Put my 360 on a Dyno! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Put my 360 on a Dyno!

Discussion in '360/430' started by AndreB, Aug 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    Fark yeah!!! you will not regret it never. I would ditch the stereo once the exhaust is fitted nothing comes close to a straight piped exhaust. It's epic:D

clean512 likes this.
  2. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006
    you lose a bit of torque on the bottom but the mid and upper were all gains, keep in mind in the challenge series you arent using the bottom half of the RPM anyway.

AndreB and one4torque like this.
  3. billy.gif

billy.gif Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2017
    Finland
    #53 billy.gif, Aug 24, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    I put my 360 F1 on a dyno soon after I purchased it 2017. I got 375hp measured from the crank with decatted Tubi exhaust and odometer reading of 82k km / 51k miles. But foremost the power curve was really beautiful, textbook like, without any hesitations or "sawtooth" effect.

Also IF I may add the dyno run was done in a wrong gear (4th) as the dyno operator was afraid of the speeds if dyno'ed with correct (5th gear - closest to 1:1 -ratio). Here are the gear ratios of a 360 Modena:

3.29:1
    2.16:1
    1.61:1
    1.27:1 = mine was measured
    1.03:1 = correct gear to measure 360 Modena in a dyno
    0.85:1

I assume most of you guys know that simply making back-to-back runs with different gears will alter the dyno output and every single viable pass should be done with a gear closest to 1:1 ratio of any transmission:

https://www.tdi-plc.com/dyno-testing-gear-best/

I've found out that my car is somewhat healthy as I've managed to do a 1/4-mile time of 13,027 with me in it (70kg / 154lbs) and somewhat large passenger (120kg / 265lbs) and totally granny start, cannot even call a launch. Factory states around 12,7 for the F1-version and various websites from wikipedia to acceleration times . com around 13,0 or slightly over it.

4. Jb-Slow

Jb-Slow Karting

May 11, 2020

How did you get crank horsepower on a chassis Dyno? Did you mean wheel horsepower or did you do some math to get that number?

RedTaxi likes this.
  5. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    As we all should know, you can't. Complete guesswork.

AndreB likes this.
  6. billy.gif

billy.gif Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2017
    Finland
    There's some widely accepted, general power loss figures ( % ) for manual and normal torque converter automatics. Cant recall exact %-numbers, but in mainland Europe around 90-95% of dyno numbers / "rolling roads" numbers are in fact those, not "WHP".

7. Jb-Slow

Jb-Slow Karting

May 11, 2020
    To me seeing 350 at the "crank" would have me worried that something was wrong, that's a lot lower than the factory numbers. If I saw 350 at the wheels, considering drivetrain loss I would think all is well and that's right where it should be.

AndreB likes this.
  8. AndreB

AndreB Karting

Jun 8, 2018
    HTX
    Full Name:
    Ndr
    That was my thought. A 300-320whp would have been worrying

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

9. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Aaaaaand the guesswork continues....

10. AndreB

AndreB Karting

Jun 8, 2018
    HTX
    Full Name:
    Ndr
    It’s a fun game

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

11. AndreB

AndreB Karting

Jun 8, 2018
    HTX
    Full Name:
    Ndr
    It’s a fun game

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

12. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    It sure is. I guess you can really say anything you like and no one can prove you wrong. Unless, I suppose, if you claim more at the wheels than the factory claims at the flywheel!

13. sammyf

sammyf Karting

Aug 13, 2004
    Guys, I'm thinking about putting my 360 on a dyno and if anyone has pics of how to tie the rear down, I would really appreciate it. AndreB, do you remember what exactly the "winghy thingy" is?

Thanks,Sam

14. AndreB

AndreB Karting

Jun 8, 2018
    HTX
    Full Name:
    Ndr
    It was the rear diffuser winglets

15. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Nice run! Nearly identical to my F355 with the exception of your car having an earlier torque peak. (due to VVT and dual length intake runner)

The comment of "no use in revving past 7800" is incorrect.

To maximize accceleration you need to shift at an rpm where torque is the same at point of gear change and at the rpm it will drop to entering the next gear. This is always achieved by shifting well past where peak HP is made.

For F355 and 360 Modena the ideal shift point is actually above the factory rev limiter.

16. AndreB

AndreB Karting

Jun 8, 2018
    HTX
    Full Name:
    Ndr
    I’d do it even just for the sound

EhellGuapo likes this.