575 manual watch, Europe | Page 32 | FerrariChat

575 manual watch, Europe

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Themaven, Aug 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    All sounds very wise. I wonder if these particular SA owners you outline ever intended to drive them though. If you add harder suspension and a manual box to an SA, does that make it better to drive?

From my observations of Fchat, the US is even more mileage sensitive for value than the UK

F456M likes this.
  2. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Owning Ferraris has been one of life’s great experiences.

But, the mileage thing that afflicts “modern” cars does get on my tits.
    It is irrelevant for my vintage 250 series Ferrari cars, but for something like a 575 it still a major factor in determining value.
    I think the Maranello will have crossed into proper classic status when the odometer becomes a minor consideration in pricing the car.

Mean while If anybody has a ‘tired’ 100 k manual 575 M, with a documented annual service record, PM me ;)

Themaven, F456M and NE550 like this.
  3. NE550

NE550 Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Yup, we are. To the point of ridiculousness.

+1 Couldn't agree more!

Themaven and F456M like this.
  4. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Agree. I would turn the «problem» upside down. People see the value of the car as the value of the potential sales price. Instead, I see the value of the car as what enjoyment you get out of it. Not the sales price. I mean, when you own a car like this, you do have a car that is first of all very very solid, secondly, a car that has a kind of style and heritage that has close relationship with the most expencive car in the world, namely the 250 GTO when you look at the shape, configuration with front engine V12 and the two seater cockpit with the manual gated shifter, parcel shelf etc. It is a car that is timeless and ages perfectly. What you buy is an addition to your life with a special and very high quality car that can be passed on for generations. This is the real value of the car. And who knows, the value also in dollars can go up in the future. If you get back your invested money or even with a profit....... Who can complain about that?? It is a car that underlines your taste and even what kind of guy you are and it build you an image to some extent. To buy one and not drive it is totally wrong. Mine has 163.000 kms. now and it runs better than when I bought it at 73.000 in 2013. I have replaced tires, oils, sparkplugs, the coilpacks and three ball joints. That’s about it. Ok, I have repainted the car, but that was because it was a bit rough when I bought it. It has been a very reliable and dependable car which is great fun to use. The value of the car is the enjoyment it represents. If I loose 20-30.000 dollars in depreciation due to this use, ok I am fine with that. It is the price you pay to have a machinery like this. But the real truth is that the car is worth more than 30.000 more than what I paid for it!! Go figure guys. :)

MogulBoy likes this.
  5. LorenzoOO

LorenzoOO Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2017
    Italia, US NE
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo LaMattina
    Not sure it’s speculators. There’s a lot of money out there. We’re looking down the barrel of a potential period of high inflation. It’s better to hold “things” rather than cash in inflationary periods. Low production volume cars are but one area to park cash. One example I see is 348 Challenge cars going for big money. (32 made). 575 sticks, Stradale, whatever has low volume is a buy today. Geez - cherry 1970 Cudas are trading at a buck and a half!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

F456M likes this.
  6. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    This one at Furlonger was advertised at £175k, 25k miles. It's listed as Sold, does anyone know when this dates from?

https://simonfurlonger.co.uk/cars/show.php?id=968

It looks similar to the car bought and then sold by a poster on this board, he sold his for around £120k I think in around 2018, fearing a market collapse.

7. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Listed January 2017 (initially at £199,990) up to February 2018.

Themaven likes this.
  8. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Interesting. It could have been the car sold by the poster here, I looked up my DMs and he sold his for £120k in mid 2017.

A while back now, it looked like a really nice car. FHP manual. I almost bought it myself, he offered, but I listened to his pessimistic view and decided not to double up on my own FHP manual. I had an offer from a dealer for my car for £180k this year, his would be worth around the same, so that's £60k and a nice car thrown in. So you can make money from buying cars...even with running costs. I guess you just have to do the old thing of buying when others are selling.

Anyway, I didn't sell mine and I don't know if I would have sold his!

9. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    The cream interior with black seats is quite unusual (and I'm not sure it is original).

The value of a car matters on only two days. The day you buy and the day you sell. Everything else is pure speculation.

10. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Actually it’s not the car I was thinking of, having compared the pix.

Yes, interesting interior. Not seen that.

11. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Strong, pretty much Super America money. Low miles but sporadic service history.

For that money you'd need to see Ferrari Main dealer history every 12 months. They are clearly aiming at the collector but it doesn't have collector provenance.

It's like the wild west out there at the moment in the car market. I've just sold my daily driver (Audi S6 Avant) for £10K more than it should be worth. There's a real supply/demand issue with new and newish cars at the moment. Strangely though the classic/collector car market seems to be operating in a different plane.

12. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Wheels likely did not come with the car originally. Did not see VIN but the wheels were not available until around SN 130xxx.

13. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    That £250k car is still available. I think it's a £200k-£210k car tops even in the current market. Also, does that driver seat look like a 9k miles car? Or maybe I'm being suspicious for no reason.

One thing I am noticing is the almost total lack of stock of good manual 575s on this side of the Atlantic. On Autoscout, there are only two, one of which is this one, which looks nice and also cheap on first note. Then you look and see it has a 2001 F1 badge on the dash but is advertised as first registered in 06, and it's an Italian registered car, being sold in France (not sure that is even possible) by a dealer in vans and cheap compact cars. How did a gated 575 end up here...and who would buy it. For the record, 190k euros, alleged 32k km.

https://www.autoscout24.com/offers/ferrari-575-maranello-5-7-v12-515ch-gasoline-8083b4b1-2641-419f-bb0d-66e5fd097ada?cldtidx=2&sort=standard&lastSeenGuidPresent=true&cldtsrc=listPage

14. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Right, as nobody else is interested in commenting on my last post in this thread I will do so myself..The red 9k mile manual 2002 575 with FHP up for £250k is still available. It may be just me but there's something I don't love about it and I don't know what. On the surface, gated 575, CF interior, red/black, low miles, 19 inch modulars. Brilliant. But I wouldn't jump on it. Nor has anyone else.

On a broader note, that's the only manual 575 on the market that I can see in the UK now or since my last post. So it's hard to get any kind of fix on prices. Despite a pretty frothy market, people who own them seem to be keeping them.

15. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Maybe the reason nobody has jumped on it is that it is very expensive?
    9k is not many miles , but it is not the kind of micro mileage that gets a certain kind of collector hot under the collar.

16. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I think you must be right. I guess this is what happens to cars in demand with limited supply. All off the market, barring the people having a go. But what would someone who wanted to buy one do right now, with zero availability, almost

17. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    This one is no longer shown, presume sold. Only 2 on mobile.de across all Europe, and that includes a probably fictional 260k euro high mileage car in Foggia.

I wish someone with a better understanding of markets than me would explain. There are many cars way more expensive than 575 manuals. But they are available. Numerous Daytonas on the open market. Why have these Maranellos disappeared, to use Seth's famous phrase?

18. Ffre92

Ffre92 Formula Junior

May 26, 2014
    NY
    There are way less gated 575 than Daytonas. I would imagine most owners are not letting them go knowing how good they are (certainly not me since it’s my favorite in the garage). I think they are really undervalued still. £250k for fhp and 9k miles seems to me a good value!

Themaven likes this.
  19. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Hi Everybody,
    This year I will be off another Grand Tour of France, Italy and Switzerland.]
    I will be covering some of the same ground as I did in 2016 in my lamented Verde Zeltweg 575 Manual.
    This year I won't be driving a stick but will use my latest V12, so I hope to have the same amount of fun.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Themaven and Ffre92 like this.
  20. Nichols90

Nichols90 Rookie

Feb 11, 2022
    Full Name:
    Christian Nichols
    It is expensive and not sure it's as desirable in Rosso IMO. At least with the mileage you won't feel guilty taking it for a weekend drive.

Looking to source a sub 30,000 mile example in anything other than Rosso or Giallo, if any owners would like to sell?

21. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    My Nero has just over over 30K. Open to 250 GTE Trade discussions :)

635CSI likes this.
  22. Nichols90

Nichols90 Rookie

Feb 11, 2022
    Full Name:
    Christian Nichols
    Hi dsd,

Sorry I should have been more specific, looking for a UK RHD car...

Unfortunately I don't have a 250 GTE to swap :(

What has your 575 ownership experience been like?