355 Alarm system | FerrariChat

355 Alarm system

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by rcallahan, Mar 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rcallahan

rcallahan F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 15, 2002
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Bob Callahan
    My 1999 F355 battery for the alarm system is apparently dead. When I use my fob the lights will flash but no sound. I'm OK with that but after starting the car the red alarm light (on the dash) stays lit. It's annoying when driving at night.

What can I do?

Thanks,

Bob

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    you have to get the alarm siren/battery unit replaced. and get used to it. it can fail pretty regularly. my 355, at five years hold had gone through three, i believe.

it's a small boxy-looking unit with a "horn" on top and a really horrifically crappy rechargeable battery below the horn.

search the archives - someone here was determined to find a DIY battery replacement unit, but i don't recall if they ever did.

doody.

3. rossofiorano355

rossofiorano355 Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    NOLA - Bham
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I posted a detailed explanation of how to find and get to the siren a few months ago, check archives.

good luck

4. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

It is your siren battery.

You could try this....

Cut the black wire from the sirens 4 wire connector and connect it straight to the neg(-) post of the battery. Note: the wire to connect/cut to is attached to the siren and not the harness end.

This rewire is something they are doing for 360,456,and 550's

Good Luck