DCT issue on 2014 Cali | FerrariChat

DCT issue on 2014 Cali

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by lfc8, Jan 27, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lfc8

lfc8 Rookie

Aug 20, 2020
    In Sep 2020 i purchased a CPO 2014 California from a dealer in Chicago. I was hesitant to take the New Power warranty mainly because of upfront cost but decided to in the end for peace of mind. Fast forward to about 3 weeks ago after only putting 2.5k miles on the car, and I started seeing "Operation Not Admissable" on the TFT screen in low gears. The car losing power and didnt know how to change from 1st to 2nd. I called Greensboro Foreign Cars Italia - Stanley over there is a legend if any of you have dealt with him. Being in Raleigh, NC i usually get free pick up and return but they are booked out 2/3 weeks. The New Power Warranty gives free recovery service to the dealer and they picked up the Car the same day. Turns out it was the CCP as part of the transmission after the engineers diagnosed the problem and sent to Ferrari. They had the parts overnighted and I will get the car back (touch wood) next week. Its about $25,000 worth of work in total im told. All covered by warranty. Hope this helps others in wondering if the warranty will be worth it.

tomc, technom3, vraa and 1 other person like this.
  2. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Thanks for the info! The DCT repairs can be costly, in addition to retractable roof issues.

3. w0rtw0rt

w0rtw0rt Karting

Jun 21, 2020
    Jefferson, GA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Lawson
    I actually just went through a full DCT replacement with my 2010 Cali. The guys over at Boardwalk Ferrari helped me out so much by getting me warrantied before the car was experiencing too many issues. All-in-all, I saved myself close to $60,000 in costs by being on that New Power warranty.

tomc likes this.
  4. lfc8

lfc8 Rookie

Aug 20, 2020
    i should be getting the car back this week. Foreign Cars Italia have made this seamless for me. Never been so thankful for a warranty!

5. TifosiConch

TifosiConch Karting

Jan 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Maurer
    Stories like these are why I sign the $6000 receipt for compression test and new power warranty renewal every year. In August it will be my third time...

w0rtw0rt likes this.
  6. lfc8

lfc8 Rookie

Aug 20, 2020
    i got the car back today and good as new! they did a great job.

7. rbellezza

rbellezza F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2008
    Henderson, NV
    Full Name:
    Roberto Bellezza
    And they say the 2014 Cali have no DTC problems ! Glad to hear you had a warranty !

8. Bill Phillips

Bill Phillips Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2019
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Glad to hear it!