Taken Off Market - 2017 F250 6.7L King Ranch Ultimate Package - $64,000 | FerrariChat

Taken Off Market 2017 F250 6.7L King Ranch Ultimate Package - $64,000

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by VAF84, Mar 10, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

I received notice that my new TRX will be at the dealer in the next two weeks or so. I've got a trade-in amount locked in, but thought I'd gauge interest here for a private sale. Until now I've always bought used, and would look for ones that had a history of ownership and maintenance like mine. It's hard to tell a vehicle's history once it hits the dealer.

Bear with me on pics since we're in the middle of a big move. I'd like to get some better ones once we're done and I get her cleaned up nicely again.

The truck has 85,320 miles today, but will add close to 3,000 more miles in the coming week as we move our stuff south from Kentucky. So assume 88,000 miles. It is registered in Texas. VIN 1FT7W2BT0HEC01170

I purchased this truck from a coworker when it was 6 months old and had 6,000 miles. When I went home to register it I knicked the handle bar of a fire truck with my side-view mirror which resulted in the only car-fax incident. I have a picture of the very minute damage as well as video at the place and time of the incident.

It's dealer maintained, and I typically wax/detail every 6-8 months. Usually I do this between jobs, so unfortunately as I'm wrapping up a project I have not done so since my arrival to Kentucky last summer.

I've got the window sticker packed somewhere, but until I can find it and take a pic here are the stats:
    • Ultimate Package
    • Panoramic Roof
    • FX4
    • Diesel 6.7L Engine
    • Towing Package (includes factory pucks and gooseneck in the bed)
    • Factory Retractable Steps
    • Factory CarPlay
    • Heated/Cooled with Massaging Seats
    • Factory Vinyl flooring (no carpet) with factory all-weather rubber mats
    • LED headlights w/ foglights
    • Factory Aux Switches
    • Factory 20" King Ranch Wheels with Michelin Tires
    • Gator Retractable Bed Cover
    • Blind Spot Assistance
    • Rear Camera w/ front rear sensors (no surround view)
    • Two-tone paint
    The good:
    • Routine dealer maintenance
    • Yearly detail and wax including leather conditioning (last done summer 2021)
    • I've owned for the majority of it's life and do my best to keep things well maintained
    • GREAT towing rig. In the past I've pulled a 42' 16k lbs fifth wheel trailer easily, now I occassionally bumper pull a 20' cargo trailer of about 7k lbs easily.
    Recent Maintenance (not including oil/fuel filter):
    • Recent front shocks replacement
    • Recent front brakes pads and machined rotors
    The bad:
    • Small rock chips on front edge of hood
    • Small rock chip on windshield
    • Tires will need to be replaced soon (held off since I expected my TRX to be in months ago). Dealer had them as yellow shade last time it was in.
    • Blemished Carfax due to small incident with the side view mirror mentioned above.
    • Rubber at the end of the retractable bed cover has a tear towards the middle. Has not impacted functionality.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

This picture is the pic of the damage that was reported to Carfax in 2017.

2. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Price please!

Regards,
    Alberto

3. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Oh boy....it's in the subject line :)

$sixty four thousand United States dollars

technom3 and VAF84 like this.
  4. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Man, good loooking truck!

VAF84 likes this.
  5. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    It was so obvious, I did not see it. Thanks for pointing out :)

Regards, Alberto

6. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    BEAUTIFUL rig! You don't see many King Ranches either!

VAF84 likes this.
  7. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Thanks for the complements guys! My wife loves it, and I think she'd rather I replace my truck with a new King Ranch than get the TRX. The King Ranch two-tone package is one of my favorites too. However, I want to give the TRX a go until I see how the redesign looks for the new F250's.

8. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    You are going to miss this one vs the TRX

9. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Have you done the switch? If so, curious to hear your thoughts. Everything I’ve heard about the TRX (barring mpg) had been very positive even by those coming from a 3/4 ton.

10. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I haven't done the switch but a few friends of mine bought the TRX and let them go soon after. All went back to their Fords whether KR's or Raptors. I wasn't too impressed with the TRX myself after having a Raptor. I subsequently got in line for the Raptor R.

