Rosso Maranello | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Rosso Maranello

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by nickorette, Feb 17, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Wheels1 likes this.
  2. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    She’s beautiful. I respectfully disagree about Maranello though…it’s a triple layer mica so very smooth, and has zero orange in it. Fuoco yes, but not Maranello. If anything, overtones of violet/purple.

3. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Not yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I did a hunt for a photo of Rosso Taormina in the flesh but had no luck.

I have been scrambling around trying to choose a red over the last few days.
    The colour I had choosen in June last year [ Rosso Portofino] was 2 layers, it has changed to 3/4 and the price has almost doubled!
    My car is scheduled for early June.

5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Well my Porto was Maranello, and compared to Coburn it was more orange in the sun. It's not orange like Fuoco, but more sp than Coburn

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
  7. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    And which red is it? Lol

8. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    How much darker is Coburn compared to Maranello, or is it? Do you have any side by side pics? It looks like a deeper red vs pure red. Very vino! I think I saw one in Pebble Beach last summer, but it wasn’t sunny so nothing was showing well.

9. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Oh sorry. Its Magma. :)

JL350, bwshihtzu, Caeruleus11 and 2 others like this.
  10. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Perfect choice!

bwshihtzu likes this.
  11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Sorry don't have side by side shots. I had the Porto for a week, then I was done. Coburn is darker than Maranello, and it is darker than TRS. It does not shift as much as other colours when viewed in shade or sunlight. Fuoco does this a lot by comparison. It gets darker in the shade but brighter in the sun. Coburn is interesting because it retains its base colour in a wide array of light and shade, but it still manages to be very liquid and show off shapes to a very high degree. A facinating colour.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Lagunae92 likes this.
  12. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    When I was searching for a red I wanted to find a red version of Blu Elettrico- which is how I came upon Rosso Magma. Its not quite the perfect analogy but I think it captures it. Magma is amazing, but it is a hard color to photograph accurately- just like Blu Elettrico- though the SF90 pics actually are doing a good job- camera/ iPhone tech has really improved over the years. It can run the gamut from a very dark dark red- almost a dark blood color to an almost salmon pink orange color. Maranello is more like taking the last 15% of the dark part and the last 15% of the light part of Magma away- so its still dynamic but a little less so than Magma.

13. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I don't love the idea of the salmon/pink/orange hue, but I'm excited for the rest of it. lol

14. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    All of the 3-layers are magnificent but, of course, Maranello is my biased favorite!

I can tell you from experience that using PPF on Maranello regardless of the brand has a negative impact to the presentation of the paint. Many will say they do the whole car and post pics of how good they look (and they do look great) but PPF on Maranella hurts both color and depth. On the front it is a must if you do traffic but virgin paint with quality hand wax has the depth and color of the gods.

15. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Genuine question: Is Blu Elettrico a 4 or 3 layer paint or are you simply referring to how bright it is?

16. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    As has been mentioned, Rosso Magma is incredibly hard to photograph. I think this is one of the few photos that are not photoshopped which actually does a pretty good job of it. It may just be me that is overly critical, but I think the above pictures of the Magma SF90 does a pretty poor job of actually capturing the colour. O my screen at least, this is pretty close in both tone, depth and flake.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    It’s a stunning color. I am a big fan of rosso Maranello but I may be a convert. I am a pretty habitual grey guy…literally all my cars w the exception of just a couple. My wife is down w red though.

18. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    Thanks for this information. I noticed that era 2011 PPF on my 458 front end which has Rosso Nuevo Scuderia F1 2007 has a bit of of the sparkle taken out. No one else notices but I do. Not a huge difference. Maybe 10%.

My experience with the Xpel top of the line PPF in the last 2-3 years have been great on Blu Elettrico 812 I had and a Rosso Fuoco F8S that I still have.

I have a car coming in sometime in the second half of this year and it’s in Rosso Magma. It’s an incredible car, so I am at least doing the front.

Do you happen to remember which film it was and when the film tech era was? For example, there was 2005 era film tech on another car of mine. The adhesive was painstaking work for weeks to get off and the car to be ok. Dramatic difference in film tech as it has made its transition for auto from military helicopter blade use to car applications.

19. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think Blu Elettrico is a 2 stage paint, but it really gives the sense of more layers (does it matter how many layers if it looks amazing). Note there is now Blu Elettrico and Blu Elettrico 2020 (the 2020 is also 2 layers but I find it less dynamic, more like a super Blu TDF).

Magma can look like the LF in the pic above- wow does it look amazing. It really depends on the shape- on just about any Ferrari I think it would look great, maybe I would make an exception for Portofino - I would worry about large horizontal areas without much curve or shape - thats there the copper/ salmon presents most- otherwise it just presents on the creases which makes for a great affect. This is a color that works best in sunny climates just like Blu Elettrico. Thats where they come alive. To a lesser extent you can see the same thing with Blu TDF. On overcast or grey days, the color is a nice darkish blue, but on a sunny day, wow, it sparkles. I guess you could say this for any color but its worth considering your environment when making a choice. By the way, I also love Maranello, its just a touch more subdued/ mature. Anyway, thats just how I see it.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

RamsHmb likes this.
  20. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I didn't realize they had Magma when the LaF was coming out. Don't remember Ferrari having it until a Pista a couple years ago. Looks amazing!

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  21. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Had 3M in 2013-2019 full front and sides/mirrors. Now have SunTek just full front and the rest is carnauba polish. All after multi-step paint correction. Ceramic on wheels and calibers. PPF is awesome protection and invisible on most standard paint. Great shine. But the depth of good old wax on the 3/4-layers is like lifting a filter off the paint and adding 3-inches of depth. Best I can explain.

Most modern PPF is 8mil thick polyurethane with a top coating and adhesive back. Installers and manufacturers will not guarantee that paint lift will not occur on removal. Something to consider especially the longer it stays on the paint.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  22. Elferink

Elferink Rookie

May 16, 2018
    the Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mark Elferink
    I covered my FF completely with PPF and then additionally protected it with a ceramic coating. The result is astonishing. The color speaks even more and the shine is much more intense.
    In my opinion a very positive upgrade!

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  23. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Its a matter of understanding the pros and cons.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Solid State likes this.
  24. prits_88

prits_88 Karting

Feb 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Pritesh patel
    same. i had my fuoco FF full PPF'd and then gtechniq halo over the top

25. SFFerrari

SFFerrari Karting

Jul 21, 2013
    San Francisco