Empire State Region/FCA 2022 Track Dates | FerrariChat

Empire State Region/FCA 2022 Track Dates

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by Doc V., Feb 2, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doc V.

Doc V. Karting

Aug 29, 2012
    The Empire State Region will host the following track events during the 2022 driving season:

Watkins Glen International: 11-12 (Wednesday-Thursday) May

Watkins Glen International: 2-4 (Friday-Sunday) September (Labor Day Weekend)

Lime Rock Park: 7-8 (Friday-Saturday) October

Registration information and forms for the events should be available soon through the ESR's website (http://empirestateregion.com/). Additional event information is available from [email protected].

Ferrari Club of America membership is not required but is encouraged. All marques are welcome.

The Empire State Region hopes that you'll be able to attend one--if not all--of its 2022 track events!

RonScuderia and bball16 like this.
  2. Doc V.

Doc V. Karting

Aug 29, 2012
    The driver registration form and the 2022 FCA tech form for the ESR's 11-12 May 2022 event at Watkins Glen International are attached.

Attached Files:

3. schao

schao Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    S Chao
    #3 schao, Feb 9, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
    This announcement brings me fond memories with my first Ferrari and 1st time on track at Watkins Glen, Lime Rock, Bridgehampton, and Pocono raceway with FCA in the early 1990's. And really pleased to see that Bob (and hopefully his wife Caryn) are still actively involved. There were 6 owners of F40's who would regularly exercise their machines at these events, what sights and sounds!

P.S. Doc V. would you happen to be "Doc TR" back in those days?

4. DCNSX

DCNSX Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2007
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Can

5. Doc V.

Doc V. Karting

Aug 29, 2012
    The ESR has added a forth track event for the 2022 driving season. The ESR will be hosting a two-day track event at Pocono International Raceway on 21-22 (Tuesday-Wednesday) June 2022.

The IMSA course, run counterclockwise, will be used for the event.

Registration information for the Pocono event should be available in the not-to-distant future.

Please consider joining the ESR at any or all of it 2022 track events:

Watkins Glen International: 11-12 (Wednesday-Thursday) May

Pocono International Raceway: 21-22 (Tuesday-Wednesday) June

Watkins Glen International: 2-4 (Friday-Sunday) September (Labor Day Weekend)

Lime Rock Park: 7-8 (Friday-Saturday) October

Check the ESR's website (http://empirestateregion.com/) for information about all of the region's 2022 track events.

6. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Is previous experience at each track a pre requisite? I’m currently a novice but have a bit of experience and instruction under my belt and expect to get solo status through Chin. The fillable forms seem to imply it.

I’ve run Sebring, Concours and Himestead and I’d love to do the Glen and Pocono and possibly Lime Rock in the 458, which I’m getting more track ready every week.

7. schao

schao Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    S Chao
    Previous experience was not a prerequisite in the past, and I doubt it is now; they'll jut assign you to an instructor to start. The elevation changes and beautiful scenery at WGI and LRP compared to tracks in FL makes for a whole different and experience. Even the roads/scenery driving to WGI and LRP are enjoyable! Pocono track is just ok, but the mountain roads leading to it are also fun.

ESR, with Bob Coates, runs a very relaxed and fun event.

wthensler likes this.
  8. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    That’s great!

Attended Cornell and used to watch Formula 1, and mom was from the Poconos.

So a victory lap of sorts for me!

schao likes this.
  9. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I was wondering how to get in a few east coast tracks after attending the July 21st Natl event.

10. schao

schao Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    S Chao
    How do you define "east coast" and how many days are you considering for your trip(s)? Not being rude, but want to give you relevant response, as I've been on tracks from WGI in upstate NY all the way down to Homestead, FL, and west as far as Road America (Wisconsin) down to NOLA (Louisiana).

11. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Bucket list — Mid Ohio,RA, WGI. (Lime Rock?) Gingerman?

northeast more accurate discription?

12. E46Pittsburgh

E46Pittsburgh Rookie

Jan 27, 2022
    Allegheny Region Porsche Club has a 3 Day event at PittRace July 29-31. Fantastic track and a great organization that welcomes everyone. Go to ARPCA.com for details. It’s halfway between WGI and Mid Ohio.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

13. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

Is LRP muffled or unmuffled.

14. schao

schao Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    S Chao
    #14 schao, Feb 23, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2022
    Mid-O is so satisfying when you drive it properly and Road America is on another level (track seems to be in the middle of a national park, and great brats and beer). WGI offers amazing elevation changes and views of surrounding valleys and lake. Lime Rock is a very short track, so little time to relax, but in a beautiful setting. I can't offer any personal insights on Gingerman. You many also like VIR and Indy (both BMW and Porsche clubs have hosted events there in recent years). I've also heard that PittRace is also worthwhile now that it has been lengthened to 4-mile or so. Have you searched youtube for videos of cars driving those, or any other, tracks?

