812 Replacement Rumors | Page 37 | FerrariChat

812 Replacement Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Thecadster, Jun 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    It probably doesn’t need a sticker if it’s a mild hybrid.

Bundy and Thecadster like this.
  2. Owen Edwards

Owen Edwards Karting

Apr 5, 2020
    USA
    The 812 replacement test mule

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

paulchua likes this.
  3. Owen Edwards

Owen Edwards Karting

Apr 5, 2020
    USA
    It’s the 812 replacement test mule from what I’ve been told

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. Killavata

Killavata Rookie

Jun 6, 2021
    Full Name:
    Killavata
    Hi, can you describe the looks of the 812's replacement?

5. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    When comparing the different views of the mule with the 812 SF and the Roma that's what I see:

Front side view mule vs 812 SF: The mule and the 812 SF are identical.

Side rear view mule vs 812 SF
    : The body of the mule is identical to the one of the 812 SF. However, the air exits seen in the 812 SF front and rear fenders aren’t visible in the mule. From this angle the mule rear seems to be a blending of the 812 SF and the Roma .

Rear views mule vs Roma and 812 SF: The mule rear bumper and lights seem to be from the Roma. The mule rear windshield is identical to the one of the 812 SF but different.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    I have already given some clues...

ohno, Jonathan19, Killavata and 3 others like this.
  7. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Maybe a one off? Have we ever seen on in camo before launch?

8. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Could you repeat some of those clues with some further embellishments and feel free to use 2-3 paragraphs in doing so?
    :D

JagShergill, ohno, TSOYBELIS and 5 others like this.
  9. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    :D
    It's the opposite of an 812, it's a fluid design with nice hips. Not those of the one 77, but beautiful !

ohno, TSOYBELIS, gt_lusso and 7 others like this.
  10. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    And how about those of us who like the 812?

11. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    crinoid and Senad like this.
  12. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    It’s going to be all about the power train. That will be the defining element of the 812. GTS can stand on it’s own.

RamsHmb likes this.
  13. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    I wanted to mean the design.

14. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I understand that. If the 812 design is considered polarizing, then it’s economic value will be based on which engine is in it’s predecessor. It’s the same old story really, last of the NA blah blah. From an economic standpoint, I hope it is the last. From a passion standpoint, I hope it lives on. As an owner of two 812 variants (one coming), I obviously like the car!

15. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    That's an awfully familiar F12/812 rear hatch with a funky add-on 3rd light. Probably the same chassis as well but not completely sure.

16. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    “The last of…Yada,Yada,yada. “ All manufacturers use the same old story to entice buyers they are getting something special, it will hold its value etc. The Italians are especially good at using this-Ferrari(the last V12),Ducati(the last V2) meanwhile the cars and bikes have gotten better and better with each version (yeah there are the naysayers who focus on looks,sound,rawness etc)
    Buy what you like and want, accept depreciation as part of ownership and enjoy. If the 812 successor looks more like a Roma, has more power(with or without electric assist)sounds good,handles well- I may one day get one. If not, I will be happy holding on to my GTS.
    But I won’t hold my breath about the last Ferrari NA V12.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

17. Killavata

Killavata Rookie

Jun 6, 2021
    Full Name:
    Killavata
    So it will be more elegant like Roma and 296?
    I miss smooth design language from the 90s.

Senad and deltona like this.
  18. Almost Interesting

Nov 25, 2021
    So question then for those that know more about cars than I do... I love the Roma's looks and would be very excited for a sculpted 812 replacement. My question is, if they're putting a big V12 in there then how could they get enough cooling with a sculpted body like that? Also, how would they get enough downforce? Part of the reason (as I understood) for the 812 "swoops" and styling is for aero and to get enough air to cool the big V12. Does that further imply the successor will have a smaller electric assisted V12 (less heat) and therefore they can get away with a more sculpted body like the Roma?

A big V12 that revs to 9500RPM + generates a lot of heat and goes REALLY fast. Just look at how many holes, vents, and scoops the Competizione has just to keep it cool and stuck to the ground

19. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    A smaller V12 would probably rev higher and be tuned for max horsepower higher in the rev band and use electric assist to fill in the power band. It’ll still produce a lot of heat and then there is the battery pack that needs cooling.
    Ferrari is a master at air management so it’ll be fine no matter the design.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

20. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Ferrari has never said anything about the future V12 or lack thereof (but they did send a message in the firing and non-replacement of Michael Leiters), it is all based on evidence, there is no regular production V12 you can order, and in regards to the coupe that has been the case for about 2 years, so, when was the last time there was no V12 in standard production (i.e. orderable) for 4+ years (presuming next V12 reveal will be at the end of 2023).

Just the same, what we do know is that it will have several non-defeatable nannies, some very intrusive such as AEB.VRU +AEB, speed limiter, and lane keeping plus it will likely be heavier (new crash regulations pretty much guarantee that)...and, if hybrid, more complexity and weight.

Bundy and Caeruleus11 like this.
  21. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK

It's a matter of taste, but smooth-soft, girly designs bore me.

22. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Yes. It’s an exotic car. I think it should look the part.

JTSE30 and REALZEUS like this.
  23. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    That’s my main beef with AM. They are almost too sculpted, too perfect...no quirkiness like Italian design. For me the beauty lies in the unusual shape that makes you keep staring at it.

vonbeeler, RamsHmb and REALZEUS like this.
  24. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Well finally, I think you'll keep your 812:D.
    In art, "what is simple is beautiful", and this sentence is not mine...
    The most iconic Ferraris who are in history all meet this requirement !

Senad, llk, Killavata and 2 others like this.
  25. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    True but they all had some unusual aspect at least to me. The 275 was a little rounded off over the bonnet and front wings, the 250 GTO had very exaggerated curves, the 250SWB had a little bulbous butt, the Daytona NA Ted at the back, etc.

RamsHmb likes this.