Anyone else waiting on an SF90? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anyone else waiting on an SF90?

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by Techman, Mar 6, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Maser GTS

Maser GTS Karting

Sep 18, 2011
    I put down deposit for Spider around April 2021, and "finalized" spec around August (not sure that means much). Speaking to my salesman around Christmas time, he thought I would get a build this summer. Dealership is getting only one a month. Said Ferrari is making more 296s. I've not spoken to salesman since then, and status is "waiting" with Ferrari.

Performify likes this.
  2. waterking

waterking Karting
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 15, 2011
    Texas
    Yes. Coupe.

3. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I ordered a very late Spider. I have a coupe AF and decided last minute for the Spider. Don’t expect the car before 2023.

Love the grey and dark red spider posted above, very cool design!

4. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Does anyone have an estimate as to how quickly does the new SF90 show up in you My Ferrari app once it’s off the waiting status?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. MikeJF488

MikeJF488 Karting

Oct 6, 2018
    London
    Full Name:
    Mike joseph
    Mine was ordered nov 20, spec locked in August 21, due to go into production any day now and shows as on waiting list on app currently

6. daviderx

daviderx Rookie

Feb 5, 2005
    Palm Beach County
    Full Name:
    David
    Sadly the app always says waiting list. Never changes even as car is built

buddyg likes this.
  7. MikeJF488

MikeJF488 Karting

Oct 6, 2018
    London
    Full Name:
    Mike joseph
    How do you guys see what stage your car is at, where do you see the codes etc?

8. Techman

Techman Karting

Dec 9, 2003
    You need to ask your dealer for the status unfortunately. I ping them every few weeks. The app doesn't communicate any of that. I'm assuming that once you go 10R you'll eventually see the VIN in the app.

buddyg likes this.
  9. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I agree with you that the only proper and more accurate source is the dealer. I ping them as well to get updates and waiting on 10R, but my app is not even showing waiting status while they’ve already told me that I’m passed that point.

10. Techman

Techman Karting

Dec 9, 2003
    Agreed - I don’t think the app has granularity beyond showing your vin and showing production photos. I’ve even seen posts of people saying the app never updated past waiting list even after they took delivery of their car.

What doesn’t make sense to me is the factory must have a real estimate of when a car will be built/shipped/delivered. The whole process can’t be this unstructured otherwise it’d be a miracle if they produced anything. It’s unclear to me why the process is so opaque.

buddyg and F12JAJ like this.
  11. daviderx

daviderx Rookie

Feb 5, 2005
    Palm Beach County
    Full Name:
    David
    Dealer emails at each stage

12. MikeJF488

MikeJF488 Karting

Oct 6, 2018
    London
    Full Name:
    Mike joseph
    Ok thanks , it’s not like that in the U.K. , very little comms in my experience

13. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    My F8 was delivered and I was driving it and the app still said waiting list. Their app is useless, Porsche’s app on the other hand is very accurate.

Techman likes this.
  14. Techman

Techman Karting

Dec 9, 2003
    Porsche’s app is like alien technology by comparison. They nail delivery date before your car ever goes into production which is amazing compared to the Ferrari experience.

AtomicPunk88 and buddyg like this.
  15. Evanologist

Evanologist Rookie

Mar 25, 2022
    Full Name:
    Evan
    #40 Evanologist, Mar 25, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2022
  16. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    My AF spider finished inspection right around Christmas. It was placed on a boat the first week of February and I've been told it could still be another month or so, before arriving here in the Midwest of the U.S. I went with a highly optioned Giallo Montecarlo FWIW. Got chassis pic on the app about the time it was finished, and didn't get the final photo until well after it was on the water. Portofino M for the wifey is ready to be placed on a boat for its journey to America. Still no pics at all on the app. Rosso Portofino for that one. Purosangue allocation confirmed last week, so looking forward to configuring that whenever the gate is opened.

17. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    My Rosso Portofino Porto M is at about the same stage as your wife's. Just tell her that this is the pic. She won't know the difference. LOL

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Glenn Quagmire likes this.
  18. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    She’s a beauty. I would tell her it’s a pic of the car, but she opted for cuoio/nero interior lol.

19. cjpatel

cjpatel Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    NYC
    I have one ordered in September 21', was told the order goes to production in June with my spec locked in around Feb 22'.

Not thrilled about the Glenn's comments on the delay from built to delivery. At that rate I'll be getting mine in August :(

Performify likes this.
  20. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Did your dealer tell you what exact stage your SF90 is currently at?

21. cjpatel

cjpatel Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    NYC
    Just that it was called for production. He told me that the next build allocation they get for SF90 will be mine.

He did mention the term 10R to me, but I'm not sure if my build is in that stage yet.

I did reach out to him about this App access, and then can confirm what stage we're in.

22. Maser GTS

Maser GTS Karting

Sep 18, 2011
    Last Thursday I called my salesman to ask about status of my SF90 spider order. I put a deposit down in April 2021, and specifications were in dealer's system at the end of May 2021. He told me "The next build allocation that the dealer gets for the SF90 will be mine. No one is ahead of me." I wonder if that is the standard response now?!

D11 likes this.
  23. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    My timing for my SF90 coupe was exactly like yours. Build was finalized in May of 2021 and I was told that I’m at 10G now. Next step is 10R but it’s been about 3 weeks at 10G. 10R step is when the frame is stamped with a VIN number and the car actually starts the slow conveyor belt production process. Before I got to 10G, I was told that my car was originally on waiting status and then in went off waiting status to 00 status and then went to 10G. Maybe you can throw those numbers to your dealer and ask them to be more specific as they get updates from factory on their approved build cars. Let me know what they say.

24. Maser GTS

Maser GTS Karting

Sep 18, 2011
    Thank you for the information. I'm supposed to get an email from the salesman this week after he talks to the sales manager, to confirm what he told me and with updated pricing information on my build. I know that there was been one price increase, maybe even two. Maybe the process has changed at this dealership, but in the past the next allocation didn't necessarily go to the next customer in line, it went to the sales person longest without an allocation, i.e., allocations would be distributed evenly across the sales people. I can see some logic behind that, but with few allocations (maybe one a month?) not sure the dealership still does that.

25. cjpatel

cjpatel Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    NYC
    Depends, mine went from "next allocation is yours," to "the allocation is provided to us from Ferrari for June build, so that's your car."