For Sale - 1978 Alfa Romeo Spider | Page 2 | FerrariChat

For Sale 1978 Alfa Romeo Spider

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Mang, Sep 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    How did you ever fit in a Miata?

one4torque and Texas Forever like this.
  2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Bolt the seat to the floor. Pull out all the crap on the tunnel. Works for the second and third gen. Doesn’t work on the new one.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    The Vial wheel set and tires are five so spare matches now. The original turbinas are going on another car, so out of the equation. It’s the car and the hardtop. Sorry, forgot to add.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

one4torque likes this.
  4. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    #29 Mang, Jan 7, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
    I’m guessing there are eyes on this car, and I am motivated to move it. I have turned most of my car attention to vintage Willys and Jeep hot rods, bordering on obsession, the same passion I’ve had for Alfa Romeo Spider’s for decades. This is really a great Alfa Spider. I especially urge potential California buyers to give it extra consideration. Being smog compliant and looking like this is a nice combo, perfect ‘cars and coffee’ rig. An included factory hardtop in this condition…uber rare. I’ll include the valuable and again very rare ‘Campy’ wheels pictured and the Vial set just added. I used to be an Alfa Spider wheel hoarder, owned every attractive and interesting wheel set I could find, especially out of Italy. There were a good number of ‘boutique’ wheel makers for era Alfa’s, Fiat’s, Lancia’s, Ferrari’s, etc. Years ago I sold off all the wheel-sets, but held on to this Campagnolo ‘iron cross’ variant, due to extreme rarity and good look. You won’t be able to find more than a handful of Alfa’s worldwide that wear them, less than 5?…serious. This old pic shows just some of the styles, the ‘iron cross’ set is there.

This car is exceptional low miles, zero rust, a perfectly patina’d 43 year old that looks and functions nicely. Pininfarina designed.

bonus, I’ve saved the original/period “Bob Bondurant” driving school sticker. Rip BB

Price drop $31k

View attachment 3264655

Attached Files:

Texas Forever likes this.
  5. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    A buddy visited me a few months ago and drove his. I never thought much of this car (good or bad) until I drove it. What a fun runabout it was to drive. You are correct regarding how most probably shift, his was not like butter but I managed to get into all of the gears. I'd think you would want to keep this car for buzzing around Tahoe in the summer.

Texas Forever and Mang like this.
  6. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    agreed, I’ve lived in Tahoe for 30 years and owned/driven an Alfa Spider for most of those years.

7. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Beautiful car. Is it silver or pale blue? Hard to tell in the pics. I really want/need a driver, not a show car. Has 2nd gear been lightened? I know there are guys out there doing that mod so they shift better and don't eat 2nd. I had an Alfa for many years and it is one of the only cars I really regret selling. Well, maybe my '57 Willy's pickup too.

8. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    #33 Mang, Jan 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    Silver. It’s original paint mostly below the side trim molding…inside trunk, hood etc. all original paint. It was resprayed in silver, over the top half and is now patina’d to a flat look. I don’t have many records, just some conversation with the guy I acquired it from and the mechanics that serviced it. The synchro/gears are all super clean, and shifting is flawless. This qualifies as a super straight driver. It made no sense to me to take a low mileage car that is super straight, no blemishes and repaint it just for shine. You can see the exact condition of this car, not covered up by fresh paint. All the trim, stainless, chrome, bumpers, etc. extremely nice. Being in Cali, could be a good car for you?

interesting, I’m into Willys too
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

9. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Gave up here, thanks for the props amigos.

10. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Dude. I'm coming your way soon. Let's talk then.

11. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Cool Dale, we hoist a beer brah, and breathe some clean Tahoe air, talk story about Baron…hippi chicks…the good old daze when we were young…the usual. :cool:

12. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Apologies for the confusion, I’m offering some of the parts described in this ad on eBay. The lighted dealer sign, hard top, and wheel set are offered individually on eBay, so if a buyer were interested in those special bits, just let me know as they may not be part of this offering if sold separately. ALL is still available now, and I am a motivated seller, so don’t be shy if any interest, thanks.

Attached Files:

13. MK45

MK45 Rookie

Mar 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    MK
    Is this still on the market?

14. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Yes

Attached Files:

15. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    My Alfa dealership sign is available on eBay; along with some other rare parts on offer, various marques, please be sure to check them out.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/334300015356

here is also a current bat listing. These signs have a market now all on their own. Check previous sales to see a range of $9k to $25k
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/alfa-romeo-sign/
    Porsche signs have recently gone for $50k - $100k

Reduced…car, hard top, wheels, and sign - $45k.

these are ALL blue chip - the low mileage straight car and the rare bits.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

crinoid likes this.
  16. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Reduced $40k for all.

crinoid likes this.
  17. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Reduced again, $27k for the car and rare wheels/top…$11,500. for the dealer sign

all for $35k

This is a strong play in vintage Alfa world. The car is exceptional, runs flawlessly, could even be a daily and gets 20+ mpg.

18. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Price drop $26k for car - $10.5k for sign

$33k for all

19. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Price drop $24k for car - (hardtop is no longer available) - $9.5k for sign

$31k for all

20. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Price drop again, $23k for car - $9k for sign

$30k for all

21. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    #46 Mang, Apr 9, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2022
    Someone could buy these and flip them immediately on bat and maybe double your money right now? I’ve been shunned from bat, have no idea why, (they reject anything I submit) but this does create quite a flipping opportunity for anyone and it’s also one of the nicest Alfa Spider’s I’ve seen offered in the past couple years other than my old car, so you could enjoy it for that too. Spring convertible weather and Alfa Spiders are a nice combo.

22. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Car $22k - Sign $8k

both $29k

23. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Kinda quiet with this car. For 7-8 months. No real interest. Are there bots that ‘view’ these ads? I’ve had 15k looks and 1 semi interest.

48k original miles, laser straight car, zero zero zero sniff of rust, been a garaged Northern California car for decades, barely driven, but drives like a dream. Someone step up, get it out on the road, attend shows, gatherings, and rally’s, it will be admired in that world. Or just drop the top and cruise it. It’s sitting in a garage now dying to get out in the summer sports car season. Anyone? Snag that sign too. Popular items these days.

24. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Car $21k

both $28.5k

Please share this car info with Alfa peeps, thanks.

25. classicalfas

classicalfas Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2012
    Gardiner, NY
    Full Name:
    Peter D
    Why don’t you post this to the AlfaBB, or submit to BaT.