430 - Battery charger | FerrariChat

430 Battery charger

Discussion in '360/430' started by Mjzinno, Mar 10, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mjzinno

Mjzinno Karting

Jul 12, 2021
    Full Name:
    M Zinno
    Have had battery issues since I got my f430 out of storage. Come to find out it has an agm battery from interstate. My charger that I inherited is for lead acid. Does Ferrari or someone else make one with the adapter for agm batteries? Does it matter??

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Do you have the OEM battery maintainer? What year is your car? I have a 2009 and my OEM supports AGM batteries.

3. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    AGM/Lead Acid can use the same Tender - same setting. I would advise getting an Antigravity Battery to alleviate your issues altogether and should you then this Tender can be used for both Lithium (Antigravity) and AGM/Lead Acid/Gel. Cheers :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Mjzinno

Mjzinno Karting

Jul 12, 2021
    Full Name:
    M Zinno
    I have 2007. I was reading on side it says for lead acid so not sure it is supported…not sure how to find out??

5. Mjzinno

Mjzinno Karting

Jul 12, 2021
    Full Name:
    M Zinno
    Thx! I ordered a ctek. Went to interstate and they looked at charger and said it wouldn’t get the agm charged up fully as the amperage was too low. Battery was four years old too so I am going to replace it as well.

6. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    I find that an odd comment re the amp rating

7. delaney

delaney Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    St Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    PETER DELANEY
    Maybe the Interstate guy didn’t know the difference between a battery tender and a battery charger.

8. pauls

pauls Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2004
    Cteck is is really good. I have used it one my cars. There is an adaptor that goes into the cigarette lighter. It charges the battery without having to remove the panel to get to the battery....Really.

9. exoticbruce1988

Feb 16, 2024
    Full Name:
    Bruce Fairfield
    Same problem before, man. According to my mechanic, the agm or maybe lithium batteries matter for the charger, not to the adapter connectors fortunately.
    I have battery issues during winter as well and I bought this ctek charger for my f430.
    https://ctekadapter.com/products/ferrari-battery-charger-conditioner-trickle-charger

Make sure to choose the 4-pin adapter for the charger. Saved me a lot of bucks than oem.