296 Reviews on YouTube | Page 2 | FerrariChat

296 Reviews on YouTube

Discussion in '296' started by keithos27, Mar 3, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DavisJ

DavisJ Karting

Dec 31, 2019
    the 3 i just watched - really of no value. so far so many words have said so little. mind numbing reviews. where is chris harris?

2. AliPaPa

AliPaPa Karting

Aug 16, 2011
    Surprised that even Carfection and EVO havn't review say anything in detail about the driving dynamic. perhaps their track time is limited.

Would also be great if they can test the standard suspension on track to see the difference

keithos27 likes this.
  3. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Man that sounds pretty damn good.

4. Data

Data Karting

Dec 11, 2007
    I was surprised by the lack of emotions as well. It was all very... dull. A new Ferrari should make you scream, laugh, fear for your life, giggle and question the state of your underpants in between corners. Here, nothing. And worse, I feel we have all gotten used to it and accepted it as the new normal.

imahorse, Coincid, DRA132629 and 2 others like this.
  5. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    #30 Napoli, Mar 7, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2022
    I get what you are saying about the Mondial, but the Mondial was a slow 2+2. The 296 is freaking lightning. And, at my dealership, they are flying off the shelves.

6. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I feel exactly the same. The praise is there in droves but watch the reviews. They are just words. No one is overcome. Period. Also, it does sound really quite quiet from the reviews. The reviewer doesn’t need to speak up whatsoever even when pushing the car. That’s not a good sign.

I will absolutely test drive one but certainly won’t be paying any type of non refundable deposit until I do.

Coincid and jackmac like this.
  7. 1881

1881 Karting

Dec 21, 2016
    #32 1881, Mar 7, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2022
    in Italian but think this review makes it feel more alive, don't know whether the Italians are just better showman, but i do like to watch this channel as it feels more 'real' ie less produced than the others...however if you do compare it to the F8 and 812 reviews, they are certainly also a bit less emotional in this review, seems to me that this car is maybe 'too good' ie the ride feels less wild than other Ferraris they tested and so maybe there is less of this 'riding on the edge' feel even at high speeds

i put the video with a time stamp, i mean the guys is flying through the corners, but remains relaxed talking

sounds good however (would say better than SF90 in their video)

ryalex, jpalmito and Caeruleus11 like this.
  8. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    But even in 2nd gear the car never seems to shock him in delivery. Try flooring the 765 in second gear at 60-70 kph and see your involuntary response. I figured the hybrid powertrain would deliver shocking performance. It seems Ferrari made it very smooth.

Coincid likes this.
  9. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    this. when you compare it to the 458/458spec when they came out it's a huge constrast

in one of the reviews it's mentioned that the 458 spec is still the peak ferrari in his eyes, also interesting that it's noted that they learned from the mistakes of the sf90 but not particularly elaborated on

10. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    totally agree with what posters here are saying re lack of enthusiasm. the reviews are all very positive saying its good looking, nice to be able drive in silent mode, very fast, great new brake technology, a special car on track and street, etc. but none of them were laughing or even smiling while driving which they always are doing with supercars. it seemed like they were doing a school book report rather than driving 800hp supercar. i still see no reason to get either a 488, f8, or now 296 over a 458.

Caeruleus11, Tsachi458 and DRA132629 like this.
  11. 1881

1881 Karting

Dec 21, 2016
    Btw i am surprised none of the YouTubers got the 296 to drive, weren't they driving the cars at the same time as the press on the past?

12. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The 296 sound is highly muted. Does not sound like a super car at all. And many complained about the F8 lacking engine sound.

DRA132629 likes this.
  13. rxbg

rxbg Karting

Apr 11, 2010
    USA
    watched all of them. general gestalt i get is that the car is is Audi R8 like in its refinement. so good it underwhelms emotionally. key points- on the low rpm end the V6 has more to give. it is extremely fast at all speeds. they need to make a non hybrid version of this car at the 720hp mark- it would weigh what the 720S weighs but be faster. ultimately this is a 850+ hp car

14. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Lol f8 is way worse in sound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

releod, MANDALAY and ryalex like this.
  15. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    This car is a great achievement for sure, if only the look ..( my taste only).
    Need to see it in the flesh.

16. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Apparently the review videos all feature the same Ferrari-provided track video "b-roll", odd, maybe because each reviewer was only given permission for 2 laps only, I wonder why such a restriction? I presume Ferrari would of had several cars for use, why the limit of 2 laps per review? Something wrong with that, is car not really ready yet?

17. 1881

1881 Karting

Dec 21, 2016
    think it's probably just logistics, they wee in Spain, not Italy, so they had to hire the track, so only so much time per journalist vs in Italy where the own the track

keithos27 likes this.
  18. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Hopefully there'll be a review soon where the non AF is driven on track, too.

19. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
  20. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I didn't see that, Henry was pensive [as always] but the Autotrader reviewer and Automoto (above) were both very excited and positive.

Doug will make his normal Doug surprised face.

21. RADONCulous

RADONCulous Rookie

Jul 25, 2017
    Miami
    Eek, I felt that too. Nobody seemed excited...like at all...

Coincid likes this.
  22. 1881

1881 Karting

Dec 21, 2016
    the youtubers are starting

23. Tsachi458

Tsachi458 Karting

Dec 7, 2017
    Full Name:
    Tsachi man
    The reporters who did the tests for the Maserati mc20 got the vehicle for days and did what they wanted and they were much more enthusiastic than in the tests of the 296

Coincid likes this.
  24. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    296 almost 50% more expensive than mc20 and no way is hybrid alone worth that difference.