VAF84 likes this.
  11. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Well guys, I have to take the listing off the market. My TRX is in, but unfortunately my truck was also damaged by the disintegration of the roof on a horse trailer being towed in front of me on the interstate. In case someone sees this one later on at a dealer for sale, all of the damage is cosmetic from the windshield forward. No airbag deployed, no frame/suspension issues. The sheet metal roof flew onto my hood, then over the truck. Heavy scratches to bumper, grille, headlight and a fender. Windshield and hood will need to be replaced. When the repair is done it will be a new drivers side headlight, bumper, grille, hood, windshield, side-view mirror cap. Estimated $8k via Ford collision center, but probably half that for a DIY fix.

MOD - Please list as off-market

@Gh21631 - I think if the TRX isn't what I think it is, I'll go to a 2500 Longhorn Laramie or new F250 King Ranch. I was cruising in it today and I do think there's a good chance I'll miss that diesel torque.

Gh21631 likes this.
  12. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Love the interior of the Longhorn on the Ram, so cool. It's funny - Anytime I think to myself, when I get a new truck maybe I should upsize to the 250 series, then I think further well If I'm going big I may as well go big and go home and look at the 350...Then I think again well If I'm going to go 350 then I should just full on commit to the Dually! Lol. They're very cool, maybe one day once I move more rural - especially Ford F350 Limited's.

VAF84 likes this.
  13. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

I know what you mean, I've been up and down the size spectrum, but the TRX will be my first 1/2 ton; well technically since it weighs more than most 1/2 tons and it's more robust. I figured out a Ram 3500 dually with the 8ft bed was way more truck than I ever needed. Not to mention a nightmare getting around in places like Austin. I'm really hoping I'll be happy with the TRX, but I do have a thing for those dark brown leather interiors. If they had a TRX with the Longhorn/King Ranch type of class, that would be the ticket!

14. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    That inferior is available in a power wagon... Just saying...

VAF84 likes this.
  15. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Just missing the speed factor, and comfortable ride. Although, if the ride isn’t much more comfortable in a 1/2 ton, then that just leaves speed. Don’t like driving anything slower than my standard of 0-60 in 6.5 seconds, even if it is a HD pickup. :D It’s the primary reason Ford F-250 has edged out the RAM 2500 for me. The Ram pulls, but it’s not very quick in stock form.

16. adc

adc Karting

Feb 1, 2009
    FYI-Wait time on order for Ford SD is 6-12 months

VAF84 likes this.
  17. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Honestly, the longer wait time for Ford’s gave me more reason to go with the TRX than the new Raptor. The only bright side of my current deal is that I will have to keep the F250 and purchase the TRX outright instead of trading in. So I’ll be able to compare both, and if I really don’t feel the TRX is what I hope it will be, I can make some money on it and wait for the 2023.

18. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I'm already 6 months in on my 250 tremor order. I just ordered a 450 because I think it's going to be a year to get it and I figured might as well get in line.

VAF84 likes this.
  19. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Definitely have to get in line early these days, otherwise you're paying a big convenience premium assuming you can find what you're looking for.

20. adc

adc Karting

Feb 1, 2009
    F250 Plat Tremor w/ 6.7 L ordered 10/2/21. Production date pushed back 7 times. Dealer took Xplan pin since it was an order. I keep watching diesel prices go up and think I should order 7.3 Godzilla. ha.

VAF84, Boots and technom3 like this.
  21. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    We have a Godzilla. Good truck too BUT if you tow at all. The fuel mileage goes from 14 to 6 and the fuel tank is so small you have to stop for fuel all the damn time.

Nice truck though drives well and the motor will go forever.

Also it doesn't have 400 dollar oil and fuel filter changed. If you don't have to tow often or far... It's a good option.

adc and VAF84 like this.
  22. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Are super duties stiffer/a harsher ride than the standard F-150?

VAF84 likes this.
  23. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    What's the colour? I think white looks great IMO.

VAF84 and Manda racing like this.
  24. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

I’ve heavily considered the Godzilla 7.3. Test drove it, and wasn’t too bad. Shouldn’t have test driven the diesel with the 10 spd right after though, makes it hard to resist. Regardless, I was thinking the same about it being a cheaper motor to maintain and operate. Not to mention it sucks waiting for the cabin to heat up in the winter with a diesel. I tow maybe 10 times a year, definitely won’t be worse than the mpg I’ll be getting in the incoming TRX.

I think so. My dad has a 2015 XLT, and it felt much smoother to me. During my time in Kentucky I was regularly reminded of the harsher drive as I had to cross two RR crossing on the way to the work site and on the way back everyday (4 x’ing’s). One elevated one sort of like a hill, and the other which I would take at between 50-70mph … a jarring experience.

Boots likes this.
  25. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Much.

VAF84, Boots and tomc like this.