint including the windshields(clear ceramic) of both cars. The Masser is a dd and can sit in the sun for 6 or so hours 4 days a week. Both cars are garaged in somewhat controlled environment when not used, the Ferrari is never outside if it is not being driven. Both cars have no signs yet of deterioration and I don’t clean them with any cleaner; I do wipe them with a damp cloth. With both cars being 10 years old it surprises me they are still in great shape.

14. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    We can certainly help, just send me an email