Porsche, BMW and Audi clubs host many more track events than FCA, and many would welcome other makes. Another option is searching www.motorsportreg.com, filter under "driver school" and locations you are interested in. There are some large for-profit organizations who host track events and offer instructors, such as www.chintrackdays.com, www.scda1.com, and www.hookedondriving.com.

Finally, check schedules at individual track websites for when there may be other organizations (more locally-based) hosting track days.

Best wishes and hope you can organize a potentially epic trip out east!

P.S. I forgot to add that SCCA now hosts track events, as well as the more time limited Track Night in America program nationally, https://www.scca.com/pages/scca-track-events

https://www.scca.com/pages/how-do-i-get-on-track for a video and overview

Manda racing likes this.
  15. Doc V.

Doc V. Karting

Aug 29, 2012
    Unmuffled

16. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I

interesting

17. dgrobs

dgrobs Rookie

Dec 29, 2017
    I run with ARPCA at Pitt.
    Awesome track, awesome people. Lots to learn at Pitt. Very busy track that has it all, elevation, sweepers, kinks, straights, esses (lots of em), etc.
    Tons of track time with AR as well, especially the advanced lapping day on Friday.
    100% recommend them and that track.
    VIR should be on everybody's bucket list as well. A certain Paul Newmann quote comes to mind...

18. Doc V.

Doc V. Karting

Aug 29, 2012
    The driver registration form and the 2022 FCA tech form for the ESR's 21-22 June 2022 event at Pocono International Raceway are attached.

Attached Files:

19. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Awesome.....already signed up for The Glen in May, which I plan to piggyback with Chin Racing's event, so four full days up in Watkins. Will also hit Pocono, then Lime Rock and Watkins again on Labor Day.

Been a heck of a track year already (Sebring, FIRM, Homestead)..........what's left for 2022 ?

Well.........I'd like to visit VIR, Road Atlanta and Barber. And of course a few more Sebring events and Homestead again in November.

I could rightfully retire the 458 from active track service after this extensive tour of duty.

20. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Doc V. likes this.
  21. Doc V.

Doc V. Karting

Aug 29, 2012
    Registration forms for the Empire State Region's 2-4 September track event at Watkins Glen International and for its 7-8 October track event at Lime Rock Park are attached.

These are the last two track events of the season for the Empire State Region. Now is the time to register so that you don't miss out on these unique experiences.

Attached Files:

22. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Hey Doc, do you mind attaching the Tech form as well, and explaining the checkout procedure for the cars?

Fantastic track and event, hope folks here will participate!

23. Doc V.

Doc V. Karting

Aug 29, 2012
    The FCA's 2022 Tech Form is attached.

From the Ferrari Club of America's Track Events Manual:

"Technical inspection is not a guarantee of fitness for any particular purpose. Vehicle condition remains entirely the responsibility of the owner and the driver. Two inspections are conducted for all cars participating in FCA Track Events. The first is the pre-event Tech Inspection that is intended to assure that the car is in good repair and properly equipped to be run in a track event. It is recommended that the Tech Inspection be completed...a week or two prior to the event in order to give time to correct any problems before heading to the track. [Empire State Region track event participants are responsible for having the pre-event Tech Inspection completed on their cars before arriving at the track.]....The second part is the at-track Grid Inspection, which is intended to confirm that the pre-event Tech Inspection paperwork has been properly completed and that all the last-minute preparations (numbers, stickers, removal of loose items, etc., as noted on the form) have also been properly performed. The FCA Inspection form is composed of two parts. The first side has the required elements of the Tech Inspection. The reverse side summarizes the safety requirements and covers the Grid Inspection.

a. Tech Inspection. Before being permitted on the track, all cars must have proof of passing pre-event Tech Inspection within 30 days of the event. This means a person at an authorized Ferrari dealership or recognized independent...service business must complete, sign, and date the Tech Inspection Form....The participant must bring the completed Tech Inspection form to the track and present it with the car during grid inspection.

b. Grid Inspection. Grid Inspection is done at the track by FCA grid inspectors. Using the Grid Inspection form on the reverse side of the Tech Inspection form, Grid Inspectors look at several things to make sure both car and driver are ready to go on the track by doing the following:

~~Validate that the Tech Inspection form is complete, with any deficiencies remedied and signed by a representative of a Ferrari dealership or recognized independent...service business.
    ~~Confirm that all items on the Grid Inspection form have been visually inspected...or have been properly performed by the driver....
    ~~Assure that the correct numbers are on the car, that they are large enough to be seen by corner workers, and are properly applied on both sides of the car.

Upon successful completion of the Grid Inspection, the Grid inspector will place a tech sticker on the car’s windshield...."

Attached Files:

wthensler likes this.
  24. Doc V.

Doc V. Karting

Aug 29, 2012
    Last bump for 2-4 September Watkins Glen International registration....

Attached Files:

25. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Leaving Wed AM with the 458 trailered up. Car is in the shop for full shakedown and fluids.

Looking forward to an action packed five full track days!

c4b4the04 and Doc V. like this.